Would RS, AB Jr, RK, SM be discussed if not their famous wives? - Page 3

Poll

What these male stars be discussed if not for famous wives?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meredith thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 months ago

Who cares about Sid-Kiara?šŸ¤¢The worlds most fake couple.šŸ‘ŽšŸ¼

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

SM? I think SM is more popular than his wife at this moment. you could add Saif in the list - he definitely benefited from KKā€™s popularity 

atominis thumbnail

Saif was always kind of discussed due to being son of Pataudi, Sharmila or husband of Amrita.

Though I agree if he is relevant today it is purely due to Bebo who is way more popular than him or nowadays he is in news due to Sara and Ibrahim. Even his kids with Bebo are more famous than him thanks to their names.

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: atominis

Ranveer has definitely married WAY up. Deepika was a way bigger star and more popular than him and has more hits and also the Padukone daughter legacy. Her dad is a legend himself in a different field.

Ranveer was giving flops earlier before he hit it big with Ram leela, Bajirao Mastani, Padmavat. His jodi and link up rumours with DPad raised his profile.

Anyday Deepika is a bigger name and brand compared to RS both in India and globally 

Yes definitely b/c she was a much bigger star than him but itā€™s not like she settled either (except in looks lol but sheā€™s way too goodlooking anyway!) Heā€™s bound to be the Next Best Thing, comes from a very well-to-do business family, has a loving & supportive family & plsssss. There isnā€™t any ā€œPadukone daughter legacyā€!! šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ˜† He earned peanuts. The real money DP has brought in that family + the family sheā€™s married into. By all accounts, itā€™s DPā€™s maternal grandfather who was very well-to-do aka her mother. Her father didnā€™t have much. 

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Lootera is discussed only online. Nobody gave a damn about it in real life. It is a forgotten flop. Not even popular on TV or DVD like, say, Swades or AAA.

BBB was his only big hit and showed potential. Ricky Bahl film was not that big hit. Ranveer hit big league only after his jodi with Deepika, who was much bigger star then and gave hits like Cocktail, CE, became famous, and their affair was one of reasone why Ram Leela got more hype.

Their jodi got famous and SLB promoted them a lot more with Bajirao and Padmavat.

Deepika is not giving as many hits now and her brand value took a hit due to JNU and drug issue but she was way bigger than RS in every sense. RS knows it which is why he said he and Vicky married out of their league.

Deepika is more known globally too. She was invited to present Oscars and made it to TIME 100 and its cover too. Not RS, who has also been giving flops of late.

RS has got more hype thanks to relation with Deepika.

Otherwise he would be only known as a guy with potential wasting himself in so so films and being more known for nude Photoshoots or cross dressing than any solid performances and hits as an actor.

Now also, he has become complacent IMO and is not giving performances like Bajirao or Padmavat. He is wasting his potential and probably got carried away having hits and also becoming son in law of Prakash Padukone and having biggest female star of her time as his wife. 

He is definitely not a total loser like Abhishek who is freeloading off wife or dad's fame. But he did upgrade in life only after relation with Deepika and acceptance of his onscreen jodi with her among audiences.

He was floundering at BO earlier.  

His difference with Deepika is not same as Vicky or Abhishek's with their wives. But it is a fact Deepika was way bigger than him in every sense be it legacy or her fame a a supermodel or her success as an actress. He gained upward social and professional mobility by marrying her. 

Wow. NO. RS comes from a waaay more socially relevant & well-connected family than DP. šŸ¤£ Yes even with the ā€œPadukone daughter legacyā€ that you seem to keep insisting, exists. It doesnā€™t. The Bhavnanis downplay their wealth & status for RSā€™ outsider image & it shows that it works b/c he has a lot of people fooled. šŸ˜†šŸ˜†

atominis thumbnail

I am not saying Ranveer is a middle class struggler who could not even pay his own rent if not for Deepika.

Padukones have a certain prestige in public due to Prakash Padukone being a sports legend. 

Bhavnanis maybe rich AF but lack that sort of prestige or instant recall value like Padukones.

This is what I meant.

As individual, Deepika was bigger star than RS and this is a fact.

Just as Kaushals, Bachchans may have wealth but individually Ash and Kat are bigger stars than Abhi and Vicky.

I hope context is clear.

Otherwise I am aware RS is no outsider or middle class struggler or some guy from village or small town. He has some relation to Anil Kapoor family as a distant cousin or so. Everyone who follows BW goss, knows that.

Still, globally also, DPad is more famous than him at the moment.

Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Not to make it an anti- bachchan post but I hate the fact that the bachchan family doesnā€™t celebrate Aishaā€™s success so much. abhishekā€™s team winnnig a tournament is a huge thing but Aishā€™s movie doing great is not even worth a mention

Nandini_goyal thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

Wow. NO. RS comes from a waaay more socially relevant & well-connected family than DP. šŸ¤£ Yes even with the ā€œPadukone daughter legacyā€ that you seem to keep insisting, exists. It doesnā€™t. The Bhavnanis downplay their wealth & status for RSā€™ outsider image & it shows that it works b/c he has a lot of people fooled. šŸ˜†šŸ˜†

agreedā€¦ for a long time I actually thought that he was an outsider 

Nandini_goyal thumbnail

Ranveer has definitely married WAY up. Deepika was a way bigger star and more popular than him and has more hits and also the Padukone daughter legacy. Her dad is a legend himself in a different field.

Ranveer was giving flops earlier before he hit it big with Ram leela, Bajirao Mastani, Padmavat. His jodi and link up rumours with DPad raised his profile.

Anyday Deepika is a bigger name and brand compared to RS both in India and globally 

I think Deepika had her own reasons to marry him, 

She has this image and posture in public, she has that no nonsense, sophisticated, no crap image but deep inside she is not that. Behind the glamour, she is actually a crazy person, and I think she toh RS, she found someone she could be crazy with. 

atominis thumbnail

Everyone knows Ash and cold war with her in laws and spouse.

It has been discussed to death now. Ash was away from Navya's podcast, launch of Shweta's book and clothing line. Bachchans are away from promotions of her films and Cannes. Ash was hardly ever seen at KBC except for one video message for Amitabh on his birthday.

She seems to live separately and focuses on self or her daughter. Her daughter and herself were not even mentioned during Navya's podcast except for maybe 1 episode on privacy and paps.

Ash is seen at parties and Cannes etc alone or with Aaradhya. Rarely with Bachchans in tow like they were seen together earlier. 

I think Abhishek attended a screening of PS movie for sake of Mani Ratnam maybe. 

I have rarely seen Bachchans post on social media about Ash, her work or films or awards anymore. Nor Ash posts much about them on her Insta.