Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ritzzee23 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

I love papaG and mamaG relationship and I find them fascinating to watch. I joked in the DT that often in ITV, many of these oldie couples will hate each other but still want the next generation to get married. such irony. 😂 that said, much of their dynamics is fascinating to watch for many reasons. like you said, they are so far different from our initial impressions. 

they are a team. so even when he takes decisions she disagrees with, she does not fight with him in the traditional way where it is antagonistic. instead, they are fighting together within the same circle. 

so, mamaG is a woman with her own mind. I found it hysterical that she went off to her kitty party and her friends were laughing about how papaG is a cranky man. so they all know his character and is a bit of joke to them. 

now, mamaG has a strong mind and can go meet aarav and katha if she wants. there is nothing stopping her and she is certainly not under papaG's thumb. but instead she respects the marriage and him and so steps back even though she wants to go. so what does she do instead -- stays by his side and fights with him. 

for me, those are lessons to be learned there on how we can handle interpersonal conflict for example. she is showing him powerfully that words cannot be tossed out in anger senselessly. she is demanding respect without making him feel like a fool. instead, she is showing him with respect that he ought to respect her and she will not accept less. no demonstrations or lectures but very succint lines where she puts together her words like a weapon and hits him in the heart. 

how is she able to do that? because she still treats him with love and so demands he do the same. so while they disagree on this very strongly and neither are necessarily backing out, it is interesting to see how their conflict is handled with so much more maturity precisely because of mamaG's approach. 

I have mentioned this earlier in DT once but there are many parallels I see between papaG and viaan. so in quite a few episodes, we have seen that happen where we see contrasts between the two men and how they react in anger, hurt and grief. 

here, we also have a conflict happening with katha and viaan. he feels terrible just as papaG. he knows he messed up but he does not know how to fix it. just as viaan decides to take it upon himself to visit her house, papaG hacks mamaG's phone to find her location because he is stressed. so both men go to a bit of extreme to find out where these women are because it drives them nuts in worry. 

the differences are in how the women react. katha has no respect at the moment for viaan but at the same time does not want him to know about her. so she rejects him. but because of the one night secret, they are in a circle whether either of them acknowledge it or not. so there is a bit of tug and war where they are trying to push each other to show their cards. 

on the other side, mamaG is not rejecting papaG at all and still loves and respects him. however, that does not mean she will allow him to disrespect her and so is instead teaching him to value her. she is staying within the circle of their relationship and unleasing the whip. it is fun and hilarious to watch. like I mentioned, there are lessons to be learned here! 

Wow mango.. I am in love with ur writings 🥰. You write in so much detail with correct use of word everytime... Dil le lo to your writing 😘😍... Your perspective on different issues is a treat to read... 

I have nothing to add here you have said everything.. I can just say that how this show is exploring different kinds of relationship and issues normally a women face in society is too good.. Feels like I am investing in something worthy and the forum talks also gives such different perspective to the same issue.. Pura brain khul jata hai sabke pov parhke. 

Edited by Ritzzee23 - 1 years ago
Bana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I think they are dangerously close to normalising PapaG’s obnoxious behaviour with his son, DIL, grandson & wife. They are on their way to portray his deeply chauvinistic, selfish, egoistic nature as the senseless reaction of a man who has lost his son.

Katha will also forgive him, I can predict. A man who not only left her son to die, actually cursed them both by saying u also die with him, indirectly saying let him die. I dont know any mother who would forgive a person saying that. 

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Bana

Yes what I mean is right to shelter in her her marital home, which is both her legal & moral right. They may not have the right to claim ownership in a financial sense but they cannot be kicked out. 

yes, but from my understanding, you have to file for it and not automatic unless the judge grants it to you. even then you cannot rent out or sell the property. you only have that right till your case is over where you have to prove that you don't have additional income and in need of maintenance. so more of temporary measure rather than permanent is my understanding. while ITV gets lots of things wrong, I think this is one of those where ITV is realistic in showing as it happens. 

many of these cases are so complicated when it comes to what your rights are during divorce -- sometimes you hear stories and you go "whaat???" and then you google or try to listen to youtube lawyer speaking for general knowledge purpose and you fall asleep because of the complicated legalities. 😅

Khushidum thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Very late to the party but I loved reading everyone’s view and agree with all.  

starting with the ML’s parents - I used to be a Imlie fan and I have this idea that mummy will go into mean mode🤭. Sorry to lower the tone but I can’t help it.  However I am enjoying the subtle way she gets her point across - not everything in life has to be a shouting match.  I am enjoying their dynamics as side characters.

