Came for vijayendra, will stay for sahiba (probably)

ukyeongforever thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Hello. I am a mostly inactive member of IF. I remember loving vijayendrame kumeria's portrayal of madhav in ishq sufiyana. Because I watched the og version of teri meri doriyaan on and off, I sort of figured this character will also maybe emulate the same energy. So thought of checking it out. But damn, I really enjoyed watching sahiba. I maybe in minority of og viewers but i liked sahiba more than her og counterpart. I mean no doubt, the leads chemistry in og is on fire. But i can't explain, something felt missing. Sahiba gives me that. I love that she is sooo rude (πŸ™ˆ). I love the use of 'tum' between leads (weird, I know) . I mean I know she is going to get bahufied, but i hope the bahufication is less than the og version please. Also I would really love to see less hand grabbing. That was such a turn off in the og for me.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dear.Zindagi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Love Sahiba’s character too β€οΈ

I hope her rudeness also extends to her mom and older sister in the future. 

Well from what Ayu_12 said about the storyline of the og, I think she will keep up her attitude. She needs to if she wants to survive in that family πŸ€£

ukyeongforever thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dear.Zindagi

Well from what Ayu_12 said about the storyline of the og, I think she will keep up her attitude. She needs to if she wants to survive in that family πŸ€£

She does, but not as much as I would have liked to. More often than not she gives in to family's demands and tbh took her role as bahu too seriously when her hubby and saas didn't even accept her. Also she never says anything to her mom, I think (not sure, I was not a continous viewer), she gives here and there to her sister but barely. Sahiba seems more outspoken than her og counterpart to me, even in her fights with angad. And in the og version, FL gave in too quickly to the relationship when ML started showing a lil bit attention and care to her, after all the horrible things he said to her, again according to me. I want a slow romance, with wooing, realization of love. I will wait to see what happens here. I am loving the actors' performances.

Ayu_12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Dont worry she will keep that attitude till Mr ATM become joru ka gulam. In og we have got many admirer of Sahiba, whom ML hates and he beat the heck out of them who insults his wife, but yes his own wife insults him which he liked it. πŸ€£

Ayu_12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ilovedamon

She does, but not as much as I would have liked to. More often than not she gives in to family's demands and tbh took her role as bahu too seriously when her hubby and saas didn't even accept her. Also she never says anything to her mom, I think (not sure, I was not a continous viewer), she gives here and there to her sister but barely. Sahiba seems more outspoken than her og counterpart to me, even in her fights with angad. And in the og version, FL gave in too quickly to the relationship when ML started showing a lil bit attention and care to her, after all the horrible things he said to her, again according to me. I want a slow romance, with wooing, realization of love. I will wait to see what happens here. I am loving the actors' performances.

I agreed og version sahiba was not that outspoken and not much bold. Also, i don't like the ML the way he screams ... Here Angad gussa looks hot πŸ”₯ but in og it was extreme. Plus in Og She wasn't that bahufied btw, she was like the eldest daughter in law so every blames used to come at her because of responsibility. 

Here what i like that Sahiba once she will become Mrs Brar and eldest DIL, Angad ke romantic din chalu ho na ho, par biwi ke taane khub sunne wala hai πŸ€£.. the way she gives savage replies and shut his mouth. I don't think he will ever say anything against. 

Dear.Zindagi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Since Sahiba did not hold back from talking back to the elders of the Brar family, I don’t think she will give in or melt as easily as the og πŸ˜Š 

Sahiba comes of as even more stubborn than Angad to me. I think even after confessing his love, poor Angad will have to wait atleast 6 more months before Sahiba even considers him forgiving him πŸ˜†

Edited by Dear.Zindagi - 1 years ago
Ayu_12 thumbnail

Since Sahiba did not hold back from talking back to the elders of the Brar family, I don’t think she will give in or melt as easily as the og πŸ˜Š 

Sahiba comes of as even more stubborn than Angad to me. I think even after confessing his love, poor Angad will have to wait atleast 6 more months before Sahiba even considers him forgiving him πŸ˜†

See the USP of this lead is this, the FL is actually stubborn and she here didn't give a damn to elders when she came for the first time. She even insulted Angad πŸ€£... She is someone who will make sure Angad behave like common people with her. She is the fire which will evokes emotions in Angad Life. 

ukyeongforever thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ayu_12

I agreed og version sahiba was not that outspoken and not much bold. Also, i don't like the ML the way he screams ... Here Angad gussa looks hot πŸ”₯ but in og it was extreme. Plus in Og She wasn't that bahufied btw, she was like the eldest daughter in law so every blames used to come at her because of responsibility. 

Here what i like that Sahiba once she will become Mrs Brar and eldest DIL, Angad ke romantic din chalu ho na ho, par biwi ke taane khub sunne wala hai πŸ€£.. the way she gives savage replies and shut his mouth. I don't think he will ever say anything against. 

You are right. The og ML was too much and got on my nerve, especially just post marriage with all that hand grabbing.

I guess that's bahufication for me... Also the falling in love was not that organic to me... It felt like ML's feelings emerged from a sense of possession. I would like to see angad's respect for sahiba as an artist here, which was a bit lacking in og acc to me. And more veerat sahiba bond.

I love that they have angad's father here. That's a huge blank space in og.

Sahiba will not say anything to her mom here too, right? 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 That was major ick in og like bestie your mom is using you, open your eyes bestie. And then the mom sort of got white washed πŸ₯²

ukyeongforever thumbnail

Fingers crossed. I really want slow burn. As much slow burn itv can afford. And please let the falling in love to be organic.

Ayu_12 thumbnail

You are right. The og ML was too much and got on my nerve, especially just post marriage with all that hand grabbing.

I guess that's bahufication for me... Also the falling in love was not that organic to me... It felt like ML's feelings emerged from a sense of possession. I would like to see angad's respect for sahiba as an artist here, which was a bit lacking in og acc to me. And more veerat sahiba bond.

I love that they have angad's father here. That's a huge blank space in og.

Sahiba will not say anything to her mom here too, right? 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 That was major ick in og like bestie your mom is using you, open your eyes bestie. And then the mom sort of got white washed πŸ₯²

Exactly. I was wondering why the hell he is screaming like this when the character has got asthma πŸ€£.. plus i don't like the pair there was a chemistry but not that firing which we are witnessing. 

Actually, as per logical way her sister ran away and she was asked to marry someone she doesn't wanted. Plus the ML mom asked her to cut all ties from her family which she refused. And the reason she didn't answer back her mother in law because she accepted her fate that she has to listen such harsh words which she doesn't deserve because of sister acts. I think such marriage are not acceptable so immediately in real life. I have seen this thing in real life the sister who has to marry someone because sister ran away, they have to bear the consequences of their act.  

Also, in og I don't understand the profession of the ML family. I thought they were into clothes industry untill i see Jewellery. Plus, In og the storyline was pretty average, the ML harshness and FL became so sub...