Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Purple5 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

Lmaoo. The only 1” horrible” was Diana to Camilla actually. It was Diana who went around & gave a whole IV about how there were “3 in a marriage”, it was Diana who would talk shit about Cam & Sophie Windsor (Prince Edward’s wife, The Countess Of Wessex b/c she was extremely jealous of her being even more beautiful than Diana)

Diana has a whole cult till today that thrives around her memory,and while she was very nice in her charity etc, personally, she was a deeply, horribly insecure & very manipulative woman. This whole Saint Diana is just a royal farce! Lol. She was very mean, could be vicious, when she wanted to be. She also abused poor William by making him her confidante & constantly spoke about her divorce & marriage to him. A bloody 10-15 year old CHILD was subjected to that!!! It’s all over her biographies. Diana also plotted to marry the heir to the throne, Charles, and become The PoW. It’s all there in the Diaries Of Diana docu. So spare me the “Harry stood up for his mother” BS. 🤣

Harry clearly is super easily swayed, first by his mother (of whom he admits he doesn’t have “much memory of”) and then his psycho Narc wife, Meghan. 

if at THIS point people can’t see, just how completely mentally & intellectually disabled & deranged, Harry is, IDK WHAT to say to them. 🤪

I just googled Sophie Windsor as I didn’t know how she looked and she’s definitely not prettier than Diana. 
Diana  was not only pretty but also charming. She had a magnifying presence. 

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Purple5

I just googled Sophie Windsor as I didn’t know how she looked and she’s definitely not prettier than Diana. 
Diana  was not only pretty but also charming. She had a magnifying presence. 

I actually agree with Diana lol- Sophie Windsor is definitely significantly better looking than Diana, she has a very regal face, high cheekbones etc. I never found Diana to be the raging beauty everyone thought she is & her nose was off-kilter to me. She’s definitely beautiful though, her overall impact was quite something. But she also courted the press most ardently, so they also very much favoured her & she WAS the Princess Of Wales after-all!! Mother to future King too.

Looks are completely subjective, so to each their own. 🤷‍♀️ 

Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 1 years ago

Originally posted by: vcs17

bahut mazaa aa raha hain, for all the colonialism, racism and crap the royal family did world over, sukoon mil raha hain, aur lado, maan maryada sab ki dhajiyan udaoo 😆

thank god india abolished royalty 

India might’ve abolished royalty, but royals are still very much, deeply respected & wealthy af in India. 😆 And the BRF are a soft power- They’re more figureheads than anything. But this drama is MAX ENTERTAINING, NGL. 🤪

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

India might’ve abolished royalty, but royals are still very much, deeply respected & wealthy af in India. 😆 And the BRF are a soft power- They’re more figureheads than anything. But this drama is MAX ENTERTAINING, NGL. 🤪

😆

respect I think is more colonial hangover, with each passing generation it dwindles, like in my gen or prior gayatri devi was a big icon, current younger gen I am not sure even knows who she is,  wealth too  will die out unless they generate new sources.

yes agree, some glorification still happens in fashion, magazines etc 

i think the official abolition is most important, as once titles and official recognition are not there it is difficult to sustain the importance 

TakingAStand2 thumbnail

not only do I agree with your assessment of Diana, I just want to say, Indian Royalty have been much more productive post being stripped of their titles. They have sought real power and wealth by using their legacies to run for political office and run multi million dollar businesses. 

Many people think if BRF is disbanded they will simply go away, and become irrelevant. That simply will not ve the case. It won’t take Harry or even William long before they go for political office and seek power through democracy. They will simply grow their wealth and power. Just look at Camilla’s family, or the litany of low rung royalty in Britain.

Can you imagine a disbanded BRF I bet Harry comes running back to Britain to run for PM. People ought to be careful what they wish for. 😂😂

Originally posted by: vcs17

😆

respect I think is more colonial hangover, with each passing generation it dwindles, like in my gen or prior gayatri devi was a big icon, current younger gen I am not sure even knows who she is,  wealth too  will die out unless they generate new sources.

yes agree, some glorification still happens in fashion, magazines etc 

i think the official abolition is most important, as once titles and official recognition are not there it is difficult to sustain the importance 

Lmao! It has nothing to do with “colonial hangover”! The British didn’t have anything to do with this. The respect was from centuries before. 😆 B/c royalty ruled India, it was essentially, just small-medium-large-massive kingdoms with little unity amongst them. Hence it was so easy for the British to break in. 

Nah, I disagree, they still get a lot of respect. 😆 They gain power by entering politics, and a LOT of royal families, have untold amounts of wealth + they turn their palaces into stunning hotels so that’s more than enough to generate vast incomes. Just look at the Mewar/Marwar/Jaipur  etc royal families. The Jaipur royal family’s on-paper net-worth is estimated to be $3-4 BILLION, apparently. And that’s just on-paper. They must’ve far far more assets & wealth that we don’t know anything about.

Maharani Gayatri Devi was a phenomenon, a very low-scale Princess Diana so can’t be compared to other royal ladies. 

Anyway, Indira Gandhi famously did that b/c she was wildly jealous of Gayatri Devi. 😆 So her reasons were only personal, and not at all for the good of the country. It was an incredibly petty move b/c the poor lot was first

Told nothing would happen to their titles etc. She shouldn’t have gone back on her word, or shouldn’t have made it. But it is what it is. 

