Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Alia4545

SRK made Bollywood global and he is an international star. So why was he avoided? Sridevi also had lots of contributions for Bollywood and South Indian film industry. She did around 400 films. I never saw anyone did these amount of films in short time. She had a state funeral. So that means she contributed a lot for the country. When Non Indian people like Mother Teresa and Nelson Mandela can get the Bharat Ratna, then why can’t some Bollywood celebrities get this award? 

Are u into full time trolling because u are jobless? Or is this a joke or something? Or you like to trigger people and get fun?

Mother Teresa and Mandela worked for the society selflessly and tirelessly....removed discrimination and worked for upliftment of society..it doesn't matter whether they are foreigners or indians or aliens.....this is like comparing apples and oranges.... Why would anyone in their sane mind compare humanitarians with actors? 

Everybody is working hard in their lives so what if sridevi did 400 films with her fake nose and whiny voice? Who cares...

Originally posted by: Billi_Bangalan

Are u into full time trolling because u are jobless? Or is this a joke or something? Or you like to trigger people and get fun?

Mother Teresa and Mandela worked for the society selflessly and tirelessly....removed discrimination and worked for upliftment of society..it doesn't matter whether they are foreigners or indians or aliens.....this is like comparing apples and oranges.... Why would anyone in their sane mind compare humanitarians with actors? 

Everybody is working hard in their lives so what if sridevi did 400 films with her fake nose and whiny voice? Who cares...

I am not trying to troll. I am just asking. If other field people can get this award, then why not Bollywood people? 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: atominis

... film industry has no exceptional or unique talent, excellence or service to nation or world class work to merit a Bharat Ratna level award. ...

The "any field of human endeavour" for which the Bharat Ratna is given includes every art form, so it includes the Indian filmindustry, too.

As it is the Prime Minister who makes the recommendations to the President of India, it is - obviously - his decision whom he wants to get awarded (for whatever reasons).

What I find a bit strange, is the relatively high number of posthumously given awards (the dead people can't enjoy this honour anymore, but living ones could)...and also giving this Indian award to someone who is neither Indian nor lives/lived in India and/or did something very special for India.

Uday_Shetty thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Alia4545

So one has to sacrifice their life to get this award? Did Lata and Sachin sacrificed their life for the country or people? 

Do you even read all that I wrote?

You either gotta help people or be the best in your field to get this award...

I don't see SRK and Sridevi being either...

A voice like Lata Mangeshkar hasn't been found yet and she entered the industry 70+ years earlier... 

I find the Bharat Ratna given to Sachin controversial... while he is the greatest cricketer of the last gen I think a Padma Vibhushan would be fine... but still he has made a record no one else in the world has or might even be able to replicate so you can't completely say that he didn't deserve it (might I mention Sachin played for India and represented the country whereas Bollywood is an industry in India its not India itself)

Like some people said above Major Dhyanchand deserved Bharat Ratna but sadly didn't get it...

Uday_Shetty thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Chocru

That is not true. Only awarding people who sacrifice their life is not the criteria. In that case no sportsman, writer or singer should achieve it either, right? 

M.S.Subbulaxmi and Bhupen Hazarika were very deserving candidates. Because they excelled at their field to a level that they took their craft and it's recognition to another level. 

Dhayan Chand deserves it for same reason. 3 olympic golds is not a joke for a country which struggles to get even 1 consistently. And his efforts were beyond that too.

Some of these people have this element of originality, skill and accomplishment like no other. They truly contributed to THEIR field like no other. That is the real criteria.

Which is of course diluted by awarding likes of Rajiv, Sachin etc. 

Also, does SRK deserve it for putting Indian cinema on global map? Before him Satyajit Ray truly did it heck even Raj kapoor was famous in USSR, so what SRK did was not truly path breaking. But few more years down the lane who knows but acc me no he doesn't yet qualify for it. Nor sridevi. Great actors but nothing path breaking.

