Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

letha -- rather than katha, it is viaan who viewers might struggle to get behind as a ML. people will able to understand that this is a very difficult choice for katha as she isn't a fast type of person. however, she is making that choice for her son's life. what might be hard to understand is viaan. there are lot of clashing parts to his personality -- he loves his mom, gets upset at the employee lady but thinks rather low of women and relationships in general. so lot will depend on the actor's ability to humanize the character to show different facets so that people see a whole person to viaan. he is not going to be the typical ML that we are used to in any form. 

@bold

I really hope this is the case. The actor is great at portraying angst but the character needs good writing as well or will seem one-dimensional. In the original, the FL never loses her dignity and poise despite her hardships and the ML, despite doing something terrible and unforgettable, leaves no stone unturned to make amends and win her love and respect over time. He is willing to wait as long as it takes to help her heal from the wound he gave her and to fully accept him. You can't help but slowly appreciate him and cheer him on as he puts in the effort. This is what the ML here will have to do so that people eventually warm up to him. 

Because he's not painted as a typical angry young man or spoilt womanizer type, it will be interesting to see how they gradually show us his inner conflict and the torment in his soul once he starts to repent, and then his journey to become the greatest, most patient lover ever . 

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: inlieu

@bold

I really hope this is the case. The actor is great at portraying angst but the character needs good writing as well or will seem one-dimensional. In the original, the FL never loses her dignity and poise despite her hardships and the ML, despite doing something terrible and unforgettable, leaves no stone unturned to make amends and win her love and respect over time. He is willing to wait as long as it takes to help her heal from the wound he gave her and to fully accept him. You can't help but slowly appreciate him and cheer him on as he puts in the effort. This is what the ML here will have to do so that people eventually warm up to him. 

Because he's not painted as a typical angry young man or spoilt womanizer type, it will be interesting to see how they gradually show us his inner conflict and the torment in his soul once he starts to repent, and then his journey to become the greatest, most patient lover ever . 

when I first watched the dizi, I was thinking "this guy is bald and not good looking. what is the hype here?" 🤣 but it was so well acted that I forgot he was bald and was not surprised the two actors fell in love in real life though I still think the actress is way better looking than him. 😂

that said, this is one of those dramas that requires both good writing as well as acting. this is a story that is all about nuances and squarely in the grey. so there are bound to be debates.I haven't seen this actor before but based on the few episodes that has aired, I do think he has the acting chops to pull it off. 

P.S -- love how you make your points so short and quick. I keep writing essays. 🤣

inlieu thumbnail

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

when I first watched the dizi, I was thinking "this guy is bald and not good looking. what is the hype here?" 🤣 but it was so well acted that I forgot he was bald and was not surprised the two actors fell in love in real life though I still think the actress is way better looking than him. 😂

that said, this is one of those dramas that requires both good writing as well as acting. this is a story that is all about nuances and squarely in the grey. so there are bound to be debates.I haven't seen this actor before but based on the few episodes that has aired, I do think he has the acting chops to pull it off. 

P.S -- love how you make your points so short and quick. I keep writing essays. 🤣

Halit is a brilliant actor! The character is the focus in dizis, not (just) the looks. He has piercing eyes, though. The actor, Adnan, great and is perfect for this role so I'm praying he gets good material to work with. 

Keep the essays coming! I love reading detailed posts and people's analysis. ITV shows rarely give you such thought-provoking topics, so I love it when a rare show comes up, usually on Sony. I've been waiting for ages for a show that would stir debate and bring me back to IF full-time for discussions. Hoping this one keeps the momentum! 

Edited by inlieu - 1 years ago
mango.falooda thumbnail

Halit is a brilliant actor! The character is the focus in dizis, not (just) the looks. He has piercing eyes, though. The actor is great and is perfect for this role so I'm praying he gets good material to work with. 

