Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Marathi_Mulgi thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: awida

I thought he should put sindoor on her hairline for the marriage rituals to be done.. but after watching today's episode.. my question was answered. Coz they asked Pandit ji about the marriage , and he answered that according to Hindu customs, the marriage have happened.πŸ˜ƒ

I just like this couple. Ravi and Pratiksha look so good togather.

yeh though story and entire badla plot is senseless only pratiksha ravi look good together and enjoying their nok-jok, blabbers and eyelock. hope they will do good in emotional scenes too. but for now enjoying their funny scenes

Marathi_Mulgi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lethamukund

Each ITV show has its own standards of marriage. But 90% cases, Sindoor is shown as the most important. Just throw Indoor and deal is done. Second important is phere. 

DP gave me two new lessons of Indian marriage. Phere can be taken in instalments. And SIndoor is not mandatory. 

I never thought mangalsutra is more important than sindoor, even though I don't wear both any time, even after completing a happy married life of 18 years 

most of the time itv use sindoor scene to show kismet connection between couple as shown in for admat in ud or prarish in nagin6.

they mend it use it in their own way. At the end most important is beautiful relation understanding you share with husband wife and inlaws which make it successful

Marathi_Mulgi thumbnail

So you are an Indian. And you think dramas have different ways in showing marriages. Yes. I saw Faltu and Dooriyan where in both sindoor fell on the girl's head and she was considered married. In Dooriyan the girl didn't accept it.. but in Faltu she did, but she is hiding it .

I think modern women prefer simplicity, and since marriage is done.. you think that wearing mangalsutra and sindoor for life isn't important. πŸ˜ƒBut as a part of marriage rituals it has to be done.

Still this 7 pheras taken in instalments is strange.. and I wonder why Pratiksha is so scared of breaking this forced marriage since her uncle is very supportive

itv mold it as per their own convenience 

and whole marriage in dp was funny thing.

they had shown pratiksha accepting this marriage thinking about her uncle reputation as this marriage is telecasted in media as he was in many trouble coz of her till now.

Marathi_Mulgi thumbnail

OFC I am an Indian and I live in India. The state I belong to does not have 7 phere in marriage. We have 3 and woman takes the lead. There is no Sindoor, OFC mangalsutra is there. 

there are different customs, rituals in different areas so it differs in that way.

I believe in the institution of marriage and family. Very much. And it should be based on love, mutual respect and trust. I don't claim myself as modern. I believe that love and care for each other in a marriage is more important than flaunting the symbols of marriage

will agree for what you written but still mangalsutra preferred more in wearing sindoor not again will say it as per each custom and everyone belief

Society has progressed very much, I don't think in today's world no marriage will happen, as shown in DP, no one can force up on a woman and tie her in an un wanted relation. Not even in remote villages. Law and order exists in this country. 

they made fun of marriage. its happening in front of police.

The problem with ITV is that the shows are still stuck in 1960s and 70s, where a girl's life purpose is to become someone's DP, and once she is married to any random guy, they will create some intimate moments, ITV cliches and fire chemistry is born....and fans start romanticise the toxicity. 

Basically what they show is criminal offence. Romanticise the offence and sell it to audience

yes itv/creatives took liberty for trp sake and what forceful marriage they shows can impacted wrong way on society in the case of one sided love.

@Bold: I wonder why Pratiksha did not resist and tried to run away in this whole drama. She just played along with Ravi. It sends out a feeling to the viewers that Pratiksha wanted this marriage. The whole purpose of Ravi marrying for revenge and hate-love story gets defeated with no resistance from Pratiksha

yes ravi said it when police arrested him that she didn't made any attempt to stop it means she wanted the same though he put knife on her neck and threaten her but what about other time she could have escape easily is she so weak for her life or wanted this marriage to happen

I feel while Pratiksha was ready for her marriage with Malhar, she had an inner desire to have Ravi and that makes her character questionable in an ITV show as an FL. If she was totally into Malhar, how come there was no resistance to Ravi. I don't think she could not have escaped. There was full police force around, Ravi had some FB with Keerti, he was vulnerable many moments, why she has not taken advantage of some such moment and run away. Even when Ravi-Malhar was fighting for mangal sutra, she just stood like statue. No attempt to escape

she was ready with every groom when her parents alive and fixed her marriage who were asking for more dowry or with malhar though she want denied when he advanced to her in physical but  her aunt made her accept manipulating her with uncles fake heart attack. i guess only with ravi she was with her heart unknowing to her. That mangalsutra snatching between ravi n malhar was most funny thing where all including pratiksha, police, uncle aunt didn't make any move🀣

PS: I watch the show only to see Fahmaan performance. He is a fabulous actor. I just skip other parts where Fahmaan is not on screen. The story is very boring, with highly predictable tracks

watching only for fun n drama as in ITV you can not make any sense. not watched both actor before but liking non stop bak bak of ravi and raviksha knok jok

