Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: Nikita_99503

Okay so there are two FLs actually who are crazy... I will talk about the first one now.

So, this is a story about an orphan getting adopted by a Duke. The Duke has a reputation of being cold hearted and it is famously known in the empire that the moment a child meets his eye, they just end up getting scared and crying. This is because their family is blessed by special powers which they have named as "The Beast's fangs". It is actually an overpowering magic that instils an instinctual fear response. The FL is the only one who was able to look into his eye bravely. He later realised that the FL actually carries his family's genes and is actually his niece, the daughter of his sister who eloped with her lover.

Now, the FL is crazy in several ways...

First, after getting adopted she informs the Duke that the orphanage where she was kept was a hub of corruption. The Dean of the orphanage along with his employees actually stole all the money that was sent for the kids living there. They were even planning to sell a few girls to brothels for a large amount of gold. When the Duke asks if he should kill everyone there as a punishment, his secretary tries to stop him saying that one shouldn't say such things in front of kids as they get scared. But instead of getting scared, the FL is like: "Don't kill them because killing them will be an easy solution. Instead you should torture them to such an extent that they should beg you for death as a way to save themselves from the torture." She then proceeds to list gruesome ways to torture them which includes putting their hands and feet in boiling oil, cutting off their fingers, ears and nose and so on. smiley39

She absolutely does not take any bullshit from anyone and unlike other FLs, isn't kind at all to those who hurt her and her family and friends. In fact, she returns each and every insult back to them hundred-fold. 

Another time was also an interesting one. Since the Duke adopted her, rumours spread around that she is actually his illegitimate daughter. And the tutor arranged for her was bullying her by spewing underhanded comments of how she will always remain a low-born and so on. She literally went on a rampage after holding it in for quite long. In retaliation, the Duke kicked her out of his dukedom after severely punishing her.

Also, both father-daughter duo are sassy as hell. Example in one scene where the maid gets her dressed up nicely, he jokingly says "you're still ugly despite this dress" and she literally replies "blame your own gene for that as I am your sister's daughter." smiley36

I am just at the beginning but every chapter has me laughing like crazy... 

Tomorrow I'll tell you about the actual batshit crazy FL... I am off to sleep right now and it will be quite a long essay so I'll post it tomorrow.

This novel seems fun. smiley15 smiley15 smiley15

Nikita_99503 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

Okay, so this story with a batshit crazy FL is a revenge + time-travel drama. First, let me describe the characters.

Male lead:

He is the emperor of the strongest empire on the entire continent. His empire is famous for people having healing magic. His father was an abusive tyrant and a womanizer. He had 10 wives and 20+ kids. The ML is the son of one of the mistresses and would have been disposed off had it not been for the fact that he was the strongest in the continent with healing powers. He had a special power that if his healing powers reached the maximum level, he could use divine magic to turn back time but it could be used only once in his lifetime. Throughout his life, he was abused by his father in order to "improve his healing magic to reach the divine level". In one instance, his father literally murdered an entire troop of the army just so that he could practice his healing skills. Due to all the torture he went through, he became an emotionless psycho who only cared about how people would be of use to him. He had to fight a bloody battle for the throne with his siblings and as a retaliation of all the torture he went through during his childhood, he even killed off his father. 

He has six concubines but not because he likes sleeping around. Two concubines were sent when he signed a peace treaty with his neighbouring countries even though he didn't ask for that. It was simply a measure to keep the countries in check so that they don't backstab him and that was done because he had just ascended the throne and didn't have a substantial power. The third one was sent as a hostage by a defeated country just so that the ML would spare their prince. She is the sweetest character out there. The fourth one was sent by another kingdom in exchange for fuel trade. Since the ML's kingdom was a cold one, they needed a lot of fuel. The king of the other country put forth the condition of taking the princess as a concubine in order to agree to the trade. The fifth was sent for the same reason except for the fact that she was a sadist and a psychopath who fell in love with him at first sight and persuaded her father to make the deal. The last one was the daughter of the most powerful noble in his kingdom and he accepted her because one, she was extremely cunning and jealous so she would keep all other concubine offers away and her being in the palace would keep her father in check so that he wouldn't cause a revolt against him.