Dodo (Doctor Donor). I don’t know they have not started to use her real name seems to nice to be true.  I wish they would start telling her backstory and waste less time on two guys objectifying an employee.  Having said that I have not yet ff any scenes yet.

I also felt uncomfortable viewing the ML and his business partner discussing Katha.  Not a good message to send to the public.  I hope we see the ML finding out the back story of Katha and then giving her the space to accept or not his apology.  I don’t feel that Katha wants an apology for the ONS - this might be an unpopular comment but I feel that she is content with the decision she had to make and has since moved on.

The problem in her eyes is what is happening since - the terms of the contract were to never mention it again - so I see why Katha is acting this way.

If the ML wants to know why - he should have asked that question before not after.  As much as I like him he is coming across as a stalker and Katha has a right to be angry about this but not the ONS.

as for the business partner Ehsan(??) I do not like this role - I do not understand it.  What is he trying to say or do. On what basis does he like Katha?  Is it her work or does he fancy her?  It doesn’t feel like there has been enough interaction between them for him to be obsessing over her. Whilst with the ML he has.

Not as succinctly put as all the others I have read here🤗

Nabni_blr31 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6

Nicely explained Mango.👍🏼

I really like the chemistry between PapaG and MamaG. Check the video i hv posted in DT. Looks like PapaG has accepted Aarav. He got emotional seeing his only grandson.😆 MamaG has succeeded in her  mission. 😃

Tris03 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Khushidum

Very late to the party but I loved reading everyone’s view and agree with all.  

starting with the ML’s parents - I used to be a Imlie fan and I have this idea that mummy will go into mean mode🤭. Sorry to lower the tone but I can’t help it.  However I am enjoying the subtle way she gets her point across - not everything in life has to be a shouting match.  I am enjoying their dynamics as side characters.

Dodo (Doctor Donor). I don’t know they have not started to use her real name seems to nice to be true.  I wish they would start telling her backstory and waste less time on two guys objectifying an employee.  Having said that I have not yet ff any scenes yet.

I also felt uncomfortable viewing the ML and his business partner discussing Katha.  Not a good message to send to the public.  I hope we see the ML finding out the back story of Katha and then giving her the space to accept or not his apology.  I don’t feel that Katha wants an apology for the ONS - this might be an unpopular comment but I feel that she is content with the decision she had to make and has since moved on.

The problem in her eyes is what is happening since - the terms of the contract were to never mention it again - so I see why Katha is acting this way.

If the ML wants to know why - he should have asked that question before not after.  As much as I like him he is coming across as a stalker and Katha has a right to be angry about this but not the ONS.

as for the business partner Ehsan(??) I do not like this role - I do not understand it.  What is he trying to say or do. On what basis does he like Katha?  Is it her work or does he fancy her?  It doesn’t feel like there has been enough interaction between them for him to be obsessing over her. Whilst with the ML he has.

Not as succinctly put as all the others I have read here🤗

Bold- absolutely agreed! Great post🤗

And She was working normally then, though was uncomfortable after the ONS. She was clear about her decision and then was focused on Aarav and her work.

And I too completely understand why Katha is acting this way. Ek toh she gets to know that this Dubai trip was not necessary, and then he makes another super weird and creepy offer of 2cr and then he's just not leaving her alone. It does look like stalking- calling her continuously and then Katha ke Ghar pohoch jaana🤢 ofc she just wants to maintain distance from him after all this🤔

I do feel bad for viaan coz Adnan is doing a brilliant job ❤️🔥 but really, just didn't like his behaviour at all. Firstly You offered her ONS coz you wanted to test her. Ab you are continuously calling her coz YOU want closure and maafi, and then viaan be like- itna galat kaise ho gaya hamare beech🙄

Edited by Tris03 - 1 years ago
mili9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: kshitu_20

I don't think Dodo knows that the guy who came to meet Katha was Viaan, Katha's boss..  Viaan never told her the name and she didn't read the letter right? Unintentional shipper ho gayi woh 😆

Baaki I agree with you!! Yeah, stalkery behavior needs to stop.. Viaan pagal, Ab Ehsan bhi pagal.. Too much 😡 Peeche padke sorry sorry karna is not what I want to watch no matter how guilty Viaan is feeling..

