Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

shalzie -- I did notice the chair in katha's office. I wasn't sure whether I liked it or hated it. πŸ˜‚

Khushidum thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Absolutely agree…after getting so involved in Arylie I’m not taking any chances.🀣

However everyone is so good that it is hard not to become involved in the story and it’s characters.

Lethamukund thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Shalzie, Of course, Aryan set the bar high and I am sure Viaan will give it another dimension. He is a complex and layered character. And there is a great scope for changing him to 180 degree, exactly a true character progression. We will get to see different acting shades of Adnan

I would like to see changing graph in Katha's character. As of now she appears to me as proud, self reliant, strong and practical. She knows how to prioritise, how to manage her time, and she is resilient and positive. we have not yet witnessed different attributes of her character, other than Katha as a mother and architect. 

It will be interesting to see how Katha and Viaan comes together, and Katha adjusts to Viaan and vice versa. For Viaan it will be first time(marriage), so it may be easier for him, but Katha has to shed all her expectations and experiences from her earlier life with Adi because Viaan is opposite of Adi

Viaan is the second male character who caught me hooked after Aryan. I love this character. Its very rare to see men who accepts their mistakes, ready to change themselves and even ready to face consequences

Hope Mili is doing well. Miss her points very much

Shalzie thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

shalzie -- I did notice the chair in katha's office. I wasn't sure whether I liked it or hated it. πŸ˜‚

I liked it! In fact, I loved the office! There was light in it, and it suited Katha.

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Beautiful analysis of the episode β€οΈ

Loved Viaan’s long speech to Katha πŸ‘

He accepted his mistake and was ready to face consequences.. πŸ‘πŸΌ 

Nabni_blr31 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6

Nice review. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Letha , u hv covered everything. I hv nothing to add.

I just wanna say last night's episode was one of the finest episode of Katha Ankahee. Makers highlighting the work place harassment was the best part for me. 

What can i say about Viaan. πŸ˜ƒ Adnan's acting making me fall in love with this guy.πŸ˜†

Nabni_blr31 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6

Lovely analysis.πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘

You guys are amazing writers. The way u understand and then analyze each character is amazing. 

masked thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lethamukund

Thanks Mimi for the tag. and the lovely review

Star of this episode is Viaan Raghuvanshi, the motivational speaker. I am a fan, AC, fridge..... Loved him in this episode

Katha is not leaving because of EarthCon and project, not because she got a workaholic boss, not because of impossible deadlines... just because of physical, mental and emotional exploitation by her boss. And she has every right to quit. By quitting she is doing a favour to him, by letting him go easily away with all the emotional exploitation he did to her. I am disappointed with Katha today, for me quitters are losers. 

Viaan was perfect today. He gave the best advice to her today, even him admitting that he is the reason for her to quit, he did a mistake and will not repeat it, he admitted what he did was workplace harassment, that she can complaint against him and he will not interfere, he is ready to face consequences.... and how he turned around a sarcastically smiling Katha to a teary emotional Katha by the end of his 5 page bhashan. 

Special appreciation to Adnan and his acting. his body language, eye movements, his small smile on the face after she came back, smile while he looked through glass... he was nervous, (like a naughty kid in front of his mom after he is caught red handed), his getting up the moment she came in, him sitting down and again getting up when she did not sit.... small nuances and expressions, I loved.

For the first time in ITV history we have a ML who accepts his mistakes, feels sorry for it and is ready to change and earn forgiveness through actions. Its difficult to find such men even in real life

Katha stayed back for employees of company and for the sake of project. I agree that her dialogue for, wapis aayi hoon aapkeliye narrate ke sath... was bit hard, but I find her reason to quit is not ONS offer he made with her. She is more angry for his behaviour after ONS... stalking upto home, especially second ONS offer. That made her think that he is trying to buy her and take advantage of her. 

