Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Did YRF try to gaslight everyone on Netflix ? - Page 5

rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

The Documentary was very objective with included interviews. A sort of 'brief-out' or summarized timeline commentary into the Indian cinema market post-independence till present. Yash's initial pairing with his older brother under the BR banner. 

Then Yash-ji gets married, and goes Independent with a series of successes and subsequent flops. YRF then resets a few times to start producing movies that 'meets the hearts' of India cinema goers ... hence  (The Romantics) 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tomnjerry2 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8

This content was originally posted by: pathaka

Yeh it was very self congratulatory

Bunty aur babli made rural India cool

Befikre was a failure coz “India was not ready for a light romcom” whatever that means 

Dhoom (the first one) inspired the youth 

Uday chopra was a brilliant actor who just was not a star….

Thoda zyada ho gaya….too much patting urself on the back and giving urself praise…

Patting yourself on the back probably the best way to keep yourself going. 

On topic - I enjoyed the story so I haven't put any thoughts behind The Romantics existence. I won't watch it again.

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

they owned their success and owned their achievements.. i found nothing wrong.. but again aaj ke log ko critic karna bohat pasand hai. i actually have a new appreciation for yash raj adi and yrf after watching the documentary. 

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: SrikantTiwari

The third episode made me nostalgic and realise how the standard of movies and actors have fallen today. But the documentary also made me realise why BW keeps failing....they keep patting themselves on the back for the most mediocre of the successes. Thank God for SRK & Pathaan, it really came as a saviour for BW and yrf

gosh we need a part 2 just so i can see how pathaans success took them on a new wave all over 

rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5

What one loves to do while running a business sometimes don't gel. 

It's how to summarize the YRF production house history and it's special narrative. 

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Aamir khan was todo darr but backed out as he did not want to play the villian or antihero  he tends to have ego too  I guess his loss n their were  clashes with sunny. I remember how people with the name kiran were teased lol tu hai Meri kiran kkk lol 😂 

wat_up thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: rckRadhe

What one loves to do while running a business sometimes don't gel. 

It's how to summarize the YRF production house history and it's special narrative. 

I’m glad Salman decided to work with them as I enjoy the Tiger series !! 

wat_up thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Bunty Babli made small town india cool ?

I could’ve sworn that was Bhai with Dabangg. Quite frankly before that everyone thought shooting desi films in USA/UK was all the rage

Bunty Babli 🤔 

Any other anomalies in the series ? 

I agree with you dabanng brought back that old village was 😎 

trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7

Bunty - Babli part is true. There used to be full page articles (both in English entertainment add-ons as well as the vernacular pieces) about its songs, how Gulzar was mixing 'cool' words with rustic phrases, the sprinkling of English words representing how the youth spoke, how it was putting the spotlight on the new, ambitious, young lot from the hindi-belt small towns etc etc. 

Rani's collared kurtis were the new trend in most of North India. 

And I don't remember small-town setting wali movies being the norm in those years. It was mostly NRI settings (Salaam Namaste, Hum-Tum) or the usual urban ones. 

wat_up thumbnail

EK THA TIGER- brought Yash raj productions back they were having a rough patch.