Users

Frequent Posters

kshitu_20 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: jalalrocks

Completely agree..

Redemption ka mtlb ye to nhi

He can be guilty and ask for forgiveness without getting this desperate..

Imagine in real life situation this will create irreversible damage. Now it seems katha is more  angry because of this stalking and desperation rather than ONS..

Regret can be shown with decency too..no need of invading personal space 

Somehow I feel after aarav's truth revelation this irritating behavior will be stopped or worse will be doubled or tripled🤣

Bang on!!!

This kind of behavior is very irritating.. The only reason I'm not ranting too much is because I have hopes it will stop once he finds out the whole truth.. He's very very desperate for answers right now so I'm like okay abhi kuch expect karna bhi bekaar hai.. but NOT after he gets those answers.. Because as you said, this is not redemption at all!! He has to earn forgiveness not demand it!!

@bold Viaan hopelessvanshi ke maafi maangne ke tareeke galati se bhi bhayankar hai.. 😆 Can't blame Katha..

@italics God no!! Please no!! Shubh shubh bolo 😆

ruchita3179 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Shalzie

Mili, I loved the scene between MamaG and PapaG. First time I am enjoying the tracks of other characters in a show. I don't feel like FF any scene. Initially, MamaG appeared like the usual docile, submissive wife. But slowly, makers gave it back to us for jumping to conclusions so easily🤣or maybe not...for why didn't she take a stand for her grandson before? How could she accept not seeing him? The only way I can explain this is that reality is different from what we imagine and create in our minds. Meeting Aarav, seeing how lovely and full of love and acceptance he is, must have triggered MamaG's protective instincts towards him...especially once she realised that she could lose him, and she wasted so many years. I love the character development of MamaG...her inner strength. She totally played PapaG🤣it is evident now that they deeply love each other. PapaG simply took MamaG for granted, expecting her to always agree with him. But he should not have issued the ultimatum🤣I did not like the fact that he tracked her phone without her knowledge. I understand the safety reason behind it but she should have been informed. Through these 2, we are seeing a different view of a couple's relationship. We expected this track to be the typical type but we are being served something very different and empowering for those who remain submissive in their relationships. Both actors are fab in their roles!

As for the altercation between Viaan and Ehsan, I have a different point of view.  They are brothers, and as such, they went over their respective limits. This show is subtle. There have been hints that Ehsan has started liking Katha. It's not love yet. I knew that we were heading here but I am not convinced of the timing for this plot. We already have many unresolved conflicts. Why add one now, which has the potential to be a major conflict and involves 2 brothers? Ehsan knew that something was off when Viaan did not let Katha go with him, and instead insisted that they had to go to Dubai to meet Abdali. Ehsan has always been the understanding one, the peacemaker. He takes a backseat when it comes to Viaan. It doesn't make him weak but I think that this is driven by love for someone he considers as his brother and whom he has seen in pain for many years. Since he knows Viaan's views on women, it never occurred to Ehsan that Viaan may like Katha. He thinks that Viaan is just being his karoos self and torturing Katha by placing unreasonable demands on her. He has always supported Katha in front of Viaan. All these factors have boiled over into this fight. The line about removing anyone who is in Katha's life was excessive. We don't need another obsessive person in Katha's life. The makers have succeeded in drawing parallels and showing contrasts in this show up to now. Are they changing Ehsan's character now since Viaan's remorse track has started? Have to wait and see with these makers. I am up for it as they always surprise me pleasantly.

I may be in the minority here (I generally am🤣) but I like Dodo. I am waiting for her story to unfold. I think that there is pain behind all the bubbliness. She is hiding behind a facade and overdoing it at times. Yes, she's the cliché part in this story but I am ok with it.

I wish that I could binge watch this show. One ep per day leaves me wanting more🤣hope they pick up the pace a bit as I feel that they have been going round in circles a bit. We need a showdown between Viaan and Katha. It's overdue!

Whatever it is i am liking the show & its treatment.They are going as per th original story only & Ehsan a a character again has many layers which will come in front slowly.But yes Ehsan showing inteerst in Katha has been really fast & i think random.It was never shown properly.I also like Dodo & she has a story most probably her 2 sons have abandoned her.Maybe giving money but not in contact in my opinion.Seems to be widow herself.The story is quite interesting with really complex characters .

ruchita3179 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mili9

😒😒 Good morning girls !!!!! 

