Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 1 years ago

He saw his picture in the bag. He knows what that means.

Gwtw27 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Part 5

Armaan was shocked to see his gift and photo in her bag. His eyes displayed various emotions. Confusion being the chief one.

"Then what are these doing in your bag Riddhima?" he asked softly.

Riddhima broke down completely. She tried to control her hysterical cries. But three years had been a long time for her too. Staying away from him was difficult for her too. Her knees gave way and she fell onto the ground. Armaan immediately lifted her up and made her sit on the chair she had just gotten up from. He sat across from her and waited for her to compose herself. He gave her a glass of water to drink. Once she had calmed herself down he asked her to explain.

She said "Armaan, Two days after you left for the conference my brother suddenly fell ill. On examination at the Malliks hospital, it was found that my brother had atrial septal defect ( hole in the heart) and a surgery was recommended. I asked about the details of the surgery and knew that it was too expensive for us. I then met your mother, Dr. Ananya Mallik to explain that I would not be able to bear such huge expense right now and asked her if there was any other way. She said all my brother's current as well as future, if any, medical expenses will be taken care of by her only if I stayed away from her son. She said I was spoiling your life by robbing you of an excellent opportunity such as marrying into the Malhotra family and having the worthy Nikita Malhotra as your wife. She reminded me of my financial status and labelled me a gold digger. She said she would operate on my brother on the only condition that I leave the city and not contact you ever again. I wanted to save my brother desparately Armaan and at that moment I had no other option but to agree."

***Flashback***

"But what if you come back.. how can I trust a gold digger like you?" Dr Ananya Mallik asked narrowing her eyes.

"You have my word" , Riddhima said coldly with blazing eyes.

"Listen Riddhima.. I know this is very unfair to you but when it comes to the future of my only son I'll do whatever it takes" Ananya said resolutely.

"You don't have to worry. I'll move away." Riddhima replied with a steely gaze.

Dr. Ananya Mallik knew that a naive and honest girl like Riddhima could easily be manipulated. And she took advantage of exactly that.

"But Armaan will search for me. How will you stop him?" Riddhima hit back wiping her angry tears.

"I will tell him that you got married and moved away" answered Ananya.

***Flashback ends***

Armaan couldn't believe his ears. His own mother. How could she possibly do something as horrible as this. Blackmailing his Riddhima using her brother's heart condition!

This was unacceptable. He would not let Riddhima suffer anymore. He would not let himself suffer anymore. They had been separated against their will for three precious years of their lives by lies and manipulation. He stood up from his chair decisively wiping his tears.

He stretched out his hand for Riddhima to hold with unwavering determination in his eyes. She looked at him.

"But Armaan.. your mother" she asked unsure.

"And what about your engagement?" she added hesitantly. 

"I'll handle it. I'll take care of every problem if you are with me. We will overcome every obstacle together" he said resolutely.

Riddhima smiled at him and finally placed her hand in his. They both walked into the sunset together hand in hand.

The end 

Hope you all liked it.

Thank you to all the silent readers.

Thank you so much for liking the post to people who pressed the like button.

Special Thank you and mention to coderlady for liking and sharing your thoughts on all my posts and maintaining the interest throughout the 5 parts of this OS. Your comments were highly anticipated and very much appreciated. 

coderlady thumbnail

He found out just in time. He would have been married soon.

coderlady thumbnail

His mother has a lot to answer to now. She may have lost her son forever.