Marathi_Mulgi thumbnail

Thank you for telling me about marriage rituals and your view about marriage. I am a muslim woman from Yemen. There are no marriage symbols in marriages here.. although ppl follow the western way of putting a ring . I don't like rings , so don't put it most of the time.πŸ˜ƒ

I noticed that Pratiksha acted like she feels for Ravi . Like when he held her during the marriage function when she was about to fall .. she felt it was Ravi. This means she is aware of him as a man . 😳

Yes. It was funny how she didn't escape when there were many times she was able to do. πŸ˜† But I don't search for logic in dramas.πŸ˜ƒ

It  is the first drama I watch Fahman in. I first saw him as a guest in BB16. I liked him instantly. Then this show started. FL is beautifull , so I thought they will look gr8. But as a character Pratiksha is very weak πŸ˜”. 

ditto watching for dram n fun as itv don't make any sense or go with logic. liking raviksha fahmaan n kritika though she is thin but look beautiful. you are right she is having feelings for him hidden somewhere in corner of her heart and yes though they try to show her strong in between she is weak and submissive from start

Lethamukund thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

I agree that they are trying to show some banters to make it lighter. I wonder who will have friendly banters with your kidnapper, who kidnaps you from your marriage venue and is openly declaring his revenge? 

Otherwise the plot is heavily toxic and abusive towards FL and she is simply standing and getting abused. She is not even saying a single dialogue to stop the abuse. What on earth is forcing her to get abused by Ravi and family? Why she should bear with all these mental and physical abuse? She was not in love with him that she is bearing it for her love, right?

If everyone believe she did crime in Keerti accident, they should let the law handle it. This type of forced marriage with no resistance from FL makes it cringe. 

Do the makers think women are so weak and submissive that she can't even resist for a single moment while a bunch of people shout and abuse her?

I agree that ITV shows are toxic. But in DP, writing and execution is highly skewed towards ML that FL does not look like FL. And they are not giving her any dialogues or monologues to her so that we can sympathise with her. 

This is making her less reactive/ expressive and we are not able to understand what does FL wants and why she wants to be with Ravi when he is declaring he is there for revenge.

Every other side character is getting more dialogues than FL. How can the makers expect us to get connected to FL, when viewers are not able to understand the character?

Kavya is being focussed more and actor is doing well with her expressions. 

Watching for fun in banters, eye locks and catch and fall will work for some time. But it won't help in long run, unless they establish the characters and audience get connected to them and the story.

PS: If you are watching/watched Ghum, that is the most toxic show on SP I would say. It is open bigamy that too by a police officer. But the makers have well established FL, Sai and she is given strong dialogues and expressions. People are hooked to watch her even if they don't enjoy the story. Same is with many other ITV shows.

So a strong FL has to be established in any ITV show for it to run longer

Marathi_Mulgi thumbnail

I agree that they are trying to show some banters to make it lighter. I wonder who will have friendly banters with your kidnapper, who kidnaps you from your marriage venue and is openly declaring his revenge? 

and who takes care of her after kidnapping for revengeπŸ˜† Instead of this ekta's old show 'karam apna apna' iqbal khan hadshown more negative strike in forced marriage and pallavi subhash looked more strong though helpless.

Otherwise the plot is heavily toxic and abusive towards FL and she is simply standing and getting abused. She is not even saying a single dialogue to stop the abuse. What on earth is forcing her to get abused by Ravi and family? Why she should bear with all these mental and physical abuse? She was not in love with him that she is bearing it for her love, right?

she adores him don't know about love may be

If everyone believe she did crime in Keerti accident, they should let the law handle it. This type of forced marriage with no resistance from FL makes it cringe. 

all are believing in law and waiting for court except ravi

Do the makers think women are so weak and submissive that she can't even resist for a single moment while a bunch of people shout and abuse her?

ITV FL are mahaan specially ekta's in ud2 FL is mahaan and stupid too.

I agree that ITV shows are toxic. But in DP, writing and execution is highly skewed towards ML that FL does not look like FL. And they are not giving her any dialogues or monologues to her so that we can sympathise with her. 

They gave some monologues but not believable much to justify her

This is making her less reactive/ expressive and we are not able to understand what does FL wants and why she wants to be with Ravi when he is declaring he is there for revenge.

FL is weak n submissive from start except little banter with ravi and ravi declaring revenge but he is not taking in right way. he could have get her torture to death like kirti's father done.

Every other side character is getting more dialogues than FL. How can the makers expect us to get connected to FL, when viewers are not able to understand the character?

yes she is least to talk they shown her emotional but didn't even shown her emotional monologues

Kavya is being focussed more and actor is doing well with her expressions. 

in ekta's show or itv shows vamp gets more screenspace, dialogues, monologues and brainπŸ˜†

Watching for fun in banters, eye locks and catch and fall will work for some time. But it won't help in long run, unless they establish the characters and audience get connected to them and the story.

they may gear up after marriage and show their emotional connection. 

