Let there be love and peace in this world 🌍 

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Posted: 11 months ago

Happy Pride Month to all. 🤗

Extremely informative and useful thread by you, Neha. 👏

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Classical Connoisseurs

Queen's iconic 'I want to break free' written by John Deacon, the band's bassist, is now considered a gay anthem but when it came out in 1984, it was in for a lot of controversy.

https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/queen/i-want-to-break-free-queen-most-controversial-song/#:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Mc-NYPHaQ

Edited by LizzieBennet - 11 months ago
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Classical Connoisseurs

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

Fellas, it is gay to be illegal? 

The outlaws of Sherwood Forest were known as Merry Men. The earliest Robin Hood ballads do not mention Maid Marian.

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Happy PRIDE month!! 🏳️‍🌈

Let's hope we can make it less about corporate campaigns using the flag to 'pretend' to be diverse/ inclusive and allies, and more about actions to recognise and diminish the struggles the community has had to face to be acknowledged ❤️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ecaYj14z3M

You with the sad eyes

Don't be discouraged

Oh I realize

Its hard to take courage

In a world full of people

You can lose sight of it all

And the darkness inside you

Can make you feel so small

But I see your true colors

Shining through

I see your true colors

And that's why I love you

So don't be afraid to let them show

Your true colors

True colors are beautiful

Like a rainbow

Show me a smile then

Don't be unhappy, can't remember

When I last saw you laughing

If this world makes you crazy

And you've taken all you can bear

You call me up

Because you know I'll be there

And I'll see your true colors

Shining through

I see your true colors

Your true colors

Like a rainbow

If this world makes you crazy

And you've taken all you can bear

You call me up

Because you know I'll be there

And I'll see your true colors

Shining through

I see your true colors

Your true colors

True colors

True colors

Shining through

I see your true colors

Your true colors

Like a rainbow

Spideyweb thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

The history of the LGBTQ+ movement is marked by a spirit of overcoming. It all started with a series of riots, the Stonewall uprising, in a pub in lower Manhattan in 1969. This moment was so pivotal that it led to an annual commemoration that transformed into the first pride parades. These first parades took place simultaneously in two cities, Chicago and San Francisco. 

🤎

🤎

Another milestone was the creation of the rainbow flag by Gilbert Baker, an activist. He designed this emblem looking for inspiration in several things like social movements, music, and the Flag of Races. But the LGBTQ+ movement didn’t stop there… 🏳️‍🌈

💜

💜

While Pride events vary from place to place, they serve the world by raising awareness and acceptance of LGBTQ+ people worldwide. In many countries where discrimination or persecution still exists, Gay Pride events worldwide help break down barriers and bring people together.  While there is still much work to be done, the positive wave of momentum continues to grow, and prejudice is being paved over with pride worldwide!

💙

💙

There is no doubt, quotations are part of pride symbolism. When Pride Day approaches, we read “love is love” everywhere. Quotes are a great way to encourage values like understanding, respect, and sympathy. They are also helpful in keeping communities together or to make people feel empowered. “Pride for everyone”, “we’re here. We’re queer”, or “the future is trans” are just a few examples.

💚

💚

Music has also influenced the LGBT+ arena. There are many lyrics that have become powerful pride quotations, like “born this way” (Lady Gaga), “I see your true colors shining through” (Cyndi Lauper). Likewise, people like RuPaul (a famous drag queen) have turned his quotation into a Pride anthem: “We’re all born naked and the rest is drag”.

💛

💛

33 countries across the globe have legalised marriage equality under their domestic jurisdictions. Marriage is not only a question of dignity, but it is also a bouquet of rights that the LGBTQIA+ people are being denied. One cannot nominate their partner for life insurance as well. And, unfortunately, these are not theoretical issues. This is our life and therefore, anything short of that would not be acceptable. The right to marriage equality flows from the Constitution’s promise of dignity, equality and fraternity.

🧡

🧡

There are about 67 countries that penalise LGBTQ+ relationships and about a dozen where being gay is a punishable criminal offence. These countries usually claim that "homosexual" relationships cannot be allowed owing to strict religious norms and moral considerations. The LGBTQ+ youth has the highest rates of suicide, depression and harassment in online and offline spaces.

❤️

❤️

Aap yaha bhi 😆 I have no idea why im here😆