What’s your opinion on Netflix’s Wednesday?!

JustRandomGirl thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Did not find any thread here talking about Wednesday, (not even sure if I am posting this in thr right forum lol) so I created one. 

Anyone here happened to watch the show?! Woukd love to know your opinion on it? 

My opinion , I really enjoyed watching the episodes. And I am already impatient for Season 2. After Sherlock, this was one non-comedy series I loved so much on Netflix. I heard it is adaption from Addam’s family which I did not watch so I did not know what to expect. Usually I am not fond of these teenage shows but this one really got me hooked. Plus it somehow gives Harry Potter vibes at times lol.

The show’s main star Wednesday-  a dark character(and may give some psychopath vibes) and totally different from girls of her age. The actress who played Wednesday, Jenna she just nailed the character and stole the show.

She is admitted to a school for outcasts called Nevermore. However as the series goes on we see how Wednesday opens up and slowly softens but still keeps her dark, unique perspective intact while she is solving a past mystery related to her family.  

In the 8 episode series, what I love the most was her friendship with her complete opposite colorful room mate Enid who is a werewolf. I also loved her bond with Thing(a hand). 

In the show she had two love interests, one is Xavier (who is also a student in Nevermore) and Tyler ( a guy in his 17 or 18 who works in a local barista near Nevermore). Honestly I really shipped her with Tyler a lot(an unpopular opinion probably). I loved their chemistry a lot. But I could not connect with Wednesday and Xavier’s chemistry lol. 

I would love to share my views more but then I would be revealing spoilers so I will just stop here. Also an interesting fact, the actress who played Wednesday in 1990s Addam’s family also played a pivotal role in this show too.

Edited by RandomWaliLadki - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail

I loved it, especially Wednesday's deadpan humour, thing/Enid/Wednesday's friendship. 

I also liked Tyler more till the last episode but I guessed the twist 2 mins before it happened. I prefer shorter hair on men. 

Edited by priya185 - 1 years ago
JustRandomGirl thumbnail
Originally posted by: priya185

I loved it, especially Wednesday's deadpan humour, thing/Enid/Wednesday's friendship. 

I also liked Tyler more till the last episode but I guessed the twist 2 mins before it happened. I prefer shorter hair on men. 

[Spoiler Alert]

@bold maybe this is the reason why i didnt connect much to xavier-wednesday lol! 😆 apart from that xavier for some reason resembles a bit like gareth gates(the guy who is related to wednesday’s parents past and also related to villain) 🤣 , i think xavier and wednesday are good as friends (felt bad for xavier guy got punished unecessarily lol)

i honestly find more potential in tyler and wednesday’s story , and if makers want they can show a redemption arc in the next season. especially wednesday’s monologue at the end of the second last episode sums up why these two are one potential pair 😆