I don't think Katha staying back makes her mahaan. She is back on her own terms... and she is back only after she heard about an employee talking about his sick daughter. Katha can definitely relate to that parent. If her coming back can help that parent, why she should not be back? I take it as an act of a person with compassion and empathy.

Ehsan looks like a teenager....and I don't know why his office colleagues don't find it creepy, even Viaan is not thinking it as odd

Today one thing is clear, Viaan is not physically or emotionally attached to Katha. he wants to set things right, wants to rectify his mistake, does not want Katha to leave her career just because of his blunder. Love is yet to start from his side

Viaan is happy that Ehsan is happy, so he is not jealous as of now 

@Shalzie: today Viaan himself told the answer we were waiting. He was only thinking of himself. He made an offer to test her, and he went ahead to test her, if she fits into his preconceived ideas

Precap shows a Viaan, changed from judgemental man about women to a man empowering woman. He wants to make EarthCon a better place for women to work. And his efforts earned a small smile on Katha's face. Good going

PS: We will get to see a different Viaan hereafter. I would like to see a changed Katha as well.

"For the first time in ITV history we have a ML who accepts his mistakes, feels sorry for it and is ready to change and earn forgiveness through actions. Its difficult to find such men even in real life."

I agree with your POV however I have a different take with regards to the above statement posted by you.Its not that Viaan is the first ML who has changed his perspective after getting to know about Katha's real situation.

Khushi's entry changed ASR's outlook whereas Anika's entry changed Shivaay's perspective about the value of both money and real happiness in his life.Yes they did not have ONS with their mates but both of them shared a painful past somewhat like Viaan.

And I can provide the names of some other ML's also who changed with the entry of women into their lives.

Yes Viaan has changed for the better and its good that perhaps he has instituted policies favored towards the employees irrespective of Gender specially towards women which perhaps has shocked Ehsaan whereas Katha decided to continue her job at Earth-Con after that persuasion talk from Viaan.

Yes Viaan is perhaps the future mate for Katha but my point is whatever views Viaan might have had towards women what right did he have to make such an outrageous monetary offer in the first place?

Viaan as his character describes is perhaps a Bigshot Magnate within the Real Estate Industry with the Go-Getter Attitude  who's able to swing deals in his favour a perfectionist a through professional just like other Business Tycoons yet he lets his emotions cloud his judgment when it came to Katha's demand for 1 crore.

Why didn't Viaan handle the matter professionally? If he had refused Katha's demand bcoz she was just a probationary employee then why did he put a personal guarantee of 1 crore in exchange for a ONS with Katha?

Viaan's change has started no doubt but I don't think his views have changed regarding the womenfolk completely.Katha has proven to be the exception of being a Gold-Digger.

Katha accepted Viaan's offer at that time bcoz perhaps she did not have the required time for the arrangement of such a huge amount and let's face the facts the amount was not in lakhs but Crores and Cancer Treatments are always gonna be expensive till the Scientific Community finds an effective cure for the same.

This might look like a Consensual Business Deal between the 2 parties but it looks more like a Loyalty Test from Viaan's POV.Has he really been able to move on from his past memories?

Also how will Viaan deal with Ehsaan's growing closeness for Katha? And Ehsaan i believe is gonna ask probing questions to his Business Partner Viaan or to Katha perhaps? Will Viaan and Katha be able to hide such an inconvenient truth from Ehsaan or even from the rest of their close near and dear ones?

Also perhaps Katha would not want to deal with Viaan so much considering their previous experience.So even if Viaan falls for her how will he convince her that he's the one for her inspite of their ONS?

Edited by masked - 1 years ago
Lethamukund thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: masked

"For the first time in ITV history we have a ML who accepts his mistakes, feels sorry for it and is ready to change and earn forgiveness through actions. Its difficult to find such men even in real life."

I agree with your POV however I have a different take with regards to the above statement posted by you.Its not that Viaan is the first ML who has changed his perspective after getting to know about Katha's real situation.

