Would audience give same leeway to female celebs as they do to males?

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 11 months ago

Salman Khan, Dharmendra, Sanjay Dutt, Amitabh get support of audience NO matter what criminal cases they had or controversies they had or their personal life or more serious charges like Bofors, hate speech to incite mob in 1984 (AB sr), illegal land deals, killing endangered wildlife, links to underworld, knowing about 1993 blasts, abusing women, slapping media persons, slapping fans etc.

Govinda also got away by slapping a fan. Sunny Deol hardly got backlash when he broke camera of a fan in frustration during shooting of a film in 90s. 

Conversion or polygamy of male stars is not questioned.

Never seen Dharam lose love of audience.

TADA case and drugs could also not get backlash or hate for Sanjay or ensure he got no work at all.

I have never seen people judge character of male celebs no matter what.

Rishi Kapoor being alcoholic or philanderer or wife beater is also hardly believed by his fans or most of audience. Most people refuse to believe Ajay and Akki are philanderers and assume they are family men.

Jaya B gets bashed for attitude towards media but Rishi's outbursts on Twitter or against media never got him as much hate.

Rajesh Khanna got leeway for marrying and abusing minor Dimple. He'd be called a pedophile and wife beater today if he did what he did then at 35 YO age.

My question is, would you as public, tolerate a female actor who like like Salman Khan or did what Sanjay Dutt did? Or still give benefit of doubt to a female actor who married a boy who was still a minor while she was herself 30? Would a female star continue to have fans or defenders in industry to whitewash her image even if she killed humans, wildlife, did drugs, had links to underworld, had affairs or married another man despite being married to first husband already or dumped first husband and kids to run with another new man? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Yes check this forum every time something happens to Kangana. She has supporters. Her mantra was you go girl. That sounds like leeway to me 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Honestly, I don't think so. Just like this forum used to be on the Gul Maiya shows. Not blaming anyone here. You literally watch people fall so madly in love with the abusive male lead that they would be willing to forgive murder for him. Meanwhile, if the heroine stands up for herself she is the B word. Males can never be submissive. As the attitude is what makes him hot. Partly, why certain creepy men (not all) probably get the idea it is ok to be so entitled in real life. 

But no! Kangana has not really committed a crime. I can't believe I am defending her. Unless we count her allegedly stalking Hrithik. She definitely gets far more hate than any of the men mentioned by the topic maker.  

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 11 months ago
atominis thumbnail

Never seen people defending Kangana atleast in last 3 years ever since she went totally unhinged and began posting hate speech, calling for genocide and trolling random people online too.

The 'you go girl' phase was in 2016 when she first gave that interview to Rajat Sharma.

Not anymore. She is labeled as next Parveen Babi.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

Never seen people defending Kangana atleast in last 3 years ever since she went totally unhinged and began posting hate speech, calling for genocide and trolling random people online too.

The 'you go girl' phase was in 2016 when she first gave that interview to Rajat Sharma.

Not anymore. She is labeled as next Parveen Babi.

There was some of it in summer 2020

When she hi jacked Sushant death narrative

She is scary crazy 

To this day she has support. 😬 

Edited by Maroonporsche - 11 months ago
atominis thumbnail

That happens in case of all shows. IF showed me extent of internalised misogyny in women.

In all show forums, we had female members bash woman characters and not say a word on males or get defensive of male characters. Some even defended rapists and domestic abusers, cheats, pedos or ones who indulged in forced marriages or bride buying.

Balika Vadhu forum even had people defend child marriage as a good thing at one point.

I always see people defending male celebs, male characters no matter what. 

DushtKanya thumbnail

No, I don't think people would tolerate women doing those things as much as they tolerate men because our society at large still sadly holds women as the inferior sex, and that's a bitter reality. It's getting better than before among the newer generations as people get educated, I would say, but still not significantly.

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Yes check this forum every time something happens to Kangana. She has supporters. Her mantra was you go girl. That sounds like leeway to me 

Maybe I am old fashioned but I don't think having a horrible personality is the same level of problematic as murder, terrorism and domestic abuse. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: MostlyHarmIess

Maybe I am old fashioned but I don't think having a horrible personality is the same level of problematic as murder, terrorism and domestic abuse. 

Kangana had allegations of some of that stuff. ^

She openly tweeted to wanting to kill Pakistanis. The son of Shekhar Suman said she hit him a lot and allegedly try to make him drink her menstral blood.  She also seemingly mentally abuses co workers in quitting (a lot) 

Edited by Maroonporsche - 11 months ago
atominis thumbnail

Her films are flopping and she has lost ads.

She only seems to have support online based on RW and IT cell trolls often backing her.

Otherwise she has no support at all.