Savera84 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Thanks for the tag Madhu!🤗

Let the ODI series begin.

Cheers..

Viswasruti thumbnail

Sri Lanka

Leggie Vandersay could get a look in for the visitors. Pacer Lahiru Kumara should also be back into the XI, ahead of the uncapped-in-ODIs Dilshan Madhushanka.

Probable XI: Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis (wk), Avishka Fernando, Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka, Dasun Shanaka (C), Wanindu Hasaranga, Maheesh Theekshana, Kasun Rajitha, Lahiru Kumara, Jeffrey Vandersay

Did you know?

- Since 2019, KL Rahul averages 48.25 and strikes at 169.30 in the last 10 overs

- Between 2016-19, Virat Kohli averaged 114 against spin. Since then, the average has come down to 39.

IND vs SL Dream11 Prediction, Probable Playing 11, and Fantasy Cricket Tips  of 1st ODI : No Jasprit Bumrah

Viswasruti thumbnail

IND V SL, 1st ODI: Late Pull-out By Bumrah Sours India's Build-up To ODI  Series Opener Against Sri Lanka (preview) On Cricketnmore

What they said

"Both openers (Gill and Kishan) have done really well. But looking at how both have gone through, I think it is fair that we give Gill a fair run because in the last games Gill got a lot of runs" - Rohit Sharma

Viswasruti thumbnail

Pitch report: It's a venue where batters enjoy, it's a high scoring venue. The pitch is on the drier side, and there are a few cracks. Dew might come into play tonight. The team fielding second will have a tough time because it will be tough to grip the ball. The pitch looks a good one to bat on, but chasing will be easier here. The wicket will grip a bit in the first innings, but not so, in the second innings. Captain winning the toss might elect to bowl first, reckons Deep Dasgupta.

IND vs SL, 1st ODI: Shubman Gill set to open instead of Ishan Kishan, India  starts 2023 World Cup preparation - Sportstar

Edited by Viswasruti - 1 years ago
Savera84 thumbnail

Shreyas Iyer: It (2022) was an exciting year for me and I was ecstatic with my performances. I definitely look back at what I learnt from the last year. I was less flamboyant with my shot selection, I was patient, that's what stands out. I used to plan my innings, that's what I analysed from the last year. I tried to play according to the situation, and it worked for me. Need to study the bowlers, I try to visualise the bowlers, I try to analyse these small things and let my instincts take over once I enter the ground. Pressure is inevitable when you are playing for the Indian team, I try to focus on the routine and process. Looking forward to have a fantastic season, hope we have a fabulous game.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Sri Lanka were quite competitive in the shortest format, apart from the third T20I, but will they be able to come up with such spirited performances in the ODI format? Will definitely be interesting to see. On paper, India are definitely the heavyweights, especially in home conditions. Let's hope we have closely fought ODI series opener. Stay tuned for the toss and teams..

India played some excellent cricket under Hardik Pandya's captaincy in the T20Is, but Rohit Sharma is fit again and is back to lead the Men in Blue in the ODIs. Over the years, India and Sri Lanka have been involved in several bilateral series, and India have the clear advantage if you look at the results. And with the return of the senior pros for the ODIs, India have the mixture of experience and talented players in the squad. Ishan Kishan became the fourth Indian batter to score a double century recently, but Shubman Gill will be preferred over the flamboyant left-hander. Gill himself has shown a lot of consistency in the 50-over format of late, so even he will be looking forward to making the most of this opportunity presented to him.

Savera84 thumbnail

Dasun Shanaka has won the toss, and Sri Lanka will be chasing.

Savera84 thumbnail

India XI 1 Rohit Sharma (capt.), 2 Shubman Gill, 3 Virat Kohli, 4 KL Rahul (wk) 5 Shreyas Iyer, 6 Hardik Pandya, 7 Axar Patel, 8 Yuzvendra Chahal, 9 Mohammed Siraj, 10 Mohammed Shami, 11 Umran Malik

Sri Lanka 1 Kusal Mendis (wk), 2 Pathum Nissanka, 3 Avishka Fernando, 4 Dhananjaya de Silva, 5 Charith Asalanka, 6 Dasun Shanaka (capt.), 7 Wanindu Hasaranga, 8 Chamika Karunaratne, 9 Dunith Wellalage, 10 Kasun Rajitha, 11 Dilshan Madushanka

SoniRita thumbnail

Thanks for tag Madhu di

SoniRita thumbnail

Originally posted by: Savera84

India XI 1 Rohit Sharma (capt.), 2 Shubman Gill, 3 Virat Kohli, 4 KL Rahul (wk) 5 Shreyas Iyer, 6 Hardik Pandya, 7 Axar Patel, 8 Yuzvendra Chahal, 9 Mohammed Siraj, 10 Mohammed Shami, 11 Umran Malik

Sri Lanka 1 Kusal Mendis (wk), 2 Pathum Nissanka, 3 Avishka Fernando, 4 Dhananjaya de Silva, 5 Charith Asalanka, 6 Dasun Shanaka (capt.), 7 Wanindu Hasaranga, 8 Chamika Karunaratne, 9 Dunith Wellalage, 10 Kasun Rajitha, 11 Dilshan Madushanka

So they played Iyer ahead of SKY damn.