HarshadThakker thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 months ago

...sorry can't  think of a better title

I haven't  been watching the show for a while ( and probably never will) but that's not going to stop me from posting this game which i thought of when the show was still good , so let's  cut right to the chase...

The game is very simple. You're  a character from the show ( not a self insert character , an existing one) and you're somehow transported back in time to June 6 2022 and you're close to Pushpa( can be any character)  how will you change the cannon events without making it worse  for her? Post a prompt / short story in not more than how many ever paragraphs you want....

Rules;

1) You can pick any character  BUT Dilip ( if i give this option then it will be an easy way out by writing just a one liner and ending the scenario ; He never came to India , yeah no , you can't  pick Dilip...

2) Please pick a character who has regular interactions with Pushpa and is an important part of her life ( even Bapodra  is a good choice) but don't  pick random snd obscure characters like Ramesh or that lady who works in the municipal corporation

Enjoy!

Edited by GattuThakker - 11 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HarshadThakker thumbnail

Pls read the top post in this thread ☝️☝️☝️☝️

Tagging members to get this thread some attention....everyone in this forum is welcome to participate...

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

So like alternate universe thingy 😆 good one. I'll come around ⭐️

HarshadThakker thumbnail
Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

So like alternate universe thingy 😆 good one. I'll come around ⭐️

Thanks 🙂

HarshadThakker thumbnail

Where are you people?;

Snowqueen91 thumbnail
Posted: 10 months ago

I have a few questions... 

What is a Prompt? Is it like an idea of a what-if scenario? 

I can do that... But I don't know if I will be able to write a story(I'm not that confident about my writing skills... My English/ Grammar is not that good..😭 ) 

Also how many characters? Because I have two in my mind. 

HarshadThakker thumbnail
Originally posted by: Snowqueen91

I have a few questions... 

What is a Prompt? Is it like an idea of a what-if scenario? 

I can do that... But I don't know if I will be able to write a story(I'm not that confident about my writing skills... My English/ Grammar is not that good..😭 ) 

Also how many characters? Because I have two in my mind. 

Prompt  does  not mean a full fledged  story....just a summary of it with a few paragraphs 

You get to be 1 character who goes back in time and changes everthing for good....if you have 2 versions of the story then you can post it as vversion 1 and 2....it's  your choice...

SereneWorld thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

So a time traveler's story? Sounds fun, I'll try.

The time traveler should have some motivation/ purpose of doing this. As of right now, I think Chirag and Prathana are the ones wishing they could go back in time and change things lol So I'll go with one of them.

I think Chirag would be a better option and the one with more regret of not realising his feelings sooner. If Prathana travels back, it would be the same story of her confessing and rejection etc, their college period with Chirag's business made them even closer, so Chirag before that period may not even realise his feelings. Plus she doesnt have all the knowledge of canon events or even in a position to bring significant changes and she is not jugadu enough, imo lol. 

In a 'back to the future' style, Chirag is heartbroken with Jay and Prathana's alliance. He has a friend who is an intern/assistant to a scientist researching in time-space science stuff. He is venting to his friend and somehow comes across this time machine type thing that the scientist is working on. Being the jugaadu he is, he tries to get more info out of his friend and in desperation decides to try time traveling. He somehow convinces his friend and they sneak into the scientist lab, the intern/assistant doesnt know much about the machine except the basics and is unaware that the machine is not stable.

Chirag's goal is to travel few months back before the Jay thing started and prevent things somehow, his friend inputs the date and the machine starts. The dome shaped machine lights up and suddenly for Chirag everything goes black, and then theres a splash of water thrown on his face. He jumps in surprise, trying to find his bearing. He slowly realises his mom is scolding him, he shakes his surprise off and asks his mom for the date. Pushpa scolds him him further for being so unaware then says it 6th June. 

That surprises him, he asks the year which makes Pushpa roast him further before answering. He doesnt understand how he travelled a whole year back when he was supposed to go just a few months back. But as he watches Dipti come to pick Ashwin, Rashi going to school alone, and as he stands infront of Prathana while Pushpa gives Bapodra new stools for burning his old ones earlier, it settles on him that he did indeed go back a year.

After dropping Prathana at college, which is surreal after their recent "break-up-not-break-up" thing, he bunks his class and sits down to think on what to do. He has a whole year! A year where so many things happened and he changed a lot. He decides make a list of all the things that he remembers will happen. Then he lists out things that definitely should happen and things that he should change now that he can. He debates on telling Prathana the truth before deciding not to for now.

First thing he does is not steal Bapodra's shirts, which astonishes Munna and Prathana but, he learnt and grew from it already and he needs to impress Bapodra. He plans on starting his sketch shop(find investors for that, not risk Prathana 's money) and find a away to get his sketch artist job without getting into exam paper leaking case to get noticed.

While trying to save little things, like avoiding the goons who want their betting money or stopping Pushpa from going to cook in Dipti house the day before the parents meet up, or avoid Sonal getting hit by the ball, he soon realises that some things need to happen. Every event impacts a person and relationship, brings change in some form. And some things shape people.  While he is from a year ahead and learnt his lessons, others still need to. It becomes a constant debate in his head, how he should react, where he should intervene, how the heck did he react in this moment a year ago? he doesnt have photographic memory to remember everything! hello?? 

When Pushpa announces getting into school again, he is stuck with not knowing weather to support from the get go like he wants to or follow the footsteps of his past self. After some conversations, incidents... he ends up taking out his plans that he wrote down and re evaluate everything. There are things he cant change because they shaped other people/ relationships but there should be some gray areas where he could, but what are they?

