Performance Discussion 11 & 12 February, 2023 - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Shreya Special

Wow & wow… what an episode. 🤗

The girls rocked.  All got MBDs - well deserved.  Loved Senjuthi, Debo & Sona.  Debo was awesome considering how she caught the mood for 2 totally different songs.

Senjuthi’s composition was lovely.  Hope to hear it again in the full recorded version in Shreya’s voice. 👍

Shivam as usual consistent & sur ka pakka. 👍

Rishi was good, but we need to see a different Rishi now.  He is so stuck in his genre. At this stage all are more or less on par ,except Chirag & Navdeep, hence versatality counts. 

Enjoyed Chirag’s performance too.  The song was apt for his voice & he did a good job.

So, Navdeep gets to sing his own thing as a scripted request. The same tone, same variations, he might as well be repeating his earlier songs, no one would know.  🙄
Asides…

* Shreya & her dulcet tone has made me tipsy. Jaadu Bhi aur nasha bhi ( Btws, I thought Debo or senjuthi will sing that!) The minute she starts, with or without another singer, with or without music, you are gone.  Yeh Dil maange more… gonna listen to some shreya numbers now. 

Can’t wait for her ‘ lag jaa gale ‘ tomorrow 💕.

How I wish she had come last year & sung this with Aru! 

srtor thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Loved this episode.

Finally my favorite singer Shreya is back. What a wonderful singer.

For me two top performers, were Soankshi and Debo,

Rest of them are good except Navdeep.  

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

This is already my most fave episode of the season! I skipped a few episodes in between, the last one I saw was the Madhuri one which was my fave one this far. This surpassed it. How I wish Shreya was judging full time. I absolutely loved her when she came on IIJ with Vishal and Shekhar!

Chirag - was meh the song was good but he was just  bland as usual. 

Sonakshi - I wish she had sung another song, one of Shreya’s softer ones or Mere Dholna but she did a great job with Jalla Walla

Senjuti - my fave performer but ughh how I wish she had sung Saibo because I do wanted her to sing that or Ishq Hua! She was phenomenal in Thode Badmash and Saans but I just don’t like Saans it’s one of my least liked Shreya/ARR songs. That original song she composed was SO beautiful! I hope she releases it on Spotify or YouTube❤️

Bidipta - she sang well with Bairi Piya. Anyways I hope that Shreya releases a version of her singing that song now with her voice more mature and all. 

Shivam - Samjhawan is one of my absolute favorite songs so I’m biased, he did great👍🏼

Rishi - sang one of my faves! He did great. Loved her Sun Raha Hai Tu, the concert I went to she sang that song as her entry and oh my god what a way to start her show 

Debo - not really a big Debo fan but she did great with her songs too! Thought she did great with Chikni Chameli seeing how that’s not her forte

Navdeep honestly couldn’t tell you what he sang because I skipped it 🤣

Honestly I’m glad that they kept Shreya as the judge again for Lataji special! It’s just fitting and her singing Lag Ja Gale it’s absolutely stunning! Those who haven’t heard her sing this song live are missing out! How how i wish that the one remake they ever make of this song, Shreya sings it( I know a remake was made with Jonita whom I love also but Shreya’s passion for the song is on another level)

I really wish Shreya and Lataji had sang a duet or something together 

Edited by Tani91 - 1 years ago
anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tani91

This is already my most fave episode of the season! I skipped a few episodes in between, the last one I saw was the Madhuri one which was my fave one this far. This surpassed it. How I wish Shreya was judging full time. I absolutely loved her when she came on IIJ with Vishal and Shekhar!

Chirag - was meh the song was good but he was just  bland as usual. 

Sonakshi - I wish she had sung another song, one of Shreya’s softer ones or Mere Dholna but she did a great job with Jalla Walla

Senjuti - my fave performer but ughh how I wish she had sung Saibo because I do wanted her to sing that or Ishq Hua! She was phenomenal in Thode Badmash and Saans but I just don’t like Saans it’s one of my least liked Shreya/ARR songs. That original song she composed was SO beautiful! I hope she releases it on Spotify or YouTube❤️

Bidipta - she sang well with Bairi Piya. Anyways I hope that Shreya releases a version of her singing that song now with her voice more mature and all. 