I don't know how everybody felt, but I was uncomfortable watching the histrionics of both of these guys today🤬. Too much testosterone filled altercation to my liking👎🏼 Both of these are close friends, haina? So, what was that tone that they kept talking in between themselves. And talking about a girl, as if each of them has some ownership on her😡 I am not able to explain it well. The argument seems like it progressed logically, but somehow talking as if the object of their collective interest had no say in this, no role in this, no voice in this😭

Viaan trying his best to deflect Ehsan who is hell bent on bending whatever rules or etiquette to reach her🤔. It is scary if bosses behave this way- conspiring, stalking, sneaky just because they have access to personal info and therefore will not hesitate to misuse it. BECAUSE, they have a personal agenda. Please makers, do not glorify this behavior😡 One idiot already kar chuka hain🤬, the other will do this now. I wonder if the HR guy will let Ehsan know that his arch nemesis may be no other than his partner and friend? 🤔Please show us something different and give the HR guy a backbone and refuse to give out employees personal info at a whim, even if it is your boss who is asking this😒

Khair, what I loved the most in today's episode is PapaG ki dhulaayi👏 MamaG, take a bow 🤗for articulating everything perfectly. The Me, me, me and more me of a stereotypical TV male ( and RL males too ) is taken to the cleaners I don't know the relevance of this to the story, but I thoroughly enjoyed Mama G 's zingers More please. Me, my house, my wish, my feelings, my emotion, my grief with no consideration to the other person involved is so real and glaring👍🏼 It needed to be brought up, by this medium. Kudos to the writers. Still don't get the relevance

Dodo irritated me with her shipping Viaan R🤢 I think she should keep her big mouth closed and stop being a know it all🤬 There is nothing sweet or romantic about a boss guy who is stalking👎🏼.All she knows is how he looks, what he wore and she is giving him a good character certificate? Seems like she is going to be the representative of the usual TV cliches- angry young man, well dressed and rich🤬 I want to say a few things to her😡......... but won't to maintain the decorum of this forum I would much rather have Rewa in her place who knows Katha very well and Viaan to some extent, not this diddly-doo spewing out some relationship advice in vacuum and out of context😡

I am here to watch proper repentance, so I won't enjoy people giving him a free-pass. I hope Chandan won't be one of them. Katha needs her support systems to be loyal to her. 

A very fast paced episode. I am slightly uneasy and unnerved by both Viaan and Ehsan today😭, but my intrigue is going up. The story has me hooked and it has a lot of traction👍🏼

Would love to hear how others felt........ I am not sure if I am totally off with my thinking🤢

The problem is there was no hint or proper build up to the sudden liking of Katah by Ehsan.He has been shown really friendly but not like romantically interested earlier.Now they are fighting for Katha .Katha is just an employee who just joined .Anyways you are right it is scary if bossess are like this .Specially when the woman has no idea that they are interested.Something is very scary of Viaan actions too.& why ehsan suddenly said Hata dunga .I mean it was so out of context & character of Ehsan.Still the show is good

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Shalzie

Mili, I loved the scene between MamaG and PapaG. First time I am enjoying the tracks of other characters in a show. I don't feel like FF any scene. Initially, MamaG appeared like the usual docile, submissive wife. But slowly, makers gave it back to us for jumping to conclusions so easily🤣or maybe not...for why didn't she take a stand for her grandson before? How could she accept not seeing him? The only way I can explain this is that reality is different from what we imagine and create in our minds. Meeting Aarav, seeing how lovely and full of love and acceptance he is, must have triggered MamaG's protective instincts towards him...especially once she realised that she could lose him, and she wasted so many years. I love the character development of MamaG...her inner strength. She totally played PapaG🤣it is evident now that they deeply love each other. PapaG simply took MamaG for granted, expecting her to always agree with him. But he should not have issued the ultimatum🤣I did not like the fact that he tracked her phone without her knowledge. I understand the safety reason behind it but she should have been informed. Through these 2, we are seeing a different view of a couple's relationship. We expected this track to be the typical type but we are being served something very different and empowering for those who remain submissive in their relationships. Both actors are fab in their roles!

I love papaG and mamaG relationship and I find them fascinating to watch. I joked in the DT that often in ITV, many of these oldie couples will hate each other but still want the next generation to get married. such irony. 😂 that said, much of their dynamics is fascinating to watch for many reasons. like you said, they are so far different from our initial impressions. 

they are a team. so even when he takes decisions she disagrees with, she does not fight with him in the traditional way where it is antagonistic. instead, they are fighting together within the same circle. 

so, mamaG is a woman with her own mind. I found it hysterical that she went off to her kitty party and her friends were laughing about how papaG is a cranky man. so they all know his character and is a bit of joke to them. 

now, mamaG has a strong mind and can go meet aarav and katha if she wants. there is nothing stopping her and she is certainly not under papaG's thumb. but instead she respects the marriage and him and so steps back even though she wants to go. so what does she do instead -- stays by his side and fights with him. 

for me, those are lessons to be learned there on how we can handle interpersonal conflict for example. she is showing him powerfully that words cannot be tossed out in anger senselessly. she is demanding respect without making him feel like a fool. instead, she is showing him with respect that he ought to respect her and she will not accept less. no demonstrations or lectures but very succint lines where she puts together her words like a weapon and hits him in the heart. 

how is she able to do that? because she still treats him with love and so demands he do the same. so while they disagree on this very strongly and neither are necessarily backing out, it is interesting to see how their conflict is handled with so much more maturity precisely because of mamaG's approach. 

