Bhediya opening sends shockwaves in the industry !!!

Posted: 1 years ago

The opening day no for Bhediya  is below Dirshyam Day 8 collection . 

Varun Dhawan is on lean patch since 2017( Judwaa 2)

https://www.addatoday.com/2022/11/bhediya-friday-1st-day-box-office.html

Edited by Ahana_Sehgal21 - 1 years ago

I kind of like Varun, didn't want this movie to crash so bad ๐Ÿค”

Originally posted by TheekThaak

I kind of like Varun, didn't want this movie to crash so bad ๐Ÿค”

It's honestly not doing that bad though. It's Varun's usual opening and will get to a respectable number. Not sure why all the headlines around it are so dramatic๐Ÿ˜†

They are comparing it to Drishyam 2. On it's own, Bhediya is doing decent. It can easily get to hit status on WOM and also the budget is also not too high. 

I repeat, what I wrote in the Bhediya thread:

I find it highly unfair to already discredit this movie by comparing it with Drishyam 2...

Drishiyam2 is a sequal to a successful Ajay Devgn Drishyam, which both are remakes from the equally successful Malayalam Drishyam movies. Their genre is completely different from Bhediya.

Bhediya is the third of producer Dinesh Vijan's "horror-comedy universe", Stree and Roohi being the other two. Both had been successful movies. So, why not simply wait (and even better watch) before judging?

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago

Varun waiting for a clean hit since 2017.

Originally posted by semantic.error

It's honestly not doing that bad though. It's Varun's usual opening and will get to a respectable number. Not sure why all the headlines around it are so dramatic๐Ÿ˜†

What is the opening figure? Just checked the review thread, didn't find any. I mean anything below 7-8 cr is not a good number for Varun. Though of course, if the content is good, it might find its audience, but i dont know about the wom as well. ๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by Clochette

I repeat, what I wrote in the Bhediya thread:

I find it highly unfair to already discredit this movie by comparing it with Drishyam 2...

Drishiyam2 is a sequal to a successful Ajay Devgn Drishyam, which both are remakes from the equally successful Malayalam Drishyam movies. Their genre is completely different from Bhediya.

Bhediya is the third of producer Dinesh Vijan's "horror-comedy universe", Stree and Roohi being the other two. Both had been successful movies. So, why not simply wait (and even better watch) before judging?

๐Ÿ˜•

seriously what is the definition of success these days? 

one simple check on google can show you the verdict, roohi was an outright FLOP!