Female lead:

She is the princess of an enemy kingdom; is an absolute genius when it comes to politics, strategizing and warfare. But she was a literal dumbass when it came to family. Her family literally raised her as a scapegoat so that they could pin all their crimes on her and have her persecuted for treason. They played the role of a sweet family while burdening her with all the responsibilities. She was isolated, overburdened, never allowed even a small bit of freedom and had to take care of everything alone. Yet, she always firmly believed that her family loved her and was doing everything for the benefit of their country. I don't want to say it (and don't get me wrong) but she was such a pathetic character when it came to her family that she couldn't even stop them when they openly participated in illegal schemes.

She was the daughter of the queen with her first husband aka the previous king. She and her then lover (aka her current husband and king) killed the king and usurped the throne. The entire family hates her because she is the strongest among them when it comes to fire magic power. Since the son is supposed to succeed the throne, they sweet talked her into dyeing her hair black to hide her blonde hair, take care of all the official duties while staying cooped up in the palace and so on while pretending that she is an awful, evil woman who has them in her stronghold and is forcing them to make all the decisions against their own kingdom eg, raising taxes unfairly, indulging in criminal activities and so on. They started a war against the ML's kingdom and put the blame on the FL. When she was captured by the ML's army, the ML actually revealed her family's plan to her and offered her a marriage in return of her helping his country but she absolutely refused to believe a single word of him. His concubines tortured her during her captivity. She was blinded, burnt, drowned in water, stabbed multiple times, poisoned and so on. Only the third concubine tried to help her but she refused to accept even a sip of water from her. Finally the ML healed her and sent her back to her kingdom after her father accepted to surrender. This all was just a plot to declare her a traitor and get her executed. Her faithful assistant revealed everything to her during her final moments and she was executed later on. The ML had come to see the execution in disguise and he used his power to turn back time hoping that she'd use her second chance wisely. And when she returned back in time, she promised to herself to be the villainess that everyone portrayed her to be.

Nikita_99503 thumbnail

Now, a few instances of the two being absolutely batshit crazy. But before that, just a small bit of information... This story is totally dark themed. There is cruelty, there are psychopaths, there are traitors. Only a small portion of it is light and fluffy. Rest all is dark.

1. The ML sent a marriage proposal to the FL's kingdom like last time but instead of sending the younger sister, she decided to marry him herself. When she reached there, the maids thought that she was just a timid person and insulted her right on her face. In retaliation, she destroyed her entire room and chopped off the maid's hair to scare her into submission.

2. The first concubine insulted her publicly calling her of a low birth because she had initially hid her blonde hair and had one of her friends trip her (because she was pissed off after the FL removed the black dye) causing the FL to stumble. She legit stabbed that girl's foot with her stilleto and then slashed the front of the concubine's gown open causing her to lose face.

3. Another one attacked her assistant whom she treated as a little brother and in retaliation, she burnt her face and hair... While casually sitting in front of her sipping wine. 

4. The FL's sister had tried to seduce the ML by attempting to touch him and other such antics. He legit dragged her by her hair and locked her up in the dungeon while challenging her to escape with the help of her magic powers (which he knew she had next to none). The next scene was funny though; he told everything to his wife and legit goes: "my hands feel dirty after touching your disgusting sister. Kindly take responsibility and take a walk with me in the garden while holding my hand."

5. Another enemy plans an assassination attempt against her and she along with a few soldiers kills off all the assassins and let's her hunting dogs loose on the perpetrator. He suffers a lot of injuries thanks to those well trained dogs.

Also, another point... Her revenge against the concubines was not just because they insulted her in this life and attacked people close to her but also because they tortured her in her previous life when she was held captive... And that torture was just because she refused to marry the Emperor and they were jealous because she was the only one who was proposed by the Emperor instead of the other way round.

Right now the story isn't complete... But there are several more instances like this. And a few more characters who deserve a mention... But my essay is already too long.

