Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Tasting

Nayan- It was so-so looking paste, tbh. His garlic sauce could've been better presented. Seemed like the taste was good. 

Kdk- Plating was average. Garlic chilli dip wasn't innovative, tbh. Concept is nice of using brinjal but it's not really that innovative.

Gurkirat- Cheese dip with garlic tadka isn't innovative in a usual sense. Emmental cheese isn't Italian but rather Swiss cheese. Looked like olive with cheese pakoda or something. 

Swarna- plating looked nice. Frankly speaking when she mentioned the kind of aata and the varhadi techa (essentially, it's laal mirch & lehsun ki chutney) she used, toh ghar ki yaad aagai and the plating was representative of that. 

Shanta- plating wasn't the best. Calamari fries look bit brownish than usual. I liked the concept of  a red bell pepper + moong daal dip in garlic oil related dip. Seemed like the taste was off and frankly speaking it did reflect from the visual stills. 

Aruna- methi debras looked so flat. Tomato and lehsun chutney isn;t innovative. 🤦‍♀️ Also, Ranveer's criticism on the shape was okay but why didn't he point out how flat they were? Also only Ranveer commented so why not Garima or Vikas? Partiality!!!

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

What the heck? Gurkirat didn't deserve that advantage! Swarna was the one showcased about leaving the identity in the party platter! Emmental cheese is a Swiss cheese and anyone can make cheese-stuffed pakodas! Wtf??

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

2nd part of challenge-

I was least interested in Kdk's Mexican dish as it just sounded too simple with layering of spinach & rice, tomato herbed layering, cheese, caramelized onion, and walnuts. Outer layer is bitter gourd. Too much going on & secondly, just bored of seeing of similar Mexican-like dishes at this stage. 

Shanta seemed more confident in modified Koldil murgi with difference in presentation, amla for vinaigrette/acidity. 

Swarna-  dish does look interesting and she is aware of what flavors the spices in her food would deliver + mango/jaggery dip for khata-meetha flavor. 👍🏼

Gurkirat- karele ki chips looked so moist and thick in shape. Iska wohi oven ka issue hota rehta h. 🤦‍♀️ Dhangse nhi banta. 

Nayan- he forgot to remove the stigma of the banana flower. 

Lol, I loved it when Vikas corrected Garima over the "even dryness" of the karela chips. 😆

I would've liked it if Aruna or Kdk was given the 5 minute break but obviously, dost toh dost ko hi save karega lol otherwise its like favorites ki mandli over here. 😂 Also, Aruna cooking with open hair, so distracting and unhygienic. I'd worried about a strand of hair in the food, eww. 

Also, Ranveer was helping out his so-called favorite "mumma" when Kdk seemed lost crisp element.  🤦‍♀️ 😂 Obviously, "mumma" seemed blank over crisp element. I guess, this is the aftermath after sitting on finalist ka singhasan and then feeling lost in kitchen lol. 😂 

Lol, I'm awaiting for Gurki ki "bezati" that he was worried about in the bg comments since his glaze was piping hot 🥵 😂 . 

Aruna's standing papdi wasn't impressive. Piping skills were horrendous and that too at this stage. 

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Lmao, Gurki looks so stressed in the precap after receiving criticism from Ranveer. 😆 Also, Aruna devi got the jackfruit toh pakka biased behavior h, folks. 😂 

Cookermaichane thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Expressionist (January 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 9

Thoughtful and innovative aruna don’t know how to make puffy puri 

Edited by Cookermaichane - 1 years ago
Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I just watched the tasting but - I can’t believe Gurkirats was the best dip - how does an Italian dish showcase Gurkirat?? I don’t remember him cooking Italian dishes on the show. And a cheese stuffed olive with a cheesy dip? That’s too much cheese!!! Like seriously????

In the second challenge - which the judges will taste tomorrow - Aruna’s dish reminded me of the Shard (in London), what sort of presentation is that? Piped chutneys is a bit much now. KDK always takes the easy route and does so again today. And this isn’t the first time Ranveer has reminded her to add a crisp element. How easy to just make a dough (with herbs) and fry it like a papri/mathri. 

Shanta and Nayan’s dishes sound good, Gurkirats plating looks interesting.

But are these challenges really finale worthy? And tomorrow they’ll make a biryani? At this stage? Every homecook worth his salt in India can make a biryani! 

PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: KabutarHoled20

2nd part of challenge-

I was least interested in Kdk's Mexican dish as it just sounded too simple with layering of spinach & rice, tomato herbed layering, cheese, caramelized onion, and walnuts. Outer layer is bitter gourd. Too much going on & secondly, just bored of seeing of similar Mexican-like dishes at this stage. 

