Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: TheekThaak

What is the opening figure? Just checked the review thread, didn't find any. I mean anything below 7-8 cr is not a good number for Varun. Though of course, if the content is good, it might find its audience, but i dont know about the wom as well. ðŸ˜†

Should be in the 7-7.5 Cr range. This has much worse music and promotions than JJJ. So it's just your regular loyal Varun audience. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: semantic.error

Kriti just won't happen ðŸ˜†

She won’t reach next level

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

cougar, I looked up Wikipedia for the Trilogy and there is written:

"The franchise has been commercially successful, having grossed a combined ₹210 crore against a combined budget of ₹40 crore. The franchise has predominantly received positive reviews."

So, maybe Roohi had been a flop but still both together had been successful.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

A 7 cr opening seems low for a Varun Dhawan movie, specially compared to pre-pandemic numbers where even a flop like SD3 opened at around 10 or 11cr.  JJJ opened somewhere between 8-9 so for Bhediya to open below 8 seems low.  The trailer actually got a lot of buzz but eventually it sort of lost some of its hype, and then the Drishyam2 hype completely overshadowed whatever hype Bhediya had.  I know last week a couple of blue tick analysts were suggesting the movie be postponed for one week knowing Drishaym would eat into it, but postponing a movie a week before the release never works, so I don’t think the makers really had any other options.  

Varun has certainly lost his star power from the days of SD2 or Judwaa2 where his movies would open in around 15cr.  His next with Nitesh Tiwari actually has a chance of becoming a hit based solely on Tiwari’s record.  

Ahana_Sehgal21 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Ajay Devgan is the nemesis of Varun Dhawan 

Tanhaji - 1 week before Street dancer

Drishyam 2 - 1 Week before  Bhediya 

And Bhola- 1 week before Bawaal

Bhola is remake of blockbuster Kaithi and VD should change the  release date..

Sense9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

I find Varun very off putting. I am interested in the concept but I cannot go and watch him in a hall. He’s too annoying. 

Kaya65 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

7-7.5 crs seems good for a varun movie.  People's superstar last movie opened 3crs ðŸ˜† so if we compare this with that then it is not so bad.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Ahana_Sehgal21

Ajay Devgan is the nemesis of Varun Dhawan 

Tanhaji - 1 week before Street dancer

Drishyam 2 - 1 Week before  Bhediya 

And Bhola- 1 week before Bawaal

Bhola is remake of blockbuster Kaithi and VD should change the  release date..

That’s quite a pattern here ðŸ˜².  But Street dancer was probably just a bad movie and Bhediya’s WOM seems on the mix side. Nitesh Tiwari is a very credible filmmaker.  Still, you are right, they should move the release date. Bhola can be another Drishyam2.  

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

I repeat, what I wrote in the Bhediya thread:

I find it highly unfair to already discredit this movie by comparing it with Drishyam 2...

Drishiyam2 is a sequal to a successful Ajay Devgn Drishyam, which both are remakes from the equally successful Malayalam Drishyam movies. Their genre is completely different from Bhediya.

Bhediya is the third of producer Dinesh Vijan's "horror-comedy universe", Stree and Roohi being the other two. Both had been successful movies. So, why not simply wait (and even better watch) before judging?

I think even if you compare it to Stree it is going pretty bad. Varun is honestly neither great looking or a great actor by any means. He is a cool, chill and funny guy. 

Kriti is overrated looks wise. But a very decent actress. Neither have super star potential. Even her acting isn’t amazing. 

Shraddha was the best looking of her time out of the newcomers and nepo girls. And RajKumar Rao is an outstanding actor IMO.

I hope this film does decent. Nothing against Bollywood. Besides they seriously need a talent hunt at this point. 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

I think Bhediya will do good if more people go see it, opening measures star power and we know it's Varun and Kriti so that's understandably low compared to one of the 90s stars.