Apurva Asrani relieved Priyanka Chopra ‘didn’t end up like SSR'

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Apurva Asrani relieved Priyanka did not end up like SSR or Parveen, claims 'kings tried to destroy her'.

Priyanka Chopra recently said she moved to the US because she had 'beef' with people in Bollywood and was pushed into a corner. She has found support in Apurva Asrani and Meera Chopra.

Bollywood fans woke up on Tuesday to Priyanka Chopra’s brutally honest revelations on why she left India to pursue a career in the US. The actor said she faced opposition in the Hindi film industry, as people stopped casting her in movies. After Kangana Ranaut, Vivek Agnihotri and Amaal Malik, writer Apurva Asrani also batted for Priyanka and mentioned how it’s a ‘win’ that she didn’t end up like Sushant Singh Rajput and Parveen Babi.

Sharing a news report about Priyanka, the writer mentioned how the facts were known by everyone but no one dared to talk about it. He also wrote how they ‘hailed those who ostracised her’ and ‘celebrated the king’ that tried to destroy her. Apurva’s tweet read, “Finally Priyanka Chopra reveals what everyone knew, but said not a word. Not the liberals, not the feminists. They hail those that ostracized her, celebrate the kings that tried to destroy her. It is a massive win that she didn’t end up like Parveen Babi or Sushant Singh Rajput.”

Speaking with Dax Shepherd on his podcast Armchair Expert, Priyanka Chopra shared that she was being “cornered” in Bollywood and also had some “beef” with people in the industry. It was at that time that she signed with her manager Anjula Acharia, who suggested that she try making a career in music in the US.

“I was being pushed into a corner in the industry (Bollywood). I had people not casting me, I had beef with people, I am not good at playing that game so I kind of was tired of the politics and I said I needed a break. This music thing gave me an opportunity to go into another part of the world, not crave for the movies I didn’t want to get but I would require to schmooze certain clubs and cliques of people. It would require groveling and I had worked a long time by then that I didn’t feel like I wanted to do it,” Priyanka said in the interview.

Speaking with Dax Shepherd on his podcast Armchair Expert, Priyanka Chopra shared that she was being “cornered” in Bollywood and also had some “beef” with people in the industry. It was at that time that she signed with her manager Anjula Acharia, who suggested that she try making a career in music in the US.

“I was being pushed into a corner in the industry (Bollywood). I had people not casting me, I had beef with people, I am not good at playing that game so I kind of was tired of the politics and I said I needed a break. This music thing gave me an opportunity to go into another part of the world, not crave for the movies I didn’t want to get but I would require to schmooze certain clubs and cliques of people. It would require groveling and I had worked a long time by then that I didn’t feel like I wanted to do it,” Priyanka said in the interview.

Filmmaker Vivek Agnihotri and actor Kangana Ranaut also came out in support of Priyanka Chopra. Musician Amaal Malik also echoed Priyanka’s statement and said that he faces the same treatment “on a daily basis”. Amaal took to Twitter and wrote that it is about time that Bollywood’s truth about camps, cliques, politics comes out in the open.

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/priyanka-chopra-finds-support-in-apurva-asrani-cousin-meera-chopra-leaving-bollywood-politics-cornered-8524799/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Some manipulative, overly competitive "king" and his homo "friend"? 

And still that cunning King had the nerves to say that Fluke hit Patthan's success is the personal success of how he was repressed personally, just to gain sympathy from a non existing religious angle.