Shivam - Samjhawan is one of my absolute favorite songs so I’m biased, he did great👍🏼

Rishi - sang one of my faves! He did great. Loved her Sun Raha Hai Tu, the concert I went to she sang that song as her entry and oh my god what a way to start her show 

Debo - not really a big Debo fan but she did great with her songs too! Thought she did great with Chikni Chameli seeing how that’s not her forte

Navdeep honestly couldn’t tell you what he sang because I skipped it 🤣

Honestly I’m glad that they kept Shreya as the judge again for Lataji special! It’s just fitting and her singing Lag Ja Gale it’s absolutely stunning! Those who haven’t heard her sing this song live are missing out! How how i wish that the one remake they ever make of this song, Shreya sings it( I know a remake was made with Jonita whom I love also but Shreya’s passion for the song is on another level)

I really wish Shreya and Lataji had sang a duet or something together 

Agree totally about the songs.  Saans is also my least favourite Shreya number.  

Even I wished that Sonakshi was given something more melodious - Mere Dholna or  even Teri ore .

Senjuthi had performed Thode badmash earlier, right? It was superb. 
 Actually, they should’ve wound up with a medley tribute.  At least the girls should’ve sung ‘ Dola re, Pinga, & Iman ka asar’ - awesome  female duets of Shreya’s. 

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Originally posted by: PV_IFhandle

There are no words to describe Shreya Ghoshal.  We have all heard her songs, seen her interviews, gone to her concerts... And yet she just doesn't fail to amaze!

Purely to listen to her sing, this has been the best episode in many years!  What a loss to BW that they underutilize her!

Coming to the contestants...

I really liked Sonakshi's voice today - she went a little lower than het usual.  Senjuti was also very good - and what a dream come true moment for her, to get SG to sing her song!

Deboshmita was probably the performer of the day.  Both songs so different and yet done so well.

The others were okay, I guess.

But this was all about Shreya Ghoshal.  No wonder they have kept this in "no elimination".  

Reg bold :- I still can’t figure out this.  When shreya is still active, how could a singer like Neha emerge as the topmost in BW? Is it a fact that she is the highest paid female singer now, as claimed? 🙄. 

I think Shreya took a  break recently & maybe wanted to spend more time with the baby.  Could that be the reason for Neha’s rise? Or is it a case of changes in demand affecting the market? 😁. I won’t even define Neha’s numbers or her renditions as music. But looks like I may be a minority. Whenever Adi  introduced neha as ‘suron ki mallika’, I could just about stop myself from banging my head on the wall. 🙄😩

Zanny19 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Only watched for Shreya Ghoshal. Been a fan of her since Devdas days. Then she sang Jaadu Hai Nasha and I was in awe of her versatility. ❤️ Even after all these years nobody is as perfect as her. There are a lot of female singers in “melodious zone” but they all lack the wow factor that Shreya mam has. Truly a superstar for a reason! 

Coming to the performances I skipped some. Overall I feel the girls this season are definitely better than the boys. Esp Senjuti and Deboshmita they have the most playback ready voices. I like Chirag too he has a very unique tonal quality but needs to sing with more energy. 

PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: anoushka_113

Reg bold :- I still can’t figure out this.  When shreya is still active, how could a singer like Neha emerge as the topmost in BW? Is it a fact that she is the highest paid female singer now, as claimed? 🙄. 

I think Shreya took a  break recently & maybe wanted to spend more time with the baby.  Could that be the reason for Neha’s rise? Or is it a case of changes in demand affecting the market? 😁. I won’t even define Neha’s numbers or her renditions as music. But looks like I may be a minority. Whenever Adi  introduced neha as ‘suron ki mallika’, I could just about stop myself from banging my head on the wall. 🙄😩

Some years back, Sonu Nigam, Shaan and Shreya Ghoshal were the ones who raised their voices against the way BW contracts operate.  As it stands, the rights remain with the producer and not the singer.  So every time they sing their own songs in concerts they have to pay royalty to the producers.  In reality it should be the other way round - the singer should be getting royalty every time their song is played on radio or TV or streaming service.  

That time onwards their downfall in BW started.  Arijit Singh was the new kid on the block at the time and so he was favoured over these stalwarts .  in 2015 you could only hear Arjit everywhere.

So one can argue that correlation does not indicate causality, but that would be naive considering what we know about BW.

Digitallove thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

It was a nice episode. Shouldn't have cut Banarasiya, glad they did agar tum miljao, wada raha some of my favs. A little bit 2010's centric. Senjuti is so lucky and what a nice composition. Shreya cute and sweet as ever.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

If u felt yday's episode was the best wait till u watch today's.

Shreya was phenomenal. 

Sonakshi sounded so much like her in the first song. Rishi was the surprise package today..Chirag was also good. His voice is a natural fit for LP songs 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Had missed Shivam's performance..too good