•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 months ago

It's a love-hate situation - I love the convenience of scrolling through my feeds but hate how much time I waste. Does anyone else feel me?

Once I think critically, I realize many factors contribute to this such as the ease of access, the constant notifications and updates, the need for social validation, and the fear of missing out (FOMO). 

After reading many books on technology, I have realized that the addictive nature of social media platforms is also due to the use of algorithms that personalize content and keep users engaged for longer periods.

Whilst we still naively believe that we're just fiddling with fun gifts handed down from the nerd gods, these technologies are encroaching on our autonomy, preying on deep-seated vulnerabilities in our psyche.

Our addiction to these technologies is not accidental but rather a result of a deliberate design that seeks to capture our attention and keep us engaged for as long as possible. Social media companies, in particular, have mastered the art of manipulating our emotions, behaviors, and thoughts through the use of algorithms that personalize content and create echo chambers.

The question is: are people even aware of this?

It is not safe for women and children... And men too... But as usual.. no one is doing anything when we can all boycott it..  just like the politicians never do anything for safety.. 

You will find peace if you don’t take it too seriously. 

I don’t mind a casual scrolling everyday but when you’re posting mindlessly  & literally comparing yourself  to others on the basis of what they post, time to take a break.