Khushi's entry changed ASR's outlook whereas Anika's entry changed Shivaay's perspective about the value of both money and real happiness in his life.Yes they did not have ONS with their mates but both of them shared a painful past somewhat like Viaan.

And I can provide the names of some other ML's also who changed with the entry of women into their lives.

Yes Viaan has changed for the better and its good that perhaps he has instituted policies favored towards the employees irrespective of Gender specially towards women which perhaps has shocked Ehsaan whereas Katha decided to continue her job at Earth-Con after that persuasion talk from Viaan.

Yes Viaan is perhaps the future mate for Katha but my point is whatever views Viaan might have had towards women what right did he have to make such an outrageous monetary offer in the first place?

Viaan as his character describes is perhaps a Bigshot Magnate within the Real Estate Industry with the Go-Getter Attitude  who's able to swing deals in his favour a perfectionist a through professional just like other Business Tycoons yet he lets his emotions cloud his judgment when it came to Katha's demand for 1 crore.

Why didn't Viaan handle the matter professionally? If he had refused Katha's demand bcoz she was just a probationary employee then why did he put a personal guarantee of 1 crore in exchange for a ONS with Katha?

Viaan's change has started no doubt but I don't think his views have changed regarding the womenfolk completely.Katha has proven to be the exception of being a Gold-Digger.

Katha accepted Viaan's offer at that time bcoz perhaps she did not have the required time for the arrangement of such a huge amount and let's face the facts the amount was not in lakhs but Crores and Cancer Treatments are always gonna be expensive till the Scientific Community finds an effective cure for the same.

This might look like a Consensual Business Deal between the 2 parties but it looks more like a Loyalty Test from Viaan's POV.Has he really been able to move on from his past memories?

Also how will Viaan deal with Ehsaan's growing closeness for Katha? And Ehsaan i believe is gonna ask probing questions to his Business Partner Viaan or to Katha perhaps? Will Viaan and Katha be able to hide such an inconvenient truth from Ehsaan or even from the rest of their close near and dear ones?

Also perhaps Katha would not want to deal with Viaan so much considering their previous experience.So even if Viaan falls for her how will he convince her that he's the one for her inspite of their ONS?

I agree that there were many MLs who changed their POV and perspectives after they met FLs. Arnav, Shivay, Shaurya, Aryan and many more. I call it CHARACTER PROGRESSION, not Character redemption.

Arnav had a character progression, and was one woman man in the real sense. Shaurya had a 180 degree character change after he met Anokhi, and was again one woman man. But both of their mistakes were never redeemed or addressed, rather romance pushed their mistakes under the rug and they came out as better characters. I will say that this type of character progression is acceptable in shows only.

In real life, I would never be able to accept a man who throws indoor on me/forcefully marry me and declare himself as my husband. Let there be sizzling chemistry between us, and let there be infinite positive changes in the man; basically that man has taken away my freedom to choose my life partner and he can never be accepted. But we romanticise such relations in ITV

The general pattern with ITV shows is that: we have a judgemental/angry/revengeful/rich/prejudiced/proud ML, who at some created situation forces FL to get married to them (deal/forced/fake/ etc. etc.) and eventually they have a few physical close moments (be it dupatta, fall and catch, FL fainting and ML carrying her in arms etc.etc.), some eye locks and slowly it makes both of them fall in love with each other. We audience call it Chemistry, and we get carried away by the chemistry that we eventually forget that ML forced FL to get married, physically hurt her (holding too tight, pinning onto walls etc.etc.), emotionally exploited her, mentally abused her and since they were bound by eternal love and had firing chemistry, we end up shipping them. 

Then comes separation and leap. A stupid illogical reason (like FL caused miscarriage, death of a family member etc.etc.) will trigger ML to throw his wife out of the house even in midnight, even on the day she had a miscarriage. And the same ML will act victim like he can't live without her. When FL meets him later with child (remember that she managed whole pregnancy and child birth with no support), she will be blamed again. They will repeat the role of chemistry here and we audience are carried away again. How can you forget that the man asked his wife to leave the house at the most vulnerable state in her life? how can he be accepted ever back?

