Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail

Love Legion

Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I felt the opposite. I felt their romance was rushed. But I guess it had to be as it’s not a romantic movie. His marriage was basically a subplot for the ending. 

I didnt see the point of the marriage and her being blind in the story...was it just for that one airport scene😆

MochaQueen thumbnail

Love Legion

Originally posted by: Clochette

This reminds me of Ittefaq (2017, now on Netflix), a fine thriller, where Sidharth's performance was lauded, too (and rightly so, imo).

GRIPPING, TWISTED, SUSPENSE Mystery: Ittefaq Movie Review (3.5/5) | India Forums

One of his best❤️

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

I think so, too 😊... again good story, good director, well designed character.

Dirdam thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

In real his wife was torture 😔 cannot imagine Nasreen like that 💔

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: la_Reine

I didnt see the point of the marriage and her being blind in the story...was it just for that one airport scene😆

Contains spoilers: 

I think some of it was also to show the human side of a raw agent. He fell in a love and was very happy with his wife and his humble lifestyle. He was guilted about lying to her and her family. He was guilted about his father in law getting killed because of him. And yes the airport scene was also a huge part of it as well. If it wasn’t for Nasreen he would have been out of there. But like he told the maulvi before leaving for the airport, he wouldn’t let his child go through what he went through as surely had he left them in Pakistan his child would be called a traitor’s child just like he was. As much as he loved his country he also loved this Pakistani woman and basically died to make sure she and his child will get to safety.  

These weren’t just agents who did their work and moved on. They are people with lives and emotions. Remember how the maulvi looks at a picture of his wife and kid before he drops the cigarette?  

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Contains spoilers: 

I think some of it was also to show the human side of a raw agent. He fell in a love and was very happy with his wife and his humble lifestyle. He was guilted about lying to her and her family. He was guilted about his father in law getting killed because of him. And yes the airport scene was also a huge part of it as well. If it wasn’t for Nasreen he would have been out of there. But like he told the maulvi before leaving for the airport, he wouldn’t let his child go through what he went through as surely had he left them in Pakistan his child would be called a traitor’s child just like he was. As much as he loved his country he also loved this Pakistani woman and basically died to make sure she and his child will get to safety.  

These weren’t just agents who did their work and moved on. They are people with lives and emotions. Remember how the maulvi looks at a picture of his wife and kid before he drops the cigarette?  

Sid apparently met a RAW agent (he didnt go into deets about who he was) in Delhi and he told that one of the most overlooked aspects of being an agent was a toll it took on the mental health. They keep lying day in and day out and have to live dual lives.

I think this aspect was explored better in the final scenes of Raazi, but the reason why I bring it up is because even during the middle of the movie, I felt that he as getting too emotionally involved with nasreen, when they got married, I thought it was an act, but then, just like Raazi, it was probably the only time Tariq wasn't lying. And that is why I didn't mind the romance, I was upset about the build up, he sees her, gets to know she is blind and falls in love with her, baat hi kar lete bhai usase. The inclusion of a RAW agent falling in love was the only thing (for me) that felt it made sense in the bigger picture, everything else had loopholes and stuff, but Sid-Rashmika made a shabbily written love story a bit more organic.

One of the reason why I don't mind this film is that it trusts it audience to be smart and pick on small details like these. they don't say it out loud. They know that they have hinted at this and you have watched enough spy movies and shows and understands humans enough to make your own interpretation.

Edited by oye_nakhrewaali - 1 years ago
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

I expected something different, something new, but it was a complete waste of my two hours.

No one in film could impress, nothing in film is worth praising, banayi bhi kion hai jaar. We have seen it so many times in other films like Raazi, Romeo Akbar Walter. OTT worthy bhi nahi hai ye.

JayaBachan thumbnail

Does this movie have a happy ending? Blink once if yes, twice if don’t even bother.