Posted: 1 years ago

She's a very good producer and clearly knows art.

She always plays the same character. Be it Sultan, DDD, JTHJ, it's always some variation of Shruti Kakkar. She was unbearably annoying in PK with that ridiculous wig. That ended it for me. 

Originally posted by ohophelia

She always plays the same character. Be it Sultan, DDD, JTHJ, it's always some variation of Shruti Kakkar. She was unbearably annoying in PK with that ridiculous wig. That ended it for me. 

Bubbly Punjabi Girl 😂 

One of the most versatile actresses of bollywood, never shy away from experimentation...but she never utilised her maximum potential. She was already an A Lister when she met Kohli in 2013, so stop discrediting her hardwork. Instead of being a housewife, she should have continued to act but that conservative Kohli made her a housewife.

At a time where we are having tatti actresses like Sara, Janhvi, Kriti Sanon, Ananya, etc. Anushka definitely doesn't deserve to be called " THE MOST OVERRATED". Instead, she was extremely underrated among her contemporaries 

Edited by Lostsoul11 - 1 years ago
Originally posted by Stark9

That and the fact that even when she performs well no one wants to watch her even on OTT(cough: Qala)😂😂

lol all of Bollywood is experiencing flops. Does that mean they should stop performing well? She does not have projects being laid on a platter for her? 

All of Bollywood doesn’t have flops EVEN on OTT. Akki’s films are flopping in theatres but Cuttputli became most watched film on Disney. A Thursday was a massive hit on Hotstar. Qala otoh bombed EVEN on OTT. Like literally no one is interested in watching her. 

Once again if it FLOPPED it did the same numbers as Bulbul if not better. Why did Netflix still decide to take the second film from the same director? Clearly, there was still some type of profit from Bulbul that did the same if not lower numbers.  And you have no reason to come to the conclusion you did. It is not that no one wants to watch her. It is not enough of the masses have heard about her and her talent. 

All of Bollywood doesn’t have flops EVEN on OTT. Akki’s films are flopping in theatres but Cuttputli became most watched film on Disney. A Thursday was a massive hit on Hotstar. Qala otoh bombed EVEN on OTT. Like literally no one is interested in watching her. 

Who cares? A lot of great talent weren't solo successes at the BO? It takes time and multiple flops to build a career organically. She has backing and the talent - no one knows of her yet though. 

Yes, in my eyes, she is a good actress...and I admired her courage not only THAT she endorsed the Aafia character in Zero but HOW she did it. (I think that the whole movie showed a lot of courage to make it like they did.)

She can play sweet and bubbly and annoying and miserable/sad and whatever but in all of her movies I've watched she's playing a woman who imposes her authority - imo convincingly - and she had good screen presence.

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago

“Why did Netflix still decide to take the second film from the same director?” Is that really going to be ur line of argument?? By that logic even Arjun Kapoor is gr8 cuz even he still gets films😂

Logic and you? Arjun Kapoor in his life has never gotten as much acclaim as Tripti did for Bulbul and Qala. Nor have any of his films gotten as much acclaim as Bulbul or Qala. Not that I expect you to know that content-rich films and films that appeal to the masses are two different entities. So it is kind of pointless discussing logic with you FOD! 😆

She was good in Pari. Also ADHM.

But off late she’s been highly irritating in everything she does. Plus she messed up her face which doesn’t help.