Basically ITV is romanticising abusive relations, and in reality such behaviour is un acceptable.

Kindly let me know which ITV character has apologised for their mistakes, and not just changed their perspective by just falling in love. I have not come across, I might be less experienced as a viewer

That is where Viaan is different, He has accepted that what he did was a gross mistake, and is ready to face consequences. And more than that he is changing himself and his views on whole women gender. And we should remember that he is not yet in love with Katha. he respects her as a single mother, a professional. He is not changing himself for his love

This is what we see in real life. People make mistakes, apologise for their mistakes and try to rectify them. Not just because they are in love with the other person.

Sorry for the long rant and delayed response. I have been away due to some work. You please feel free to disagree with my points

Ritzzee23 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Lethamukund

I agree that there were many MLs who changed their POV and perspectives after they met FLs. Arnav, Shivay, Shaurya, Aryan and many more. I call it CHARACTER PROGRESSION, not Character redemption.

Arnav had a character progression, and was one woman man in the real sense. Shaurya had a 180 degree character change after he met Anokhi, and was again one woman man. But both of their mistakes were never redeemed or addressed, rather romance pushed their mistakes under the rug and they came out as better characters. I will say that this type of character progression is acceptable in shows only.

In real life, I would never be able to accept a man who throws indoor on me/forcefully marry me and declare himself as my husband. Let there be sizzling chemistry between us, and let there be infinite positive changes in the man; basically that man has taken away my freedom to choose my life partner and he can never be accepted. But we romanticise such relations in ITV

The general pattern with ITV shows is that: we have a judgemental/angry/revengeful/rich/prejudiced/proud ML, who at some created situation forces FL to get married to them (deal/forced/fake/ etc. etc.) and eventually they have a few physical close moments (be it dupatta, fall and catch, FL fainting and ML carrying her in arms etc.etc.), some eye locks and slowly it makes both of them fall in love with each other. We audience call it Chemistry, and we get carried away by the chemistry that we eventually forget that ML forced FL to get married, physically hurt her (holding too tight, pinning onto walls etc.etc.), emotionally exploited her, mentally abused her and since they were bound by eternal love and had firing chemistry, we end up shipping them. 

Then comes separation and leap. A stupid illogical reason (like FL caused miscarriage, death of a family member etc.etc.) will trigger ML to throw his wife out of the house even in midnight, even on the day she had a miscarriage. And the same ML will act victim like he can't live without her. When FL meets him later with child (remember that she managed whole pregnancy and child birth with no support), she will be blamed again. They will repeat the role of chemistry here and we audience are carried away again. How can you forget that the man asked his wife to leave the house at the most vulnerable state in her life? how can he be accepted ever back?

Basically ITV is romanticising abusive relations, and in reality such behaviour is un acceptable.

Kindly let me know which ITV character has apologised for their mistakes, and not just changed their perspective by just falling in love. I have not come across, I might be less experienced as a viewer

That is where Viaan is different, He has accepted that what he did was a gross mistake, and is ready to face consequences. And more than that he is changing himself and his views on whole women gender. And we should remember that he is not yet in love with Katha. he respects her as a single mother, a professional. He is not changing himself for his love

This is what we see in real life. People make mistakes, apologise for their mistakes and try to rectify them. Not just because they are in love with the other person.

Sorry for the long rant and delayed response. I have been away due to some work. You please feel free to disagree with my points

Woww.. Letha you have so beautifully showed the stark difference between other mls and viaan πŸ’–... I just love reading your writings... 

I m totally with u on this that viaan is not in love now so he is not changing for katha or for love.. He has accepted that what mindset he had earlier is not right n he need to change for himself, for other people not for one person... 

Itv mein mls apni galti maan le yehi bohot badi baat ho jati hai... Forget about them saying sorry or redeem themselves. This is where katha differs from other shows...