Like Rashi's discomfort with Pushpa being in her class, it eventually resulted in motivation to score high, and shaped their relationship. But he can still nudge Rashi to confide about Aryan's harresment right? He warns Aryan when Rashi does confide but it still blows up when Aryan tries to get revenge in some other way. The school and parents get involved and the past repeats. Though Chirag intervened things still happened in a similar way. It brings in the conflict of 'will certain things always happen'?

But the whole Bapodra sending them notice to vacate their house, the court case, Sushila being thrown out for helping them etc never happens because he stopped stealing shirts. So he can change things drastically if he is the lynch pin or one of the primary game changer is what he concludes. 

He continues to nudge people instead of outright helping anyone in their problems like asking/making Ashwin check his file before he goes to present the file that Aryan's father tempered with or finding ways to make things easier like saving the wedding jewellery like catching the theives red-handed stealing the jewellery. Dipti and Ashwin's marriage is a lot smoother and earlier with the court case not being a thing, sagai going well without his arrest and avoiding the jewellery issue.

He jugaads his way out of impressing the police officer with his sketches and getting his past (..err his future now?) job back. He also tries to get money for his shop much earlier. Turns out once Prathana finds out and decides that she'll help, he cant deny her. Given the time frame of Bapodara asking about the money is much later in this timeline he agrees. Convincing Bapodra for renting Munna's shop is easier given how he hasnt done anything for him to complaint since he travelled back. He decides to still go with the pen name of Ghokle because Bapodra will never appreciate him if he knows it him but doenst drag it so that it wouldn't cause a scene like last time. 

He uses the pen name to convince Bapodra for his shop and a few days after when an impressed Bapodra invites Ghokle to paint the family portrait, he turns up as himself, confesses it is his pen name and sketches their portrait as proof.

Pushpa, Prathana and Bapodra are the most bewildered with his sudden maturity but the women are nonetheless happy about it. Bapodra grudgingly helps promote his art, cuz he doesnt have much against Chirag for a while now. When Bapodra asks for money from Prathana this time around, he has earned enough to return it without Dipti lending them.

Everything is comparbly less dramatic than the last time. Pushpa and Rashi's studies are going well. And he constantantly stops himself from getting too involved in things he wasnt in last time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it deviates things but for the most part things are better. His plan of building a good image in front of Prathana's parents seems to be working, he gets to enjoy his time with Prathana knowing her feelings for him but doesnt confess his yet. Everything is going well till he is sketching a portrait for the police and ends up drawing Dilip's face. 

It strikes him that its around this time that Dilip turned up in their life. He is again stuck with action or inaction knowing the truth and the future. When the conflict of giving his bone marrow turns up he takes a drastic decision that would change everyones future. He doesnt donate. He instead goes to Valentines party with Prathana and confesses his feelings to her. Vasundara and Mansi try a lot but they dont find any donor and Dilip ends up dying with his identity never coming out in the open.

Chirag does feel guilty slightly but watching Pushpa shed tears of relief when they find out Dharam Raidhan died, knowing the torture Dilip would have brought into their lives, he doesnt regret his decision. He eventually does have a conversation about Dilip's true nature with Pushpa and Ashwin, who after hesitating does end up telling him after he argues he deserves to know. 

When Jay's alliance comes this time around, Prathana who is confident about her and Chirag's love, with Bapodra having a better relationship with Chirag the last few months, and having Chirag to give jugaadu ideas ends up rejecting the alliance before it takes any solid form.

With no Dilip tormenting their lives, a Bapodra who has less things to complaint and a better relationship with Pushpa and Chirag, Pushpa's life is much less stressful and ends up scoring much higher in her boards. 

When the day Chirag time travelled rolls up, he looks back at the whole year, the lessons he learnt and the things that changed for better(a lot) or worse(little to none). While from now on he doesnt have any idea of the future events, he is confident that things will be much better than he could have ever hoped for a year ago. 

The end.

Ps. I'm not a writer and wrote in one go for fun lol

Edited by SereneWorld - 10 months ago
HarshadThakker thumbnail

That was really a mind blowing prompt....i was confused why Sunny Bapodra angle was never shown but then realised the answer was in your story itself...Chirag ain't that close to Bapodra so that part of the timeline would've unfolded the same way it did in the original timeline....

SereneWorld thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Thank you❤️

Yeah Chirag soon learns that he cant get involved in everything and sometimes he doenst know everything about the situation either, or the outcome is good lol 

Like should he stop Ramesh from coma so Nileema wont go through the suspision of being a murderer and stay in jail but Ramesh's coma has helped him see things differently and he might become a better person. And what if he does try to do something and instead of coma, he ends up dead? Unlike Dilip, he seems to have a chance at redeption. Plus Ramesh's absence cuz of coma is what brings out Bapodra's hand in his brother's death and teh eventual reunion of their families. Another such conflict is should he do something to save Radha kaku from getting betrayed or let things play out cuz at the end Pranav and Varsha did get punished and Kaku met Saran who became her son. If he does nudge Pushpa so she doesnt trust Pranav & Varsha which leads them to do some other kind of betrayal and what if this time they may not be able to help Kaku in time or get a hold of Pranav & Varsha or get the house back? 

There are things he cant do, because after a point it would too unpredictable and might affect other things too. In a full feldged story, it would be good conflict points to dwell on. I did debate on adding them but decided to that Chirag would choose to just play the same role he did in the past for all these conflicts and the times he does nudge people a little, like Rashi and Aryan's case things still end up in a simlar way. 

Alternatively he could end op doing something like, instead of getting involved in Neelima's moment where she stands up against Ramesh and protects Pushpa, he chooses to leave his phone/recording device at that location ahead of the time, so in a worse case scenario he would have evidence to save Neelima but also make it look like the recording was entirely a coincidence. Chirag being a Jugaadu character really helps lol He can make backup atrangi plans that may or may not be needed😆 

Edited by SereneWorld - 10 months ago