Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

VK has a one year anniversary πŸ’” to look forward to ... One would've thought it was much longer than that πŸ€£

Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: priya185

once you start it becomes an addiction to fix it or enhance more

totally agree on that 

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

those actresses like kat who are known for beauty or glamour do not have longevity and once they are 35-40+ they try to hold on to that 

face it, the way the industry works if you want glamour and beauty  for a woman why cast a 40 yr old when you can cast a 20 yr old 

even with the few roles for older women the ones who will last are the ones with acting chops and those who can do "normal" "middle class"  "simple" roles (are versatile) especially with OTT like kareena, madhuri, padmini kolhapure, kajol, sridevi, raveena etc not  poonam dhillon or a zeenat aman

tabu still gets good roles across languages 

in the current lot alia or priyanka can last longer

greenletters thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vcs17

those actresses like kat who are known for beauty or glamour do not have longevity and once they are 35-40+ they try to hold on to that 

face it, the way the industry works if you want glamour and beauty  for a woman why cast a 40 yr old when you can cast a 20 yr old 

even with the few roles for older women the ones who will last are the ones with acting chops and those who can do "normal" "middle class"  "simple" roles (are versatile) especially with OTT like kareena, madhuri, padmini kolhapure, kajol, sridevi, raveena etc not  poonam dhillon or a zeenat aman

And another fair point is that the actresses that you mentioned barring Sridevi (no offense to her, I still think she is beautiful) are way more natural looking than Katrina at this point. Also, Katrina doesn't have the acting chops to get roles like Kareena. I am very curious about Merry Christmas though. I just think it is so late in the game for her to try and become a better actress and take Hindi seriously. I mean, yeah, nepos don't speak hindi that great, but Katrina has been in India for so long, you would think she would be a little better by now. However, she really improved, maybe just self conscious about her accent, which is understandable. 

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: greenletters

And another fair point is that the actresses that you mentioned barring Sridevi (no offense to her, I still think she is beautiful) are way more natural looking than Katrina at this point. Also, Katrina doesn't have the acting chops to get roles like Kareena. I am very curious about Merry Christmas though. I just think it is so late in the game for her to try and become a better actress and take Hindi seriously. I mean, yeah, nepos don't speak hindi that great, but Katrina has been in India for so long, you would think she would be a little better by now. However, she really improved, maybe just self conscious about her accent, which is understandable. 

i agree on sridevi, i think it became an addiction for her and she actually didnot need it, because one she started looking unnatural and two she had the star power and acting skills. madhuri is also doing this which is not required for her.

yes, my very point is that, actors like kajol (except the skin whitening) or kareena, tabu will probably have done some basic tweaks but don't need to go overboard and can remain relatively "natural" because they have the acting chops

in fact i heard somebody say shefali shah should go easy as some lines on her face make the kind of roles she does more natural 

so yeah, it also comes to not feeling pressured

even women like twinkle who have no pressure will look more natural

vidya is one more with acting skills and has overcome pressure

i just dont think katrina has the acting skills frankly, it would have come out by now, most of them show it in their first 5-10 yrs whether alia in a gangu,  kareena in a chameli, madhuri in beta, urmila in rangeela or bhoot, vidya in parineeta, kahani etc

can't think of any katrina movie where her performance was ace except just  pleasant where she fits the role like in  znmd

but what does an untalented wood like Kat even have to offer other than her usual glamour and item numbers? πŸ€”

also considering she has ruined her face big time and how much her dancing skills have deteriorated(GOD she is such an eyesore in the Phone Bhoot songs 🀒), i really don't know how she will survive? and I am still shocked that a director of sriram raghavan's caliber picked her out of so many talented actresses out there and that too after working with great talents like urmila and tabu

Anyways since this thread is simply based on looks, I will say that both kareena and tabu look far younger and prettier than current katrina who has damaged her face big time. no wonder both of them are still going strong especially the formidable tabu!

driven thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sweet_Melody

but what does an untalented wood like Kat even have to offer other than her usual glamour and item numbers? πŸ€”

also considering she has ruined her face big time and how much her dancing skills have deteriorated(GOD she is such an eyesore in the Phone Bhoot songs 🀒), i really don't know how she will survive? and I am still shocked that a director of sriram raghavan's caliber picked her out of so many talented actresses out there and that too after working with great talents like urmila and tabu

Anyways since this thread is simply based on looks, I will say that both kareena and tabu look far younger and prettier than current katrina who has damaged her face big time. no wonder both of them are still going strong especially the formidable tabu!

Why do you think she damaged her face? 

i agree on sridevi, i think it became an addiction for her and she actually didnot need it, because one she started looking unnatural and two she had the star power and acting skills. madhuri is also doing this which is not required for her.

yes, my very point is that, actors like kajol (except the skin whitening) or kareena, tabu will probably have done some basic tweaks but don't need to go overboard and can remain relatively "natural" because they have the acting chops

in fact i heard somebody say shefali shah should go easy as some lines on her face make the kind of roles she does more natural 

so yeah, it also comes to not feeling pressured

even women like twinkle who have no pressure will look more natural

vidya is one more with acting skills and has overcome pressure

i just dont think katrina has the acting skills frankly, it would have come out by now, most of them show it in their first 5-10 yrs whether alia in a gangu,  kareena in a chameli, madhuri in beta, urmila in rangeela or bhoot, vidya in parineeta, kahani etc

can't think of any katrina movie where her performance was ace except just  pleasant where she fits the role like in  znmd

DAMN STRAIGHT!!!!! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

the wooden katrina is only good for those ditzy NRI type roles(like Fitoor, Bang Bang, BBD, ZNMD and New York to name a few....not going to mention JTHJ since she was atrocious in it and the critics rightfully ripped her 'performance' apart) which are specifically designed for her in order to justify her foreign accent and poor Hindi skills πŸ€ͺ I mean even the likes of Nora Fatehi and Jacqueline have such a good command of hindi, so what is katrina's excuse even after all these years?

so I was shocked when she was chosen for a pure desi role in Bharat? 😲 like what gives? but thankfully the most legit critics found her to be a miscast and they even mocked her for butchering most Hindi lines πŸ˜†

and she heavily overacted in Zero as well so I have no clue why she received so much rave reviews? it still shocks me to the core i guess because both srk and anushka were bad in Zero, so they made katrina look half decent and she shone by default? meh whatever

Originally posted by: rolopolo

Why do you think she damaged her face? 

look at her current face, my dear! 😈

https://i.ibb.co/ZcYJtTB/B016-B839-85-A1-40-D8-A62-F-B2126-EBB48-BD.jpg

driven thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sweet_Melody

look at her current face, my dear! 😈

https://i.ibb.co/ZcYJtTB/B016-B839-85-A1-40-D8-A62-F-B2126-EBB48-BD.jpg

No you didn't get it. I know it's damaged obviously. But why do you think she damaged it? why would she do it deliberately? i mean what happened.