Originally posted by: TakingAStand2

not only do I agree with your assessment of Diana, I just want to say, Indian Royalty have been much more productive post being stripped of their titles. They have sought real power and wealth by using their legacies to run for political office and run multi million dollar businesses. 

Many people think if BRF is disbanded they will simply go away, and become irrelevant. That simply will not ve the case. It won’t take Harry or even William long before they go for political office and seek power through democracy. They will simply grow their wealth and power. Just look at Camilla’s family, or the litany of low rung royalty in Britain.

Can you imagine a disbanded BRF I bet Harry comes running back to Britain to run for PM. People ought to be careful what they wish for. 😂😂

THIS!!!

Finally someone who understands history & thinks logically. 😆😆 The Indian Royal families are still deeply respected + very very wealthy, idk how anyone can argue to the contrary but this forum has all sorts. 😆

If the BRF is ever abolished, they’ll still have tonnes of wealth, and now, can live as private citizens. Which GUESS WHAT? Means they can run for Political office. Which means they can rule you if they get elected. There  is a reason why the BRF are famously NON- political, in every way possible, that’s how they survive in the modern age. 

I’ve Brit family , (mostly anti-monarchy though) a lot of Brits, are still deeply attached to the BRF. And the amount of revenue they bring in, is amazing for the British economy. Anyway, the BRF aren’t going anywhere I feel, for the next atleast 50 years or so. 1 day, they won’t be as deeply revered or have any soft power like they do, but I ask you- An institution that has not only survived, but thrived, for 1000 years, how difficult would it be to dismantle them. 

TakingAStand2 thumbnail

THIS!!!

Finally someone who understands history & thinks logically. 😆😆 The Indian Royal families are still deeply respected + very very wealthy, idk how anyone can argue to the contrary but this forum has all sorts. 😆

If the BRF is ever abolished, they’ll still have tonnes of wealth, and now, can live as private citizens. Which GUESS WHAT? Means they can run for Political office. Which means they can rule you if they get elected. There  is a reason why the BRF are famously NON- political, in every way possible, that’s how they survive in the modern age. 

I’ve Brit family , (mostly anti-monarchy though) a lot of Brits, are still deeply attached to the BRF. And the amount of revenue they bring in, is amazing for the British economy. Anyway, the BRF aren’t going anywhere I feel, for the next atleast 50 years or so. 1 day, they won’t be as deeply revered or have any soft power like they do, but I ask you- An institution that has not only survived, but thrived, for 1000 years, how difficult would it be to dismantle them. 

Yup! Not to mention the thousands of jobs they provide, patronage to brands, etc. It costs taxpayers very few pounds to fund the royals for the benefits they reap. 

what people don’t understand is royalty in Europe is very deeply rooted and interconnected via marriages. From the 100 year war to Catherine of Aragon to WW II, they are all related and connected with too much blood between them. I don’t want to turn it into a history lesson, but You can’t dismantle them because you decided to get woke. Sorry. 😂

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Lmao! It has nothing to do with “colonial hangover”! The British didn’t have anything to do with this. The respect was from centuries before. 😆 B/c royalty ruled India, it was essentially, just small-medium-large-massive kingdoms with little unity amongst them. Hence it was so easy for the British to break in. 

Nah, I disagree, they still get a lot of respect. 😆 They gain power by entering politics, and a LOT of royal families, have untold amounts of wealth + they turn their palaces into stunning hotels so that’s more than enough to generate vast incomes. Just look at the Mewar/Marwar/Jaipur  etc royal families. The Jaipur royal family’s on-paper net-worth is estimated to be $3-4 BILLION, apparently. And that’s just on-paper. They must’ve far far more assets & wealth that we don’t know anything about.

Maharani Gayatri Devi was a phenomenon, a very low-scale Princess Diana so can’t be compared to other royal ladies. 

Anyway, Indira Gandhi famously did that b/c she was wildly jealous of Gayatri Devi. 😆 So her reasons were only personal, and not at all for the good of the country. It was an incredibly petty move b/c the poor lot was first

Told nothing would happen to their titles etc. She shouldn’t have gone back on her word, or shouldn’t have made it. But it is what it is. 

colonial hangover here in the sense of conditioning of upholding colonial and feudal structures, the newer gens who are born long after independence will not be under that mindset

it is obviously from the feudal times, but british literally propped them up used them as pawns to rule the minds of the ppl, 

what has been there for centuries is not going to die down in 70+ years, the whole turning their palaces into properties is because they cant sustain it. it is dwindling and will not die in few years but the trend shows it, the new rich are adanis and ambanis, no way are some royal families generating wealth now and when you dont generate and just keep eating at it even the biggest estates will die down eventually

obviously they entered politics to hang on the power but unless they perform and win elections they are not sustaining there too 

gayatri devi is an example of known royalty thats all, in india we never had one royal family like the british 

as for indira gandhi she did it for her own power, but as long the decision was good what does the motive matter and good that she duped them,  most of these royalty did nothing but fight with each other and even sided with the british in their pettiness 

imagine these royalty holding to some meaningless titles why should they be entitled in anything in a democracy