Hmmm...... I thought Katha said " yeh yahaan bhi pahunch gaya?" and told her that he is the boss after reading the letter. Then, they did the magazine tearing ritual? Dodo said something about woh boss jo ghar aayega if you are not well and will write you a hand written letter yada, yada, yada......... 🤢 without knowing anything about Katha-Viaan dynamics 

I don't remember the exact order of events my friend🤗, but I am somebody who looks through a certain lens if I don't like somebody😲 That is my blindspot and I am not proud of it🤢. So, I could be totally the one looking at the whole dodo's overt/covert hyping Viaan as some desirable boss in a different light🤔

Yeah, agreed, the stalking has to stop😡. I am just wondering why he calls her thousands of times👎🏼. She is cutting the call, so 100 times dial karne se, she will pick it up? If you feel like your call is getting cut off because the other party is in the middle of something and you really need to get hold of them for an emergency, trying to call several times in an attempt to relay the urgency makes sense. But, when he knows why she is not picking up( she is hopping mad and disgusted ), his multiple calls will only aggravate her more. Ball is in her court whether she picks up the call or shuts/blocks off his calls and that is what she did. 

I want groveling, not this jabardasti that she needs to listen to his side of the story AND listen to his apology AND give him an explanation about the cause of her actions AND accept his apology😡🤬 I think he is too far fetched in his thinking. If you did commit a blunder, you need to be also patient for the other person or circumstance to settle down. You can't get an instant apology, so you can get your peace and quiet back. Not happening😔He needs to be more humble than thinking about " me, me, my peace, my disturbance, more me...."

Ritzzee23 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Tris03

Bold- absolutely agreed! Great post🤗

And She was working normally then, though was uncomfortable after the ONS. She was clear about her decision and then was focused on Aarav and her work.

And I too completely understand why Katha is acting this way. Ek toh she gets to know that this Dubai trip was not necessary, and then he makes another super weird and creepy offer of 2cr and then he's just not leaving her alone. It does look like stalking- calling her continuously and then Katha ke Ghar pohoch jaana🤢 ofc she just wants to maintain distance from him after all this🤔

I do feel bad for viaan coz Adnan is doing a brilliant job ❤️🔥 but really, just didn't like his behaviour at all. Firstly You offered her ONS coz you wanted to test her. Ab you are continuously calling her coz YOU want closure and maafi, and then viaan be like- itna galat kaise ho gaya hamare beech🙄

He is not realising that unka starting hi galat se hua hai.. Inke beech ki foundation hi galti hai... 

mili9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Loved all opinions here. I want to put down my two cents about Papa G, Mama G. Loved how Mama G took Papa G to the cleaners👏 That is the highlight of the episode. I am against all forms of blackmailing, even blackmailing a child to do their chores, I am dead againstsmiley23 So, this is my perspective.

The only two good things🤔 I am going to say about Papa G is that he loves his wife and that his repeated utterance that it is not just mothers who feel for their children, but dads can be equally affected. This is all I am going to give him credit for. 

He is still a stereotypical male either from the TV or real life. He expects his wife to follow his wishes, his commands, his life, his comfort and would give her an ultimatum if she doesn't comply. This is really not a guy who is thinking about her feelings, her wishes in the least bit. How does she feel when you ask her to get out of "your" house if she goes against your wish? Like she said, if it is just your house, then what is she doing there? What if she gave the ultimatum, shape up, help them OR ELSE, I will walk......🤢 How would that sit with him? 