Edited by Nikita_99503 - 1 months ago
Nush_Rat thumbnail

Hello Sister! smiley16 smiley16 smiley16

Now that was quite a lengthy description. smiley24

Although, NGL, I'm pretty disappointed smiley13 as I thought you were going to tell me about some crazy fan-war smiley15 and here you ended up writing about another novel. smiley17

As for the novel itself, I didn't find it much interesting. Probably when you are reading it, the interaction becomes more entertaining but from the gist I felt it was about a bunch of psychopaths and there was nothing I could root for. smiley12

On a side note, have you been watching Sreejita's new show? If yes, how's she doing? smiley15 smiley15 smiley15

Nikita_99503 thumbnail

Hello Sister! smiley16 smiley16 smiley16

Hello... smiley16

Now that was quite a lengthy description. smiley24

Well yes it was... I kinda got carried away because it was for the first time I came across weird AF leads.

Although, NGL, I'm pretty disappointed smiley13 as I thought you were going to tell me about some crazy fan-war smiley15 and here you ended up writing about another novel. smiley17

Well, I did mention coming across batshit insane leads... Haven't come across fanwars.

As for the novel itself, I didn't find it much interesting. Probably when you are reading it, the interaction becomes more entertaining but from the gist I felt it was about a bunch of psychopaths and there was nothing I could root for. smiley12

Of course the novel itself is underwhelming... The only thing interesting is how the leads carry out their schemes. And yes, one negative character who is both an absolute freaking genius doctor who can cure even the most difficult to cure diseases but at the same time is a complete psychopath who enjoys dissecting corpses and literally kidnapped an entire village to use as his research specimens. The ML can neither give him the capital punishment for his crimes nor can he keep him without security because he has done some groundbreaking research and they need his developed treatment methods and medicines to improve the healthcare of the empire's people.

Rest the novel in itself is a total mess... Like I said, the only thing interesting is the schemes and the brains that are behind those. But I did tell about a batshit insane FL so I described it in detail.

On a side note, have you been watching Sreejita's new show? If yes, how's she doing? smiley15 smiley15 smiley15

Naah... Not as of now. May check up on the weekend so I can simply FF the week's episodes and check her scenes.

Btw, have you ever come across a show/movie/story where you actually feel bad for the negative character? I came across one story so I wanted to know if there were more...

Edited by Nikita_99503 - 1 months ago
Nush_Rat thumbnail

Hello... smiley16

Good evening! smiley1

Well yes it was... I kinda got carried away because it was for the first time I came across weird AF leads.

Understandably. smiley39

Well, I did mention coming across batshit insane leads... Haven't come across fanwars.

Yeah, I guess I misread your reply. smiley44 

Of course the novel itself is underwhelming... The only thing interesting is how the leads carry out their schemes. And yes, one negative character who is both an absolute freaking genius doctor who can cure even the most difficult to cure diseases but at the same time is a complete psychopath who enjoys dissecting corpses and literally kidnapped an entire village to use as his research specimens. The ML can neither give him the capital punishment for his crimes nor can he keep him without security because he has done some groundbreaking research and they need his developed treatment methods and medicines to improve the healthcare of the empire's people.

Rest the novel in itself is a total mess... Like I said, the only thing interesting is the schemes and the brains that are behind those. But I did tell about a batshit insane FL so I described it in detail.

Thank God! smiley4 

Because I felt a little sad when I said I found it boring and irrelevant. 

Naah... Not as of now. May check up on the weekend so I can simply FF the week's episodes and check her scenes.

Good decision. I have been downloading the episodes so I can catch up later. Do let me know how you find it. smiley4

Btw, have you ever come across a show/movie/story where you actually feel bad for the negative character? I came across one story so I wanted to know if there were more...

Many many times... 

Remember the last time I mentioned Naruto? I felt the majority of the villains were somewhat justified in their vengeance. Then again Castlevania...

I'm sure there are more but right now I can't remember them all. 

Nikita_99503 thumbnail
Posted: 10 days ago

Good evening! smiley1

Good evening... smiley31

How are you doing??

Good decision. I have been downloading the episodes so I can catch up later. Do let me know how you find it. smiley4

Did you catch up on the episodes? I've been busy first with Holi, then some family stuff and now Navratri. Haven't got a chance to catch up with the show...

Many many times... 

Remember the last time I mentioned Naruto? I felt the majority of the villains were somewhat justified in their vengeance. Then again Castlevania...