Pls re read my both replies to OP (1st one is on pg 2 I think)

I already said you gotta me a humanitarian or be the best in your field (the type of work which you get to see once in a lifetime) 

I definitely agree with you @bold 

Rajiv getting Bharat Ratna is a joke but you can't expect anything else from a political party which has been in power since independence🤷‍♀️

You just read my 2nd reply and misunderstood my words...

Peace in and out✌

Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Chocru

Thank you for saying this! 

Chosing Sachin Tendulkar over Dhyan Chand that year for Bharat Ratna was a JOKE.

Sachin is a talented sportsman but he is no God of cricket like his fans dub. He was a spectacular failure as captain. He did nothing voluntarily to go out of the way to develop a sport. I'm saying this only to say even in cricket he has his limitations. His is all about personal achievement like you said, Padma bhushan/vibushan se zyaada nahi milna tha, for his skills and records.

Sachin never deserved over Major Dhyanchand. Sachin is just another personal acheiver. And this God of cricket thing is just another exaggeration.

Now, if someone truly deserves this award, is Ratan Tata. No one deserves more than him. Awarding him will somehow restore the lost glory of our highest civilian award.

And Bharat Ratna isn't some paan masala award that Zubaan Kesari bol diya and award mil gaya. Please don't compare the likes of Shahrukh Khan etc with the contribution of Mother Teresa or Nelson Mandela or Ratan Tata just for the sake of comparison. 

atominis thumbnail

Party in power often awards it to own lot. Congress was in power so they gave awards to Gandhi-Nehru family.

For me when Atal was no Bharat Ratna but BJP gave it to him.

Bharat Ratna can be rigged but giving it to filmi nachaniyas is too much. What original or good work Indian actors or filmmakers do? They play same role for decades and cash a particular image. 

atominis thumbnail

SRT atleast made a world record. Proved excellence. I agree on Dhyanchand too.

But I am totally against loser filmi kachra getting Bharat Ratna for doing same type of roles, remakes, copied content all life.

atominis thumbnail

You are joking right? Mother Teresa and Mandela have actually worked for people in real life. 

WTH does a film star do for others in real life that you compared some SRK or Sridevi to Mandela?

Disgusting tbh.

Raj Kapoor, Amitabh, Satyajit Ray and even Mithun were popular abroad before SRK even entered Bollywood. Why should SRK get Bharat Ratna? For doing same old romantic family dramas for 3 decades with outstretched arms in same YRF, Dharma or Farah films? What excellence is that? And WTH special has Sridevi done by doing hundreds of films? 

There have been talented actors and superstars before and will be so later too. Nothing great about Khans or Sridevi. Or any filmi star.

They did routine commercial fare. They have no excellence or originality. 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

You are joking right? Mother Teresa and Mandela have actually worked for people in real life. 

WTH does a film star do for others in real life that you compared some SRK or Sridevi to Mandela?

Disgusting tbh.

Raj Kapoor, Amitabh, Satyajit Ray and even Mithun were popular abroad before SRK even entered Bollywood. Why should SRK get Bharat Ratna? For doing same old romantic family dramas for 3 decades with outstretched arms in same YRF, Dharma or Farah films? What excellence is that? And WTH special has Sridevi done by doing hundreds of films? 

There have been talented actors and superstars before and will be so later too. Nothing great about Khans or Sridevi. Or any filmi star.

They did routine commercial fare. They have no excellence or originality. 

Sridevi herself was not too into awards like the Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri so I am not sure why she is brought up in discussions like these. People thought she should have gotten Padma Bhushan for breaking a lot of the caste barriers down South but she herself wasn't too keen. (I don't think any other filmi star will do that to the extent she did but that has to do with the audience and not the bollywood actors/actresses themselves) 

Nargis had a real shot at something like the Bharat Ratna with Mother India. Because it was a rebuttal against anti-India criticism. In terms of film contributions only. No one else will ever come close. 

Dilip Kumar's...views made him a nonideal candidate. 

But since then I don't think Bollywood has enough impact for a Bharat Ratna.