Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

Tushar and Ekta don’t talk about it much or at all, not that I’ve heard or read anyway. I think KJo has a little. All we know is that his twins were born in London as premies.  So that probably means the entire process was done in England.  I don’t know where Ekta and Tushar had things done. Ekta probably outside of India. When Tushar had his kid I think surrogacy laws were more laxed in India.  There is no reason to think that the three have not used their own sperm/egg here, and given their financial resources I’m sure they had their pick of the best potential sperm/egg for their offsprings.  

Now to the speculation and gossip section of my post 😆.  While Tushar and Ekta have obviously picked donors similar to themselves to ensure their kids will look like them and their family members, I’m not sure KJo has done the same. His kids can easily pass for white/Caucasian right down to their brownish almost blonde hair as toddlers. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Tushar and Ekta don’t talk about it much or at all, not that I’ve heard or read anyway. I think KJo has a little. All we know is that his twins were born in London as premies.  So that probably means the entire process was done in England.  I don’t know where Ekta and Tushar had things done. Ekta probably outside of India. When Tushar had his kid I think surrogacy laws were more laxed in India.  There is no reason to think that the three have not used their own sperm/egg here, and given their financial resources I’m sure they had their pick of the best potential sperm/egg for their offsprings.  

Now to the speculation and gossip section of my post 😆.  While Tushar and Ekta have obviously picked donors similar to themselves to ensure their kids will look like them and their family members, I’m not sure KJo has done the same. His kids can easily pass for white/Caucasian right down to their brownish almost blonde hair as toddlers

I wonder that too! They are very cute with their antics and all. But I always think the mom had to be Caucasian. They have his features but very dirty brunette/ blonde hair. 

I had light brown hair as a baby it became darker as I got older. But his kids don’t look completely Indian. He did the procedure in London. Maybe there was a Caucasian lady with good intelligence and a good family health history. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

There are many types of surrogacy. 

If you don't care to have biological children: You can adopt the child of an already pregnant woman. You can fertilize the surrogate's ovum with a donor's sperm. You can implant a donor's ovum fertilized with a donor's sperm into the surrogate's womb.

If you want biological children, there are many permutations and combinations depending on whether you produce the sperm or ovum. You can fertilize the surrogate's ovum with your sperm. You can implant a donor's ovum fertilized with your sperm into the surrogate's womb. You can implant your egg with a donor's sperm into the surrogate's womb. 

If their surrogate kids are their biological kids, then I assume KJo and Tusshar Kapoor used their sperm for the IVF. The ovum was either the surrogate's own or from a donor.  Similarly, I assume Ekta had her ovum fertilized with a donor's sperm implanted in the surrogate. 

The choice of donors varies. You can get a donor from a fertility bank. Fertility banks let you choose if you want to know the donor or leave them anonymous. Sometimes people ask someone they know to be a donor - in that case, anonymity is not an option. Most people choose complete anonymity because knowing a child is your biological child can complicate relations. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Now to the speculation and gossip section of my post 😆.  While Tushar and Ekta have obviously picked donors similar to themselves to ensure their kids will look like them and their family members, I’m not sure KJo has done the same. His kids can easily pass for white/Caucasian right down to their brownish almost blonde hair as toddlers. 

It may or may not be intentional. You never know what recessive genes may become dominant in a generation. There are instances where a fair child is born to dark parents or a child gets born with blue or green eyes to parents with brown/black eyes. 

Since surrogacy developed in western countries way earlier than in India, the systems and processes are much more advanced. So it is not unusual for a well-to-do Indian like KJo to pick a foreign surrogate. With mixed-race kids, it's a luck of the draw whose features they get. 

It should also be noted that children tend to be born with paler features. Many desi babies look Caucasian at birth, but melanin kicks in later. One of my cousins was extremely fair as a child. Everyone assumed he would grow up to be almost Caucasian looking as an adult. But once he got to 8 or so, he started getting darker. Now he looks clearly very desi. Blonde hair is actually very rare even in the west. Most hair darkens to black or various shades of brown. Blondes appear to be so common because most blondes dye their hair blonde. 