Keep the essays coming! I love reading detailed posts and people's analysis. ITV shows rarely give you such thought-provoking shows, so I love it when a rare show comes up, usually on Sony. I've been waiting for ages for a show that would stir debate and bring me back to IF full-time for discussions. Hoping this one keeps the momentum! 

hahahah... I have to really like a show or it should just make me think. then the essays flows a bit too much as I am enjoying myself 🤣. otherwise, I tend to be short and snarky or just ranting or laughing at the illogical aspects. 😂 

so I appreciate those who keep it short and to the point and still manage to convey context for a serious note. 👍🏼

I have a good feeling about this drama but it is possible that it might be contentious given the themes. one reason I write essays is based on my experience with other drama forums and some mature themes like EMA which get people riled up. 

we are all anonymous on the internet. so we don't know anything besides the DP name. so we have no idea what the background is -- their age, their family, their experiences, their location, their beliefs -- and how that has shaped their reaction to the drama. often there are lot of nuances and people can be having very different reaction from you. it can be hard to translate that nuance and feelings into words. therefore, forums can get heated as people are not able to understand what someone is saying and go on a defense mode. 

my view is that we may not have to agree with someone but when we get an idea into how they are framing their reaction, it is easier to hear them out and not be reactive. it is also good to hear another perspective even if you disagree because it makes you think. 

when we have members interacting with each other from previous dramas, we 'know' each other in some sense and so it is easier to have a conversation even if we are all coming in from different perspectives. we can have fun arguments that can be hilarious even when you are on opposite sides. however, when we don't know each other, we need a little bit of context as that helps smooth discussions. 

it will be interesting to see how people react to the main plot point and especially to viaan. as you said, he is not a womanizer but neither a typical angry manchild. so definitely difficult character and story to pull off. fingers crossed!

Edited by mango.falooda - 1 years ago
Sneha2002 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2

@bold

The last line you said reminded me about Sameer Maheshwari redemption track after bet ... If anyone would have seen YUDKBH they would know .. It was very much loved track of the show ... BTW what did ML in original do to gain her forgiveness??

inlieu thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sneha2002

The last line you said reminded me about Sameer Maheshwari redemption track after bet ... If anyone would have seen YUDKBH they would know .. It was very much loved track of the show ... BTW what did ML in original do to gain her forgiveness??

He apologized over and over but most importantly showed her that he was willing to be patient while she warmed up to him, He took care of every single need of hers but tried respected to her space. Except sometimes he'd get jealous when she got a lot of attention from men for her beauty. Not sure if that angle will be played on this show. 

mango.falooda thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sneha2002

basically a lot of groveling and staring contests. bring on the romantic cheese! 🤣

itsRitzi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

While watching this vm i had one doubt when he was in meeting with dubai client he wore beige suit and then just that day few hours later he had meeting with katha he wore black suit 😆why change of clothes for short period 😆

https://twitter.com/Rubia01105208/status/1601444422800920576?t=h1ixXkasiQR0Fxkb_x37cw&s=19

rosie123 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

I watched the first episode and I got hooked. Out of curiosity, I googled the original Turkish drama. It is so intense. And was such a big hit in quite a few countries. I have never watched Adnan before. But I am liking him in this role. I love the casting. Each and every cast seems appropriate. This is a complex story and a difficult part to play. After YHM, this is the first show I am liking that involves a child with the lead pairs.

Can anybody tell me if this is a finite show? Since it's on Sony we don't have to worry about trp race. I hope the execution remains top quality till the end.    

mango.falooda thumbnail

Originally posted by: rosie123

I watched the first episode and I got hooked. Out of curiosity, I googled the original Turkish drama. It is so intense. And was such a big hit in quite a few countries. I have never watched Adnan before. But I am liking him in this role. I love the casting. Each and every cast seems appropriate. This is a complex story and a difficult part to play. After YHM, this is the first show I am liking that involves a child with the lead pairs.

Can anybody tell me if this is a finite show? Since it's on Sony we don't have to worry about trp race. I hope the execution remains top quality till the end.    

does sony not care about TRP?