Priyanka Chopra's move to Hollywood was it really worth out

Posted: 1 years ago

Today's Priyanka Chopra's trailer came out for her new Hollywood movie - Love Again. The trailer was underwhelming to say the least. The movie looks dated and the production value seems cheap.

Its been almost ten years she has been working in the Hollywood and the work she has done has been mediocre to say the least. And it seems this new movie Love Again seems to be going in the same direction.

It makes me wonder what amazing movies and performances she could have done in India with all the time she has spent gruelling it in the States. Her last major Hindi movie was in 2015 with  Bajirao Mastani. Around this time she was at the top of the game coming recently off movies like Bafri.

Of course, it may have been worth it for her personal life as she met her husband there and yes of course she is know famous in the States.

But, I have no doubt that she would have done much better quality work as an actor if she had stayed in India. Hollywood is still pretty much an Industry which is primarily set up for white actors.

I am not a fan of Priyanka offscreen due to her performative activism but she is a very talented actress. and it is kinda of sad seeing her talent going to waste as she seeks white validation.

But who knows maybe her future Hollywood projects will do justice to her talent?

Edited by gia1602 - 1 years ago

I don't think it's been worth it. She hasn't been in anything that is eye catching and the game in Hollywood is much different than Bollywood. 

May be from India , it looks like she hasn't achieved anything. But here in US she is very well knows celeb now, movies are not the only way to know people success in Hollywood . If that was the case then kardashians wouldn't have become the billionaires.
Priyanka is literally trying her hands at everything from singing to acting to opening up business, and clearly making money doing it. Otherwise her net worth wouldn't have been close to $70millioms. 

Here in India, unless she married some big actor/producer , her career wouldn't have gone anywhere. She probably didn't want to be trophy wife like Anushka , Sonam. 

She has always been independent, so it totally makes for her to venture out in Hollywood.

Well, she's know in the US but not really as an actor but just someone married to another celeb. She's very rich now too.  Maybe that's all that matters to her 

I liked her in quantico and her songs

I like how she represents Indians globally 

I cannot tell about her latest films just from the trailer

Well she was superb in the trailer of her new HW movie..finally PC the actor shines..

What could have happened in BW? she knew her time was coming to an end..what even happened with the likes of anushka etc..BW is still unkind to 40 plus sized actresses..With her fluctuating weight and being in 40s..i doubt things would have been any different..she is still working in BW at her own pace..Jee le zaara for that matter..so it seems to have gone extremely well for her. 

I dont think she made a mistake at all.

i don’t think many people realize how hard it is to set up yourself in US. this is one thing kareena got right a lot time ago, when she was asked why she stuck to BW, the truth is you have to start from bottom all over again.

The system is so different- here in India it’s a very a star system- you can get mileage y tagging yourself to a big name star, like heroines used to, but in HW, it’s all about the studios. You can’t just work with Chris-es or some known actor and become a star… 

PC had to start from ground zero and though it’s the age of diversity, it takes years to make a name for yourself in HW, and that is with major studios backing you and pushing you, and you still don’t have the star like autonomy like she would have in BW.

I mean look how long it has taken current celebs jn her age bracket to achieve that level of fame. considering all the barriers to entry and the steep climb up, PC has done well for herself. I don’t think she can be ever be a legit Hw star like a Jen or even a drew Barrymore or kerry Washington to just name a few names, but I do think she’ll do well for herself, and very least make $$$

I think she is really content now. Doing the occasional film or show, along with all her businesses seems like what she wants.

She's worked since the age of 17, so now she can earn from her brand and grow in different ways.

Seems fair.

She likes money and also charging 6 dollars per gol gappa, what more can you ask from life? 

Edited by Purple5 - 1 years ago