But knowing KJo it is entirely possible he picked a Caucasian surrogate intentionally so that his kids would be more Caucasian looking. But unless he picked a Caucasian sperm donor - he still played with probabilities. 

---

As Sheldon Cooper points out in the Big Bang Theory pilot, choosing specific sperm or ovum is pretty much pointless. Due to how genetics work there is no guarantee of any traits passing onto children. Unless you completely engineer a baby in a lab carefully choosing which genes they get - the physical, intellectual, and behavioral traits are a luck of the draw - and the adult personality is a mix of nature vs nurture.

Edited by return_to_hades - 1 years ago
Supari_khala thumbnail

Same way everyone else gets kids. Hell if I know 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

I love the BBT reference 👍🏼

I get what you are saying overall. Personally I feel that the kids are biologically KJo’s because I feel like I see some similarities in the features between the kids and KJo. This is KJo as a small kid, probably the same age as his twins are now and I think the twins look like him.  But I also think he went for a Caucasian donor and played with probability as you said.  

32F68A67-338D-4BF4-B5B5-CB2611CD3FB0.jpegB38466B6-2BB9-4CD5-8FF4-1B05D03733C3.jpeg

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

It may or may not be intentional. You never know what recessive genes may become dominant in a generation. There are instances where a fair child is born to dark parents or a child gets born with blue or green eyes to parents with brown/black eyes. 

Since surrogacy developed in western countries way earlier than in India, the systems and processes are much more advanced. So it is not unusual for a well-to-do Indian like KJo to pick a foreign surrogate. With mixed-race kids, it's a luck of the draw whose features they get. 

It should also be noted that children tend to be born with paler features. Many desi babies look Caucasian at birth, but melanin kicks in later. One of my cousins was extremely fair as a child. Everyone assumed he would grow up to be almost Caucasian looking as an adult. But once he got to 8 or so, he started getting darker. Now he looks clearly very desi. Blonde hair is actually very rare even in the west. Most hair darkens to black or various shades of brown. Blondes appear to be so common because most blondes dye their hair blonde. 

But knowing KJo it is entirely possible he picked a Caucasian surrogate intentionally so that his kids would be more Caucasian looking. But unless he picked a Caucasian sperm donor - he still played with probabilities. 

---

As Sheldon Cooper points out in the Big Bang Theory pilot, choosing specific sperm or ovum is pretty much pointless. Due to how genetics work there is no guarantee of any traits passing onto children. Unless you completely engineer a baby in a lab carefully choosing which genes they get - the physical, intellectual, and behavioral traits are a luck of the draw - and the adult personality is a mix of nature vs nurture.

No his kids def resemble him too strictly facial features-wise. But they are caucasianan looking. 

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

There are many types of surrogacy. 

If you don't care to have biological children: You can adopt the child of an already pregnant woman. You can fertilize the surrogate's ovum with a donor's sperm. You can implant a donor's ovum fertilized with a donor's sperm into the surrogate's womb.

If you want biological children, there are many permutations and combinations depending on whether you produce the sperm or ovum. You can fertilize the surrogate's ovum with your sperm. You can implant a donor's ovum fertilized with your sperm into the surrogate's womb. You can implant your egg with a donor's sperm into the surrogate's womb. 

If their surrogate kids are their biological kids, then I assume KJo and Tusshar Kapoor used their sperm for the IVF. The ovum was either the surrogate's own or from a donor.  Similarly, I assume Ekta had her ovum fertilized with a donor's sperm implanted in the surrogate. 

The choice of donors varies. You can get a donor from a fertility bank. Fertility banks let you choose if you want to know the donor or leave them anonymous. Sometimes people ask someone they know to be a donor - in that case, anonymity is not an option. Most people choose complete anonymity because knowing a child is your biological child can complicate relations. 

Thanks for the detailed information on surrogacy and fertility bank! 👍🏼