International Women's Day: Embrace Equity

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

I'm a woman. Phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, That's me. 

-Maya Angelou

March marks Women's History Month - an annual month-long celebration highlighting the contributions of women to events in history and contemporary society, and on March 8, people commemorate International Women's Day to observe cultural, political, and socioeconomic women-made achievements in various fields.

Gender inequality and discrimination are rampant in our societies, and most of the time. International Women's Day is observed to fight these gender biases and to raise awareness of problems including gender equality, reproductive rights, and violence and abuse against women. It now serves as a platform for spreading knowledge and inspiring social change.

The theme for 2023's Internation Women's Day is Embrace equity and DigitALL: Innovation and technology for gender equality. This theme highlights the role of innovative technology in promoting gender equality and meeting the health and developmental needs of women and girls.

We celebrate every woman out there today and while we've come a long way, there is still plenty to achieve. So let us come together and try to eradicate the problems women face and work for a better, safer, kinder society. 

On this important date, let's come together and discuss our views on the current issues women face and what can be done to ensure women continue to be awesome in all areas.

Happy Women's Day, ladies, here's to #SisCode and #GirlPower!

Edited by oye_nakhrewaali - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Happy women's day  not that we need a day to promote and recognise women but hey it's still a day to reflect  

I'd personally like to see more women in top positions in the workforce.. if covid has taught us anything it's that we can work remotely so I think companies can offer flexibility for women to work around their family life hence can be in those important top positions. 

Eydis thumbnail

IMG_20230309_004121.jpg

Nichuss thumbnail

Belated Happy women's day.... ðŸ¤—

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Happy Women's Day! 

More power to the queen's who keep their heads high and not let the crowns slip! ðŸ¤—

More power to us all!!

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Happy Women's Day (belated)! 🥰

Empowered women make empowered mothers and mentors, and build empowered societies. May more and more women continue to shine to the top and realize their true potential. May more and more men stop feeling (unneccesarily) insecure of successful women.

Edited by tournesol - 1 years ago