The Curious Case of Shah Rukh Khan - Page 4

Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by Zeal17

Shahrukh Khan was the brand ambassador of IIPM(fake institute) and Arindam Chaudhari (who is in jaill). Byjunis also usi kagaar par hai

I wasn’t aware he endorsed a fake institute. Even if he wasn’t aware before, now that he is he should apologize if that’s the case. I wish celebrities would research what they are advertising and not just look at the money. 

HMR, I understand your point of view...and I agree.

If the "when it's needed" refers to this, then yes, it's not okay to keep mum (or to continue the endorsement).

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago

WHy was this moved to DM?😕

With re: India-Pak. It's best SRK stay quiet. Whatever he says will be misconstrued and twisted to suit a particular agenda. I have heard the man speak enough on India at forums where he is less likely to be misrepresented to understand his love for his homeland. 

I mean, most people posting on that Twitter thread (and here) would not have been able to tolerate a tenth of what SRK went through with his son's arrest without moving out of the country.

Yet here is SRK, continuing to live in his motherland, not saying a word about the torture he was put through by the ruling party's minions. 

Dude has proved his love for India over and over in his life and actions. Mouthing off on Twitter and IF is easy. Try living your claims. Then talk.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago

SRK has always been a money hungry man.

He has endorsed anything as long as he got money. He can do anything for money. I am not surprised he endorsed fairness creams, IIPM or Byju or tobacco products.

Or smokes openly in interviews too or speaks carelessly without  bothering about impact on kids or youth.

Same goes for Salman who endorses fairness creams or defended riot accused politicians.

I have stopped seeing any filmi shitbag as some icon. I hope and wish media stopped hyping them as gods.

Originally posted by HearMeRoar

WHy was this moved to DM?😕

Wow Moderators.. do you have any reason of moving it to DM? 

Originally posted by HearMeRoar

With re: India-Pak. It's best SRK stay quiet. Whatever he says will be misconstrued and twisted to suit a particular agenda. I have heard the man speak enough on India at forums where he is less likely to be misrepresented to understand his love for his homeland. 

I mean, most people posting on that Twitter thread (and here) would not have been able to tolerate a tenth of what SRK went through with his son's arrest without moving out of the country.

Yet here is SRK, continuing to live in his motherland, not saying a word about the torture he was put through by the ruling party's minions. 

Dude has proved his love for India over and over in his life and actions. Mouthing off on Twitter and IF is easy. Try living your claims. Then talk.

I don't know what you mean by misconstrued and twisted.. celebrities like him are very active on doing promotions, advertisements and aaltu-faltu tweets but when it matters most they are not to be seen around. As I previously said someone of his stature speaking for the country or speaking for an ongoing issue would really make a difference. 

Let me mention one example.. Many celebrities spoke or tweeted in support of Indian Army when India lauched airstrikes against Pakistan on terrorist locations, just saying I'm with you Indian Army or I support Indian Army cannot be misunderstood in any way.😕 

There are many such instances before Aryan fiasco when he could have voiced his opinion but he didn't.

Originally posted by Zeal17

I don't know what you mean by misconstrued and twisted.. celebrities like him are very active on doing promotions, advertisements and aaltu-faltu tweets but when it matters most they are not to be seen around. As I previously said someone of his stature speaking for the country or speaking for an ongoing issue would really make a difference. 

Let me mention one example.. Many celebrities spoke or tweeted in support of Indian Army when India lauched airstrikes against Pakistan on terrorist locations, just saying I'm with you Indian Army or I support Indian Army cannot be misunderstood in any way.😕 

There are many such instances before Aryan fiasco when he could have voiced his opinion but he didn't.

Like I said, talk is cheap. Tweeting is just virtue signaling. Gets them brownie points with the in crowd. 

In SRK's case, it might actually backfire. Calls to return to Pakistan even if he says something in support of Indian army.

Let the celebs who supported the Indian army go through what SRK did and still cling to his homeland. 

Actions>>>>>>words

I'm guessing this clip is from a time when Shah Rukh was one of the leading actors of the era, (a different political climate to today's) an era when he was promoting over-reaching friendship between India and Pakistan through a film like Main Hoon Na and those attitudes were prevailing. He also did a film like Dil Se, which may be a story that needed to be told as well.

Meanwhile, in today's scenario, nationalism is a prevailing sentiment and a lot has changed since SRK was at the peak of his career. Today, an actress like Kangana is lauded for publicly speaking about her decision not to endorse fairness creams and for her uncompromising nationalistic character. She spoke of consciously rejecting a role offered to her of playing a suicide bomber and some repercussions that she faced for that. She walks the talk by choosing the projects that she can relate to now. Can we expect the likes of Shah Rukh to suddenly adapt to this era of more social media scrutiny, greater expectations of social responsibility and accountability and become more palatable to the ruling regime? I don't think it's fair to expect that someone can change so much at this age. People can only be honest about putting their voice behind what they believe in and support. Like SRK for example meeting Mamta Bannerjee recently or Kangana's patronage of the ruling government and criticism of the opposition and at what cost it came to her. It's the public's choice if they want to make the celebs their role models but those days seem to be ending. Celebs can no longer "sell" an image to the public like they might have been able to do in the past.

Am sure he loves his homeland and would lay down his life for it, and it's okay even if he doesn't..

And same stand on him not speaking up for India

But rooting for Pak during an India-Pak cricket match? That's different

Very contentious and sensitive issue in India, must be in Pak too

The reason he gives is his father is a Pakistani? But when his dad was born am sure Pakistan didn't exist

Whom did his father root for during India-Pak cricket match, am curious to know

Not sure if any leading Pak actor would say, at least without any backlash "I am happy when India beats Pak in a cricket match"