Revisiting good old ITV shows from the 80s and 90s

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 months ago

As ITV has gone down the pits, I've been re-watching and also discovering some older shows thanks to YouTube and man, they're so so good. So I thought of creating a thread to discuss some of these shows.

If you're watching any old shows from this era, feel free to recommend and discuss them here! 😊

Currently I'm watching 3 shows -

Byomkesh Bakshi 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpdo8t2F8cQ

Aarohan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtrmnBslvlk

Family No. 1 [re-watching]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aih-Fkl1XBM

Anybody seen them? They're so good! ❤️

Edited by BinKuchKahe. - 10 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

minakrish thumbnail

Family No. 1 was one of my favourites when I was a kid.❤️😆

Edited by minakrish - 10 months ago
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail

Originally posted by: minakrish

Family No. 1 was one of my favourites when I was a kid.❤️😆

Same here! And its still so good even after all these years. ❤️

minakrish thumbnail

Originally posted by: BinKuchKahe.

Same here! And its still so good even after all these years. ❤️

I used to love Delh Bhai Dekh and Tu Tu Main Main..❤️

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail

I used to love Delh Bhai Dekh and Tu Tu Main Main..❤️

I loved Tu Tu Main Main too!

I discovered Dekh Bhai Dekh only a decade back, and loved it.

Glad they're on YouTube.

I also saw Trishna [Indian Pride and Prejudice] and Kashish on YouTube a few years back.. liked them a lot too! Give them a try if you haven't seen them. They're less than 20 episodes each.

I'm currently watching Aarohan and it's really good. It's about a woman who joins the Indian Navy. Just 13 episodes long. Give it a try if you haven't seen it.

Just Mohabbat was great too! I wanted to re-watch it but too bad not all the episodes are on YouTube.

Recently saw BR Chopra's Mahabharat and it was absolutely fantastic. Blew my mind away. Have you seen it?

minakrish thumbnail

Originally posted by: BinKuchKahe.

I loved Tu Tu Main Main too!

I discovered Dekh Bhai Dekh only a decade back, and loved it.

Glad they're on YouTube.

I also saw Trishna [Indian Pride and Prejudice] and Kashish on YouTube a few years back.. liked them a lot too! Give them a try if you haven't seen them. They're less than 20 episodes each.

I'm currently watching Aarohan and it's really good. It's about a woman who joins the Indian Navy. Just 13 episodes long. Give it a try if you haven't seen it.

Just Mohabbat was great too! I wanted to re-watch it but too bad not all the episodes are on YouTube.

Recently saw BR Chopra's Mahabharat and it was absolutely fantastic. Blew my mind away. Have you seen it?

I have seen all those other than Aarohan. I'll give it a try. I recently rewatched SRK's Fauji and Circus. We had such amazing shows at that time.👏

smallwonder thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Thanks for this thread :) I am a 90s kid and have a whole list of shows of those good old days with no onslaught of internet and such. 

To start with, my userid "smallwonder" with Jamie Lawson, Harriot & Vicky 😆 . An obvious choice would be Dekh Bhai Dekh, Shriman Shrimati, Office Office, Yes Boss. 

Amongst probably lesser known, a show called Saara Aakash with Shakti Anand & Sai, Imtihaan with Renuka Shahane & Firdaus Dadi, Just Mohabbat.

The list would go on and on but these are the more prominent ones.

minakrish thumbnail

Originally posted by: smallwonder

Thanks for this thread :) I am a 90s kid and have a whole list of shows of those good old days with no onslaught of internet and such. 

To start with, my userid "smallwonder" with Jamie Lawson, Harriot & Vicky 😆 . An obvious choice would be Dekh Bhai Dekh, Shriman Shrimati, Office Office, Yes Boss. 

Amongst probably lesser known, a show called Saara Aakash with Shakti Anand & Sai, Imtihaan with Renuka Shahane & Firdaus Dadi, Just Mohabbat.

Yes, I used to love Small Wonder. Saara Aakash was amazing too.

There was also Hello Dollie on Star Plus along with Son Pari, Shaka Laka Boom Boom, Just Mohabbat, Tu Tu Main Main, Dekh Bhai Dekh, Shriman Shrimati, Office Office, Yes Boss, Hum Saath Aath, Hain, Hum Sab Ek Hain, Kya Baat Hai... Such amazing family shows back then.

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Yes, I used to love Small Wonder. Saara Aakash was amazing too.

There was also Hello Dollie on Star Plus along with Son Pari, Shaka Laka Boom Boom, Just Mohabbat, Tu Tu Main Main, Dekh Bhai Dekh, Shriman Shrimati, Office Office, Yes Boss, Hum Saath Aath, Hain, Hum Sab Ek Hain, Kya Baat Hai... Such amazing family shows back then.

IKR!! ek zamaane mein Hume bhi fighter pilot Banna tha, phir pata chala physics padhni padegi 😭

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail

Originally posted by: smallwonder

I'm a 90s kid too! High five!

OMG Saara Akash.. I remember that show! Loved it! 

Just Mohabbat was relatable and lovely.

Shriman Shrimati, Office Office, Yes Boss, Dekh Bhai Dekh were such fun comedies! Definitely took a lot of the stress away.