Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

The IIPM point is totally valid. SRK should have apologised for it. It ruined futures of many students. A big superstar like SRK had his own responsibility. He should not have endorsed IIPM nor attended their quiz or fest.

Other points are not that valid. 

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Clochette

Who defines this "when it's needed"??? You??? And do you even listen to SRK when he speaks about India??? The love for his country is to hear for everybody who doesn't shut the ears, he is very clear with his love for India. And if people don't want to hear (and see) that but in the contrary shower him with unwarranted hate for even the most ridiculous reasons then why should he cater to the so-called "when it's needed". In any way, it would get turned against him.

As for the endorsements: there are some I would prefer he wouldn't do but I would not judge him for doing them as I would not judge any other person. At least he doesn't endorse violence and hate!

In addition, it's not SRK who is responsible for what people find wrong with the businesses he endorses.

So there is nothing wrong in him endorsing a fraud brand and supari brand which is harmful. Right noted 🫡 

Aur Kya Kya maaf hai Srk wo bhi bata do..

Zeal17 thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

The IIPM point is totally valid. SRK should have apologised for it. It ruined futures of many students. A big superstar like SRK had his own responsibility. He should not have endorsed IIPM nor attended their quiz or fest.

Other points are not that valid. 

Byju also have many complaints/fraud +courts cases and it's not far from becoming another IIPM..

But other points matter as well. Supari shouldnt be endorse by any celebrity.. Srk is a superstar.. should be ashamed of doing it. I say any celebrity be it Askhay, Amitabh any celeb be it my fav doing it should be ashamed. 

snatch thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

That's more than wrong what you state here, Zeal. It makes me think that you - like too many people - just focus on what fits your agenda. obliterating everything SRK has said (and still says) in favour of his homeland.

Only because he doesn't openly support the current prevailing political opinions, doesn't make him biased against India and in favour of Pakistan. In the contrary, YOUR thinking, Zeal, is biased.

nobody is saying he should support current ruling government. i am not an admirer of current government either but that is our internal issue. i have always liked srk and always stood by his decisions but this is something unacceptable, sorry.!

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

snatch, that's why I ask what exactly is meant with "when it's needed"...

Could you please let me know, what exactly is unacceptable? (something I wrote or something SRK did/did not?)

Zeal, I wrote that I'm not sympathetic to every endorsement he does/did /continues to do (to name some: Fair&Handsome, IIPM, Byju, Supari). There is no excuse to do them.

However my liking for ShahRukh has nothing to do with wanting him to be flawless.

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

What is byju and iipm?

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Wonder if the Kapoor kids also feel this way cz their Dad was from Pak too

HearMeRoar thumbnail

snatch, that's why I ask what exactly is meant with "when it's needed"...

Could you please let me know, what exactly is unacceptable? (something I wrote or something SRK did/did not?)

Zeal, I wrote that I'm not sympathetic to every endorsement he does/did /continues to do (to name some: Fair&Handsome, IIPM, Byju, Supari). There is no excuse to do them.

However my liking for ShahRukh has nothing to do with wanting him to be flawless.

This is not about wanting him to be flawless.

It's about understanding he unintentionally promoted a scam and issuing an apology for it.

You've said before you're not Indian, so I'm going to Indiansplain something. It's not the same as a Western celeb endorsing something. If Kim Kardashian endorses Balenciaga, young women might buy the product. KK can backtrack and denounce Balenciaga after they went all pedophile-chic. It's still some young women who lost their money.

In India, someone like SRK is regarded as a hero, not simply an actor. It's not the hero of the story, Rahul Malhotra. It's SRK, hero in real life. When he endorses something, people have an expectation of truth. A bank, a coaching center, a cosmetic... if SRK has said it's good, it must be good.

Ordinary people get fleeced. They assume fair is the only way to be. They get cancer. 

Call it the population's fault for being so naive, but it's the same naivete which made SRK the hero he is. I do believe he should apologize. And perhaps be more careful in the products he endorses. It's not like the old days when he had to grab whatever job that came to him. Man can afford to be choosy.

Zeal17 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BettyA1

What is byju and iipm?

Shahrukh Khan was the brand ambassador of IIPM(fake institute) and Arindam Chaudhari (who is in jaill). Byjunis also usi kagaar par hai

Edited by Zeal17 - 1 years ago
Purple5 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: BettyA1

What is byju and iipm?

I also want to know. I see byju written on cricketers’ polos. Also saw them advertise at Qatar stadium