Sooraj Barjatya
Aditya Chopra
Yash Chopra
Inder Kumar
Others (mention in replies)
Login To Vote
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by Life_Is_Dutiful

David Dhawan's movies are highly regressive in my opinion. In his movies men fall for women and marry them only for sex. Women are also shown quite dumb in his movies. 

I don't remember the name of the film maker who directed the movie Raja Hindustani. He had made couple more movies and all his movies were damn regressive. 

David Dhawan shows women as dumb and sex objects only. Has shown eve teasing as love. 

The other guy is Dharmesh Darshan and shows women in worst light and also makes caricature of minorities and LGBTQIA people in his crap films. 

Which director do you think doesn’t do these type of things ? Are there any ?? Even Zoya Akthar had women fight women over men 

An if all the directors indulge in it (men and female) is it even bad ? 

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

Which director do you think doesn’t do these type of things ? Are there any ?? Even Zoya Akthar had women fight women over men 

An if all the directors indulge in it (men and female) is it even bad ? 

Yes, it's still bad. Everyone blackfaced back in the day. Bad at the time though they didn't recognize it.

I wouldn't call Hirani sexist though. He just has a male centric POV. That's his prerogative.

Originally posted by HearMeRoar

He just has a male centric POV. That's his prerogative.

If it’s his prerogative than it’s Prabu Devas to have 3 minute role for woman 😆

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

If it’s his prerogative than it’s Prabu Devas to have 3 minute role for woman 😆

I personally don't object to the length of the role for women. My objection is to how they are presented.

Voted for SLB! As much as I like him for bringing out the best of Aish! He did normalize husband sharing later on ! 

Originally posted by Grumpydwarf24

Voted for SLB! As much as I like him for bringing out the best of Aish! He did normalize husband sharing later on ! 

which movie ?

Originally posted by atominis

I fully agree.

Hirani has nothing for women. His films are full of sexual innuendo. Women in his films have no arc or character development. I always wondered why Kareena and Mona did not follow their passion in 3I and why it was only from male POV.

His male characters are also preachy types tbh. And that balatkar speech in 3I was terrible. 

Totally that one speech is enough to show how pervy n regressive hirani is. 

Even in munnabhai mbbs Munna tells Asthana that ladki haath se nikal gayi mamu just because chinki sets up her friend to take her place and meet Munna at a club.