Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

Yikes and still no where

Just realized..5 years from debut Alia was gearing up for Raazi and had like 6 successes to her name already..inko tou nepotism bhi na bacha paya..

Another dud in the list is Panday..

All these had the only successful movie/movies in their debut year itself..what a shame..sara never gave success post 2018..Ananya never gave success post 2019 and janhvi's solo success to date remains Dhadak..SHAME!!

nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

ok there was 2 years of covid

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

Yikes and still no where

Just realized..5 years from debut Alia was gearing up for Raazi and had like 6 successes to her name already..inko tou nepotism bhi na bacha paya..

Another dud in the list is Panday..

All these had the only successful movie/movies in their debut year itself..what a shame..sara never gave success post 2018..Ananya never gave success post 2019 and janhvi's solo success to date remains Dhadak..SHAME!!

Alia was very lucky. Pandemic destroyed all newcomers. Even kriti and Kiara would have been so much bigger if not for the pandemic. Also she got first pick on all of KJO's scripts. 

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

Alia was very lucky. Pandemic destroyed all newcomers. Even kriti and Kiara would have been so much bigger if not for the pandemic. Also she got first pick on all of KJO's scripts. 

I have lost count on kriti's flops..Bachan Pande, Bhediya, Shehzada..sab male centric movies mein sidekick and all flops..

Kiara is doing really well..she had a BB and an average grosser last year and even before that she had only hits in KS and Good Newz,she will be fine and she has survived the pandemic rather well.

Nostalgia-02 thumbnail

Only Maroon likes them on this forum, I guess?😆 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: nonam

ok there was 2 years of covid

they still had so many releases during the pandemic 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

Krithi is the reigning best actress award winner 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Krithi is the reigning best actress award winner 

Yes but with an OTT movie where she wasn't even the best performer. Pankaj was better. Mimi was an average performance - it was much better than expected but quite literally Yami had given 3-4 performances better than that (most recently in Lost) where she is consistently the best performer in her movies. 

I would argue Vaani Kapoor had the same level of acting in CKA, except again, CKA was a very niche movie with a very difficult subject.

Also, Mimi was a sanitized remake - Mala Aai Vhhaychy was so much better. It is similar to Jhanvi Kapoor

's Mili where it was a sanitized version of the significantly better Helen. 

OFC Mimi had more value for Kriti but it is hardly a breakthrough since Kriti has no Papa KJO - post Highway, where Alia kept getting bigger and better films -  Kriti is stuck with flowerpot roles and she's in the movie for half of it.

Unfortunately I hope things turn around for Kriti because again, she has talent and I'm rooting for her, but she's been slogging for 9ish years and it still hasn't fully paid off yet. 

Besides Alia, most actresses will take longer to come to the 'top'. It will probably take about 5-8 years for an actress to become A-list at this point. Gone are the days where Alia in her early 20s got top billing. Because now the audience accepts less movies, and therefore the roles of actresses that are not established will suffer.

But now - being married and in their 30s is not hurting an actresses's momentum as much as it used to. It takes longer to go to the top but one can stay at the top longer. Same with the 2018 debuts from the nepo kids to people like Tripti. 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Kriti only got best actress because there was no competition 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Originally posted by: cougarTown

I have lost count on kriti's flops..Bachan Pande, Bhediya, Shehzada..sab male centric movies mein sidekick and all flops..

Kiara is doing really well..she had a BB and an average grosser last year and even before that she had only hits in KS and Good Newz,she will be fine and she has survived the pandemic rather well.

Kiara is gunning for Katrina's spot with the masses in terms of movie choice.  (I mean this in the nicest way possible). 

I do understand why Kriti chose to do so many male centric movies - all female centric ones last year and this year flopped unless if it was by an established actress. She has no choice. Same with Kiara. 

I didn't think Kiara impressed me with Guilty whereas I was pretty surprised with Kriti with Mimi. But again, they've only gotten 1-2 chances. It's just that much harder for new(er) actresses to make it back up.

It's the same in the South too. Nayanthara's rumored retirement (I hope not) will cause a lot of trouble.