Are They Married?

awida thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

I mean Ravi and Prariksha did the 7 pheras.. and he tied mangalsutra around her neck . But where's sindoor? I thought it is important for marriage. Sorry I am not from India.. so I wonder.๐Ÿ˜•

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail

Maybe she doesnt wear sindoor as she doesnt accept the marriage๐Ÿค”

awida thumbnail

Originally posted by: la_Reine

I thought he should put sindoor on her hairline for the marriage rituals to be done.. but after watching today's episode.. my question was answered. Coz they asked Pandit ji about the marriage , and he answered that according to Hindu customs, the marriage have happened.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I just like this couple. Ravi and Pratiksha look so good togather.

Lethamukund thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: awida

I mean Ravi and Prariksha did the 7 pheras.. and he tied mangalsutra around her neck . But where's sindoor? I thought it is important for marriage. Sorry I am not from India.. so I wonder.๐Ÿ˜•

Each ITV show has its own standards of marriage. But 90% cases, Sindoor is shown as the most important. Just throw Indoor and deal is done. Second important is phere. 

DP gave me two new lessons of Indian marriage. Phere can be taken in instalments. And SIndoor is not mandatory. 

I never thought mangalsutra is more important than sindoor, even though I don't wear both any time, even after completing a happy married life of 18 years 

awida thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lethamukund

Each ITV show has its own standards of marriage. But 90% cases, Sindoor is shown as the most important. Just throw Indoor and deal is done. Second important is phere. 

DP gave me two new lessons of Indian marriage. Phere can be taken in instalments. And SIndoor is not mandatory. 

I never thought mangalsutra is more important than sindoor, even though I don't wear both any time, even after completing a happy married life of 18 years 

So you are an Indian. And you think dramas have different ways in showing marriages. Yes. I saw Faltu and Dooriyan where in both sindoor fell on the girl's head and she was considered married. In Dooriyan the girl didn't accept it.. but in Faltu she did, but she is hiding it .

I think modern women prefer simplicity, and since marriage is done.. you think that wearing mangalsutra and sindoor for life isn't important. ๐Ÿ˜ƒBut as a part of marriage rituals it has to be done.

Still this 7 pheras taken in instalments is strange.. and I wonder why Pratiksha is so scared of breaking this forced marriage since her uncle is very supportive

Lethamukund thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

So you are an Indian. And you think dramas have different ways in showing marriages. Yes. I saw Faltu and Dooriyan where in both sindoor fell on the girl's head and she was considered married. In Dooriyan the girl didn't accept it.. but in Faltu she did, but she is hiding it .

I think modern women prefer simplicity, and since marriage is done.. you think that wearing mangalsutra and sindoor for life isn't important. ๐Ÿ˜ƒBut as a part of marriage rituals it has to be done.

Still this 7 pheras taken in instalments is strange.. and I wonder why Pratiksha is so scared of breaking this forced marriage since her uncle is very supportive

OFC I am an Indian and I live in India. The state I belong to does not have 7 phere in marriage. We have 3 and woman takes the lead. There is no Sindoor, OFC mangalsutra is there. 

I believe in the institution of marriage and family. Very much. And it should be based on love, mutual respect and trust. I don't claim myself as modern. I believe that love and care for each other in a marriage is more important than flaunting the symbols of marriage

Society has progressed very much, I don't think in today's world no marriage will happen, as shown in DP, no one can force up on a woman and tie her in an un wanted relation. Not even in remote villages. Law and order exists in this country. 

The problem with ITV is that the shows are still stuck in 1960s and 70s, where a girl's life purpose is to become someone's DP, and once she is married to any random guy, they will create some intimate moments, ITV cliches and fire chemistry is born....and fans start romanticise the toxicity. 