Like Bana said, after all these years of marriage, he had the gall to say get out of " my " house🤬. When will she have "her " house, "her" money, to do what she wants. They divided the labor in their marriage, he took care of the finances, while she took care of the house and family ( I am assuming ). Of course, unfortunately, she can't show her productivity🤢 in material. Because, for all practical purposes, the assumption is that eventually, the house ran by itself, Mama G had the luxury to sit and watch. The children grew up by themselves, after all, MamaG didn't have to water them to grow. The house help managed the work, Mama G is lucky to have PapaG supply her with this resource. Unfortunate story of thousands of women who decide to keep house and keep it all together😒

He also mentioned to her that "he" pays the house help and therefore........before. But, like Shalzie, I also wonder how and why did MamaG keep silent and not meet her son, her son's family and her grand child. Why did she not go against PapaG and sunao him sooner? Thanks Shalzie for saying this, I can see how Mama G is now swayed after seeing Aarav, meeting him. She can see how she lost precious time with her own son, as she went along with her husband's decisions. She probably must have thought a 1000 times, if only she was involved in her son's life for all those years, if only.......😭 I think this is how she mustered the courage to call out Papa G and his behavior towards Katha and Aarav. 

Lastly, I am sorry, I can't forgive Papa G for his behavior, and his words towards Katha. I need for him to grovel😡 too. I don't care what he had gone through, as a father, he suffered too, I won't disagree with that. That doesn't give him a free pass to wish ill about other people. I am not superstitious in the sense that I don't worry about such loose talk as this guy's wish.... I could care less if your son lives or dies...... but that is a callous and most insensitive thing to say to a worried mom, DIL or not, enemy or not😡 Not sure how Katha can forget those words😡 I certainly can't. He needs to do a lot to make up for his nonsense towards Aarav.🤢

Both the actors are doing an amazing job though👍🏼 I am so glad the show is bringing all of these things up. Shalzie, loved how you pointed out this message to be empowering to those in submissive relationships👍🏼 I can't agree more, my friend. 

Mango ji, great insights as usual

Sorry to be so strongly opinionated🤢girls.

kshitu_20 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mili9

Hmmm...... I thought Katha said " yeh yahaan bhi pahunch gaya?" and told her that he is the boss after reading the letter. Then, they did the magazine tearing ritual? Dodo said something about woh boss jo ghar aayega if you are not well and will write you a hand written letter yada, yada, yada......... 🤢 without knowing anything about Katha-Viaan dynamics 

I don't remember the exact order of events my friend🤗, but I am somebody who looks through a certain lens if I don't like somebody😲 That is my blindspot and I am not proud of it🤢. So, I could be totally the one looking at the whole dodo's overt/covert hyping Viaan as some desirable boss in a different light🤔

Yeah, agreed, the stalking has to stop😡. I am just wondering why he calls her thousands of times👎🏼. She is cutting the call, so 100 times dial karne se, she will pick it up? If you feel like your call is getting cut off because the other party is in the middle of something and you really need to get hold of them for an emergency, trying to call several times in an attempt to relay the urgency makes sense. But, when he knows why she is not picking up( she is hopping mad and disgusted ), his multiple calls will only aggravate her more. Ball is in her court whether she picks up the call or shuts/blocks off his calls and that is what she did. 

I want groveling, not this jabardasti that she needs to listen to his side of the story AND listen to his apology AND give him an explanation about the cause of her actions AND accept his apology😡🤬 I think he is too far fetched in his thinking. If you did commit a blunder, you need to be also patient for the other person or circumstance to settle down. You can't get an instant apology, so you can get your peace and quiet back. Not happening😔He needs to be more humble than thinking about " me, me, my peace, my disturbance, more me...."

Yeah even I don't remember the exact order.. But Katha didn't exactly tell her the letter guy was her boss.. So not sure what exactly happened  but I don't think Dodo would hype Viaan in front of Katha knowingly.. She cares about Katha so I thought maybe she thinks they are both different guys.. But she's also very OTT so kya pata..

On Viaan, I agree.. He isn't thinking straight in his desperation and confusion and guilt (Not that he ever really 'thought' before) and making bigger mistakes.. As you correctly said, right now everything is still about him - mere sawaal, meri uljhan, my peace blah blah.. And I have patience for it only and only till he finds out the truth.. Uske baad mera bhi fuse udega pura.. I want to see groveling after that.. He needs to show through his actions that he's sorry.. Sorry bolega aur Katha ko jo pasand nahi hai woh karega, usse aur uncomfortable karega toh kya faayda.. Isko toh redemption nahi bol sakte.. I would have actually preferred seeing him hiring a detective or something to dig into Katha's life to get whatever answers he wants (Not saying that behavior is better or right but I would prefer that to what he is doing right now) But he has only about 3 brain cells so can't expect that either.. So till he finds out, jhelna padega 😞