Would RS, AB Jr, RK, SM be discussed if not their famous wives?

Poll Question :

What these male stars be discussed if not for famous wives?

Poll Choice
Yes
No
Login To Vote
Posted: 10 months ago

Would Abhishek, Ranbir, Ranveer, Sid, Vicky be discussed as much and get as much limelight if not for famous women they dated, engaged to or married?

Varun is also there but hardly discussed as his wife is not a star nor he has been linked to many starlets. Tiger has also not dated any top heroine and Disha is not that a big name he has been linked to. No one talked of Vicky until he married Kat.

Salman too has been linked to and dated some of biggest stars and models and partly he is discussed more than any other star of his generation due to his colourful, volatile life. But he himself is also a huge star with huge hits so cannot be compared to others who are having patchy record at BO, have no mass following on ground and are mainly online phenomena and discussed more by fans of their wives or rivals of their wives.

Varun and Tiger have never been discussed the way Ranbir, Ranveer, Sid are. Rajkumar and Ayushmann are also nowhere in picture despite talent or content of films or awards. Vicky was never discussed as much as he is now, after marrying Katrina.

Are these RS, RK, AB Jr, SM, VK discussed so much mainly due to their more famous wives, famous exes, famous link ups and GFs? 

Would you still discuss these men if they had not dated or married/engaged with/linked to top stars like Karishma, Rani, Ash, Deepika, Katrina, Alia, Kiara or had flings with Sonam, Amisha etc? 

Edited by atominis - 10 months ago

… Yes. Very much so. B/c they’re big stars in their own right. 

The first thing that came to my mind looking at the topic was - Who's SM? I know the other three and don't care about their wives. 

On topic, I would say it's a tie between RK and Alia (on who's a better actor). Otherwise, RS and AB Jr are way ahead (as actors), IMO. Don't care about the other pair. Both are bland. 

Thanks for your opinion but I honestly would never pay so much attention to Abhishek (dull AF), Ranveer or Ranbir if not for their famous partners and link ups. I did not even know Vicky before he married Kat. I had to be reminded he was the Uri guy.

I had some interest in Ranveer when he showed spark in BBB, BM, Padmavat. But otherwise he has disappointed a lot as an actor or his onscreen antics.

And I never liked Ranbir anyway except for maybe Barfi and I find him too overhyped. The manchild act by him has been done to death in his films, so much so that even promos of such films are repulsive for me.

I never found any of these new guys good enough to be in league of 90s or 2000s stars. No appeal like Hrithik or Khans or Akki or even Ajay's intensity or talent.

Sid Mal is SM.

Also I mistyped question. The word should be 'would' not 'what' in the question above poll options.

Would these male stars be discussed as much as they are now?

I firmly believe they were not discussed as much in media or online before they had link ups with famous actresses, some of who, were way bigger stars than them.

I do not think there is any reason to keep discussing flop actors. I also think Ranveer and Ranbir get too much discussed because Deepika has been RK's ex in past. Fans and rivals join the fracas to keep them relevant.

Obviously.  Maybe sid nahi cos he's VANILLA and can't act for nuts.

Ranbir Kapoor is a superstar. Animal will show you his real potential in August. 

I agree about Vicky and Ranveer. 

It's a mutual beneficial arrangement from which both parties benefit. Nevermind who's the bigger star in the couple. They play up to the public expectations by posting something personal occasionally, or indulging in PDA when the camera's on them. They are spending most of their time with their coworkers. It's not a 9 to 5 job. So it's natural that they'll hook up,date or marry their costars. Some of these marriages are carefully arranged. But the public love touting them as love marriages. As if some of the on-screen love story is being replicated off-screen too.

Originally posted by atominis

Thanks for your opinion but I honestly would never pay so much attention to Abhishek (dull AF), Ranveer or Ranbir if not for their famous partners and link ups. I did not even know Vicky before he married Kat. I had to be reminded he was the Uri guy.

I had some interest in Ranveer when he showed spark in BBB, BM, Padmavat. But otherwise he has disappointed a lot as an actor or his onscreen antics.

And I never liked Ranbir anyway except for maybe Barfi and I find him too overhyped. The manchild act by him has been done to death in his films, so much so that even promos of such films are repulsive for me.

I never found any of these new guys good enough to be in league of 90s or 2000s stars. No appeal like Hrithik or Khans or Akki or even Ajay's intensity or talent.

Well then that’s you. RS & RK are huge stars. Whatever they are, but the fact that they’re huge stars is undeniable. SidMal is also a star & so is Vicky. There was always lot of interest in all of them. Have their marriages benefited them? HELL YEA! (Esp in the case of Sid & V) But it doesn’t take away from the fact that there was always public interest in their lives. 

I would argue Vicky was more popular on this forum 4 years ago before he married Katrina. I can pull up old threads as proof. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 10 months ago