I have mentioned this earlier in DT once but there are many parallels I see between papaG and viaan. so in quite a few episodes, we have seen that happen where we see contrasts between the two men and how they react in anger, hurt and grief. 

here, we also have a conflict happening with katha and viaan. he feels terrible just as papaG. he knows he messed up but he does not know how to fix it. just as viaan decides to take it upon himself to visit her house, papaG hacks mamaG's phone to find her location because he is stressed. so both men go to a bit of extreme to find out where these women are because it drives them nuts in worry. 

the differences are in how the women react. katha has no respect at the moment for viaan but at the same time does not want him to know about her. so she rejects him. but because of the one night secret, they are in a circle whether either of them acknowledge it or not. so there is a bit of tug and war where they are trying to push each other to show their cards. 

on the other side, mamaG is not rejecting papaG at all and still loves and respects him. however, that does not mean she will allow him to disrespect her and so is instead teaching him to value her. she is staying within the circle of their relationship and unleasing the whip. it is fun and hilarious to watch. like I mentioned, there are lessons to be learned here! 

Rosh4rose thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

MamaG rooked 🤣

About two Idiots .... One was idiot from the beginning with the mission of testing now his bestie joined him!!!

Viaan is already in love but he is being very annoying invading her space continuously

Eshan ... 😎 ... That was all of a sudden 

He too wants Katha in his personal life 

🤣

Fir a change let two men fight for a woman

ITV is full of Pathi , patni and mistress / ex girl friend becoming pregnant kind of nonsenses

🤣🤣

Both Viaan or Eshan can’t claim Katha made them pregnant or some thing like that .🤣

watch Viaan’s next disastrous move 

He create a storm every time 

Edited by Rosh4rose - 1 years ago
Shalzie thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

M, I absolutely love your analysis! I love all the discussions here because they give me different perspectives. MamaG and PapaG are a joy to watch.

I had a crazy idea....if Falguni was single...they could have started a track with Abdali🤣How do we get to see more of this charismatic character?

On another point, I loved your observation about how people dress up in Dubai. My thought on reading that was 'Typical M'🤣

mango.falooda thumbnail

hahahha... I would totally watch an arc of mr. beard. but what to do he is stuck in dubai. 😂

that said, it will be nice to have more fleshed out characters like jeetu bhai and jenny. are they also single? are they also workaholics? what is their connection to the office? how does jenny put up with viaan? 😆

have some thoughts for another post/analysis about papaG and mamaG but I am feeling a bit lazy. probably will end up being an essay. 🤣 

Bana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I am appalled that even after so many years of marriage, the wife has no ownership of the marital home & the hubby can ask her to get out in a huff. Who the hell is Mr G to tell Mrs G “vahin rah jana” or dont come back? It is equally her home & property.

This is v common & normalised in itv when in reality it is against the law and the woman has a legal right to occupy her marital home (whether house owned by hubby or inlaws) fm the day she steps in, & can sue if evicted. But they always show the man & his family throwing the bahu out on flimsy reasons (they are not allowed to for any reasons). And this man thinks of it as “my home where I can bar u from entering” after the woman made it home for them for decades.

For this reason I dont find the senior Gs relationship cute as this should not be normalised. 

mango.falooda thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bana

I am appalled that even after so many years of marriage, the wife has no ownership of the marital home & the hubby can ask her to get out in a huff. Who the hell is Mr G to tell Mrs G “vahin rah jana” or dont come back? It is equally her home & property.

This is v common & normalised in itv when in reality it is against the law and the woman has a legal right to occupy her marital home (whether house owned by hubby or inlaws) fm the day she steps in, & can sue if evicted. But they always show the man & his family throwing the bahu out on flimsy reasons (they are not allowed to for any reasons). And this man thinks of it as “my home where I can bar u from entering” after the woman made it home for them for decades.

For this reason I dont find the senior Gs relationship cute as this should not be normalised. 

mamaG knows that papaG has no teeth. he is just all bark. 😆

but in regards to your point, I don't think that interpretation is correct. mind you, I am not a lawyer but I have heard that joint assets as a concept does not exist in India which is why there is so much fight for alimony during divorce. 

so I went and double checked -- I remembered I had watched this video a while back. sharing it for general info: at 5.22 -- "women have no rights over their husband's assets or property at the time of divorce"; 

https://youtu.be/He1meogkuBs

this does not apply if you are co-owners of a property or have invested together officially. however, even there, you might have to prove that you contributed according to how some lawyers put it. also, woman cannot claim any right to property owned by in-laws either. 

from what I understand, the woman can claim 'right of shelter' / 'right to residence' but that is not the same as ownership. she does not have right on self-acquired property of the husband -- 1.35

https://youtu.be/zRBYYSnLy2Q

so, it is important that women should be financially independent and especially older women need to be ensure that they are financially mobile and can make their own decisions -- put your name on the bank account and property. 

Edited by mango.falooda - 1 years ago
Bana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Yes what I mean is right to shelter in her her marital home, which is both her legal & moral right. They may not have the right to claim ownership in a financial sense but they cannot be kicked out. 

Edited by Bana - 1 years ago