Chocru thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 months ago

Huuuuge rant alert!

The movie is a one time Must watch!

Just happened to catch it on Jio!

I haven't loved a movie in a long while! Maddock has some excellent writing team.

Just like how they subtly played the gender disparity in Stree, they did the same here in relation with nature.

The whole point and theme of the movie is VERY, VERY important in these times. 

Some moments were so wonderfully written and delivered. Wow! 

Spoilers ahead!

Before that,

I am one of those people who is not at all affected by blood or gore or violence. Chopping fingers, severing heads, drilling into eyes... I won't feel a thing, but if I see an animal as much as even limp a little I will start bawling my eyes out so I avoid watching movies with animals because I can't see them in pain. 

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is, this movie has hit me right in the gut by highlighting the importance of respecting nature and how dismissive we are of this gift. 

Kudos to the team, the important part of the climax has the badly VFXed wolves as the highlight than the hero and heroine. They really stayed very true to the theme all through the movie.

Some of the most poignant moments for me :

1. When the Ojha stops the wolves. That was such a brilliantly written scene. Here is the man who lived all his life in the nature and has utmost respect for it and when the time came nature respected him back.

2. The song , Tu mera hoke bhi... so rightfully a chart buster!

I can't stress how ingeniously they have interwoven the love story between the leads AND the love story between man and nature. Some of the shots and lyrics, it's someone who opened their eyes to and discovered the beauty of natural world and have come to love it with reverence. 

3. When they discover the virus is a girl. One dialogue goes, we forgot the most powerful among most species is the female,we didn't even think it could be a woman. Lol. Subtle digs again, so wonderfully timed.

4. Overall the cast did a good job. Wolf in undies the first time was hilarious. Varun did the part of truly realizing the importance and beauty of nature really well. 

5. The wolves in the end awww... he licks off her wound and she finally entrusts him the responsibility and embraces death. I felt so bad seeing how tired she was... carrying this on for so long. 

That kinda hits hard because, so many people for years are trying so hard to make people and governments aware of environmental crisis but like Bhaskar in the movie, we don't have time to care for that above the need of our own goals or survival, house, car etc forgetting that it will only make the very survival worse for us by endangering nature.

One of the guys, who seemed environmentally aware is a hypocrite (like so many in real life) who won't mind forgetting his logical points on damage to environment if it greases his hands with money. And he says,

"This place is 87% jungle what will happen if a few % of it is lost?!".

This has been the argument of soooo many motivated individuals and companies and people actually accept and fall for this BS logic.

Which is in a way smartly countered by Anika in one of the other scenes where she says, "These jungles whatever are left are lungs of the country, the little oxygen you get breath in cities now is thanks to them".

By the end of the movie you really feel like some kind of bhediya type virus/protector should really exist and guard our natural environment from us humans. All through the movie I could only think of the 2 Billion animals and countless flora that we lost in amazon forests few years ago because someone decided they needed more land to exploit.

2 billion lost and we cry for pandemics that befall us because of our own actions!

Anyway, just for the worthy theme this movie deserves a watch!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

driven thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Why did it flop then? 

Chocru thumbnail

Originally posted by: driven

Why did it flop then? 

So many good movies flop and bad ones become hits. How do we explain that?!

This one is not a mindless actionfest. It has a point to make and it tries to do it as entertainingly as possible with some sesinsivity. 

driven thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chocru

This one is not a mindless actionfest. It has a point to make and it tries to do it as entertainingly as possible with some sesinsivity. 

Why did it flop then if it's entertaining? Why didn't majority people like it?

Chocru thumbnail

Why did it flop then if it's entertaining? Why didn't majority people like it?

How do I speak for majority? I can only speak for myself ðŸ˜†

Anyway, I think it did some 70crs business, isn't it? So it wasn't rejected outright?! There were atleast few more like me ðŸ˜†

driven thumbnail

How do I speak for majority? I can only speak for myself ðŸ˜†

Anyway, I think it did some 70crs business, isn't it? So it wasn't rejected outright?! There were atleast few more like me ðŸ˜†

What did you like in the movie? 

Chocru thumbnail

What did you like in the movie? 

Unbelievable!!!

I just wrote a huge ass post telling what I liked! Redirect to main post please! 

driven thumbnail

Unbelievable!!!

I just wrote a huge ass post telling what I liked! Redirect to main post please! 

Where? ðŸ˜•

LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Agree with everything you wrote. I recently watched the movie on a ott platform and realised that I should have watched this in a movie hall. 

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Which OTT platform you watched on ?