I'm sure there are more but right now I can't remember them all. 

Interesting... Because I came across one novel and I was literally shedding tears for the so called vamp of the novel. And no, I'm not just talking about vengeance part, I'm talking about the general story too...

Also, last but not the least... I came across two of the greenest of the green flag MLs while reading a novel. Wish we come across guys like this in real life too...

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Posted: 8 days ago

Good evening... smiley31

Good evening! smiley1

How are you doing??

I'm fine dear, how are you? 

Did you catch up on the episodes? I've been busy first with Holi, then some family stuff and now Navratri. Haven't got a chance to catch up with the show...

Nope. smiley14

I downloaded up to 20 episodes but could not watch them since I was fasting for Ramadan. And then I felt too lazy to go through all the videos so I deleted them.

Although, I caught a few glimpses of Srijeeta and I think she's nailing her role there. smiley20

Interesting... Because I came across one novel and I was literally shedding tears for the so called vamp of the novel. And no, I'm not just talking about vengeance part, I'm talking about the general story too...

Can totally relate with that. smiley2

Also, last but not the least... I came across two of the greenest of the green flag MLs while reading a novel. Wish we come across guys like this in real life too...

Yeah! smiley42

Nikita_99503 thumbnail

Good evening! smiley1

Good night now... smiley17

I'm fine dear, how are you? 

Am good too... Just a bit busy with life. 

Nope. smiley14

I downloaded up to 20 episodes but could not watch them since I was fasting for Ramadan. And then I felt too lazy to go through all the videos so I deleted them.

Although, I caught a few glimpses of Srijeeta and I think she's nailing her role there. smiley20

Same here... I too got busy with stuff and then fasting for Navratri and now I have a relative's wedding to attend. Plus my big exam in June... Have to revise the entire syllabus from class 12th to Masters level again in these two months. So, I won't be having much time to catch up with the show.

Anyways, I did have good expectations from Sreejita... So, I'm quite happy about it. 

Can totally relate with that. smiley2

That story is nicely written and the complexity of the two leads is just wow!! The FL who was made out to be the antagonist and the antagonist who pretends to be a naive and kind girl was nicely portrayed... But again, the FL overshadows her nicely. Her jaded nature because of the treatment she received plus her done with everything attitude is too good. I can literally write paragraphs about it.

The ML is another interesting character... But since I'm talking about antagonists, I won't specifically mention him here. Maybe when I describe the entire story in detail someday.

Yeah! smiley42

I swear! These two are some of the best MLs I've come across... The stories are not that much unique or full of numerous twists and turns but the characters of the leads are nicely done. The first story is an absolute tear jerker (I was crying after every second or third chapter) and the second one is an intense revenge drama but with emotions. The MLs are simply delights to read...

Nush_Rat thumbnail

Good night now... smiley17

Good morning! smiley1

Am good too... Just a bit busy with life. 

smiley31

Same here... I too got busy with stuff and then fasting for Navratri and now I have a relative's wedding to attend. Plus my big exam in June... Have to revise the entire syllabus from class 12th to Masters level again in these two months. So, I won't be having much time to catch up with the show.

All the best for your exam dear! smiley20

Anyways, I did have good expectations from Sreejita... So, I'm quite happy about it. 

Me too! smiley14

That story is nicely written and the complexity of the two leads is just wow!! The FL who was made out to be the antagonist and the antagonist who pretends to be a naive and kind girl was nicely portrayed... But again, the FL overshadows her nicely. Her jaded nature because of the treatment she received plus her done with everything attitude is too good. I can literally write paragraphs about it.

smiley36 smiley36 smiley36

The ML is another interesting character... But since I'm talking about antagonists, I won't specifically mention him here. Maybe when I describe the entire story in detail someday.

Sure. 

I swear! These two are some of the best MLs I've come across... The stories are not that much unique or full of numerous twists and turns but the characters of the leads are nicely done. The first story is an absolute tear jerker (I was crying after every second or third chapter) and the second one is an intense revenge drama but with emotions. The MLs are simply delights to read...

Sometimes even the simplest stories stand out on their own merit. So I can totally understand you. 

I'm glad that you got such good books to read.