Shanta seemed more confident in modified Koldil murgi with difference in presentation, amla for vinaigrette/acidity. 

Swarna-  dish does look interesting and she is aware of what flavors the spices in her food would deliver + mango/jaggery dip for khata-meetha flavor. 👍🏼

Gurkirat- karele ki chips looked so moist and thick in shape. Iska wohi oven ka issue hota rehta h. 🤦‍♀️ Dhangse nhi banta. 

Nayan- he forgot to remove the stigma of the banana flower. 

Lol, I loved it when Vikas corrected Garima over the "even dryness" of the karela chips. 😆

I would've liked it if Aruna or Kdk was given the 5 minute break but obviously, dost toh dost ko hi save karega lol otherwise its like favorites ki mandli over here. 😂 Also, Aruna cooking with open hair, so distracting and unhygienic. I'd worried about a strand of hair in the food, eww. 

Also, Ranveer was helping out his so-called favorite "mumma" when Kdk seemed lost crisp element.  🤦‍♀️ 😂 Obviously, "mumma" seemed blank over crisp element. I guess, this is the aftermath after sitting on finalist ka singhasan and then feeling lost in kitchen lol. 😂 

Lol, I'm awaiting for Gurki ki "bezati" that he was worried about in the bg comments since his glaze was piping hot 🥵 😂 . 

Aruna's standing papdi wasn't impressive. Piping skills were horrendous and that too at this stage. 

exactly 😆 I was thinking the same this trio is mandli of MC india

xDownInFlamesx thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Raina101

I just watched the tasting but - I can’t believe Gurkirats was the best dip - how does an Italian dish showcase Gurkirat?? I don’t remember him cooking Italian dishes on the show. And a cheese stuffed olive with a cheesy dip? That’s too much cheese!!! Like seriously????

In the second challenge - which the judges will taste tomorrow - Aruna’s dish reminded me of the Shard (in London), what sort of presentation is that? Piped chutneys is a bit much now. KDK always takes the easy route and does so again today. And this isn’t the first time Ranveer has reminded her to add a crisp element. How easy to just make a dough (with herbs) and fry it like a papri/mathri. 

Shanta and Nayan’s dishes sound good, Gurkirats plating looks interesting.

But are these challenges really finale worthy? And tomorrow they’ll make a biryani? At this stage? Every homecook worth his salt in India can make a biryani! 

Maximum tasks of this year are just related to make an Indian dish if your wish in short. They should've reused the idea of chocolate balloon only if they didn't have many interesting tasks for the contestants. The dishes don't look interesting as well. They look like simple pakodas with all those high figh names 

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sxursaep

Maximum tasks of this year are just related to make an Indian dish if your wish in short. They should've reused the idea of chocolate balloon only if they didn't have many interesting tasks for the contestants. The dishes don't look interesting as well. They look like simple pakodas with all those high figh names 

Exactly! Just giving fancy names doesn’t make it a different dish.

There are so many challenges - replicate a chefs dish (already done, but always tricky), taste a dish and replicate it (no recipe given), cook using a new technique (cook in bamboos, cook using cowdung, etc), give them half a recipe for some lost traditional Indian dish, let them guess the other half.

They can contact audience for options (on insta, twitter, etc). 

Minionite thumbnail

None of the party platters impressed me much to be frank. I feel like only Suvarna and Gurki had something that looked mildly appetizing. Aruna just made puri. Santa - the thought was there, but not the presentation. Nayan - I didn't get that comment by RB that the popped chicken was just like munching on popcorn. Have you ever eaten popcorn? It never has the popping crispiness unless you are eating something like caramel popcorn. KDK - forgettable. At the end of that task I didn't care who got the advantage.

The 6 flavours wala challenge is interesting. From the contestants:

• KDK's dish is boring. I can make a Mexican lasagne that is 100 times better than hers and I won't forget the crisp element. She literally just took what RB said and made that. Arre he gave the papad as an example! Make something that matches your theme!
  • Gurki should go. I really like him and find him cute, but at this stage you cannot mess up on simple things like the glaze!
  • Aruna is making another chaat. Yaar yeh aurat mujhe day 1 se pasand nahi thi aur yeh end tak aagayi??
  • Santa - from all the dishes, hers sounded quite interesting. Another Assamese dish that she is changing up.
  • Nayan - they spent the least amount of time on him today it felt. But overall his dish also sounds quite interesting.
  • Suvarna - I like that she is playing to her strengths. But she needs to stop calling every dish a "lost Maharashtrian recipe". It isn't lost if you're making it!