PS: If you are watching/watched Ghum, that is the most toxic show on SP I would say. It is open bigamy that too by a police officer. But the makers have well established FL, Sai and she is given strong dialogues and expressions. People are hooked to watch her even if they don't enjoy the story. Same is with many other ITV shows.

So a strong FL has to be established in any ITV show for it to run longer

no i don't watch that show i started watching ud for tejo character but after ema they spoiled their good fl. heard about katha ankahi where FL is strong and show is also very good in all way.

awida thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Marathi_Mulgi

ditto watching for dram n fun as itv don't make any sense or go with logic. liking raviksha fahmaan n kritika though she is thin but look beautiful. you are right she is having feelings for him hidden somewhere in corner of her heart and yes though they try to show her strong in between she is weak and submissive from start

It is proved now , after her husband left her that Pratiksha had feelings for him , and hoped for a lifelong marriage with him.πŸ€ͺ

I can't take her seriously. And her uncle who I considered a wise man disappointed me by saying that he won't let her marriage break!😲

Lethamukund thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

All the characters including ML and FL looks hopeless. 

Ravi and his family thinks that by just dumping Pratiksha on the road will make the marriage invalid and now he can get married to Kavya. I thought there is a due process of divorce in this country. Generally in ITV world they show both signing a divorce deed and declare its over. DP is next level.

Last a few episodes, Kavya-Ravi interaction gives out a vibe that they were in love for long time and Pratiksha came in between. Did the writers forget Ravi has dismissed Kavya and declared Keerti is his only love before Keerti died? 

Kavya's parents also looks delusional. They lost one daughter and is ready to get another daughter married to this delusional man immediately

Pratiksha was ready to get married to anyone. Be it Malhar or Ravi. Now since it was Ravi who won, she has accepted him as husband. What is she crying over Ravi leaving her? She should be angry and be ready to take revenge on Ravi, right? I thought Chachu was sane, but he is also disappointing. 

Technically, Pratiksha should have filed a defamation case, a criminal case for kidnapping and forced marriage and a huge alimony for divorce from Ravi. Randhawa clan looks super rich and Ravi is the only heir. Get the handsome alimony, and get married to anyone of your choice. And don't forget to give a tight slap to Ravi in public before she leaves. Some one needs to bring him out of his delusion the hard way.

PS: I am a hard core Fahmaan Khan fan. But that does not make me endorse any character that he plays. I do criticise those acts by his characters which I feel is grossly wrong and insane

awida thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 7

All the characters including ML and FL looks hopeless. 

Ravi and his family thinks that by just dumping Pratiksha on the road will make the marriage invalid and now he can get married to Kavya. I thought there is a due process of divorce in this country. Generally in ITV world they show both signing a divorce deed and declare its over. DP is next level.

Last a few episodes, Kavya-Ravi interaction gives out a vibe that they were in love for long time and Pratiksha came in between. Did the writers forget Ravi has dismissed Kavya and declared Keerti is his only love before Keerti died? 

Kavya's parents also looks delusional. They lost one daughter and is ready to get another daughter married to this delusional man immediately

Pratiksha was ready to get married to anyone. Be it Malhar or Ravi. Now since it was Ravi who won, she has accepted him as husband. What is she crying over Ravi leaving her? She should be angry and be ready to take revenge on Ravi, right? I thought Chachu was sane, but he is also disappointing. 

Technically, Pratiksha should have filed a defamation case, a criminal case for kidnapping and forced marriage and a huge alimony for divorce from Ravi. Randhawa clan looks super rich and Ravi is the only heir. Get the handsome alimony, and get married to anyone of your choice. And don't forget to give a tight slap to Ravi in public before she leaves. Some one needs to bring him out of his delusion the hard way.

PS: I am a hard core Fahmaan Khan fan. But that does not make me endorse any character that he plays. I do criticise those acts by his characters which I feel is grossly wrong and insane

@red. This will be great.πŸ˜ƒ I want the same thing to happen in Teri Meri Darmiyaan. There the fl is strong. But the ml is like Ravi. 🀒

I usually watch Indian dramas for entertainment. I don't think much of them. But this drama made me think , who on earth behave like this? All are insane.. no character behaves like normal ppl.

Pratiksha is desperate, because she thinks that she is ill fated. Here marriages turn into tragedies. So she wants to keep her marriage with Ravi at any cost.πŸ˜†

Ravi is a spinless character.. why can't he be a man , and stop crying over his departed beloved woman? Why can't he come out of this trauma?

I am in a break now.. will watch only when the leads reunit. πŸ€”