Basically what they show is criminal offence. Romanticise the offence and sell it to audience

@Bold: I wonder why Pratiksha did not resist and tried to run away in this whole drama. She just played along with Ravi. It sends out a feeling to the viewers that Pratiksha wanted this marriage. The whole purpose of Ravi marrying for revenge and hate-love story gets defeated with no resistance from Pratiksha

I feel while Pratiksha was ready for her marriage with Malhar, she had an inner desire to have Ravi and that makes her character questionable in an ITV show as an FL. If she was totally into Malhar, how come there was no resistance to Ravi. I don't think she could not have escaped. There was full police force around, Ravi had some FB with Keerti, he was vulnerable many moments, why she has not taken advantage of some such moment and run away. Even when Ravi-Malhar was fighting for mangal sutra, she just stood like statue. No attempt to escape

PS: I watch the show only to see Fahmaan performance. He is a fabulous actor. I just skip other parts where Fahmaan is not on screen. The story is very boring, with highly predictable tracks

Edited by Lethamukund - 1 years ago
awida thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lethamukund

OFC I am an Indian and I live in India. The state I belong to does not have 7 phere in marriage. We have 3 and woman takes the lead. There is no Sindoor, OFC mangalsutra is there. 

I believe in the institution of marriage and family. Very much. And it should be based on love, mutual respect and trust. I don't claim myself as modern. I believe that love and care for each other in a marriage is more important than flaunting the symbols of marriage

Society has progressed very much, I don't think in today's world no marriage will happen, as shown in DP, no one can force up on a woman and tie her in an un wanted relation. Not even in remote villages. Law and order exists in this country. 

The problem with ITV is that the shows are still stuck in 1960s and 70s, where a girl's life purpose is to become someone's DP, and once she is married to any random guy, they will create some intimate moments, ITV cliches and fire chemistry is born....and fans start romanticise the toxicity. 

Basically what they show is criminal offence. Romanticise the offence and sell it to audience

@Bold: I wonder why Pratiksha did not resist and tried to run away in this whole drama. She just played along with Ravi. It sends out a feeling to the viewers that Pratiksha wanted this marriage. The whole purpose of Ravi marrying for revenge and hate-love story gets defeated with no resistance from Pratiksha

I feel while Pratiksha was ready for her marriage with Malhar, she had an inner desire to have Ravi and that makes her character questionable in an ITV show as an FL. If she was totally into Malhar, how come there was no resistance to Ravi. I don't think she could not have escaped. There was full police force around, Ravi had some FB with Keerti, he was vulnerable many moments, why she has not taken advantage of some such moment and run away. Even when Ravi-Malhar was fighting for mangal sutra, she just stood like statue. No attempt to escape

PS: I watch the show only to see Fahmaan performance. He is a fabulous actor. I just skip other parts where Fahmaan is not on screen. The story is very boring, with highly predictable tracks

Thank you for telling me about marriage rituals and your view about marriage. I am a muslim woman from Yemen. There are no marriage symbols in marriages here.. although ppl follow the western way of putting a ring . I don't like rings , so don't put it most of the time.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I noticed that Pratiksha acted like she feels for Ravi . Like when he held her during the marriage function when she was about to fall .. she felt it was Ravi. This means she is aware of him as a man . ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Yes. It was funny how she didn't escape when there were many times she was able to do. ๐Ÿ˜† But I don't search for logic in dramas.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

It  is the first drama I watch Fahman in. I first saw him as a guest in BB16. I liked him instantly. Then this show started. FL is beautifull , so I thought they will look gr8. But as a character Pratiksha is very weak ๐Ÿ˜”. 

MochaQueen thumbnail

I thought he should put sindoor on her hairline for the marriage rituals to be done.. but after watching today's episode.. my question was answered. Coz they asked Pandit ji about the marriage , and he answered that according to Hindu customs, the marriage have happened.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I just like this couple. Ravi and Pratiksha look so good togather.

No explanation of sindoor?

Marathi_Mulgi thumbnail

hello awida

finally some discussion here

ITV keeps changing their marriage ritual importance. And not this then they will show both are getting married after they fall in love with full rituals. ekta's show have trends of marrying many times so they adjust in that

Marathi_Mulgi thumbnail

Originally posted by: la_Reine

she accepted marriage thats why she was ready to go with ravi at his house

and its same day its happened may be she will use it afterwards now she is still in same bridal attire