Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1t1svat1t1s thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: SaayaOfKaaya

I've said it before and I'll repeat: I don't want Bollywood touching Hindu epics. Those lot do not have any intrinsic understanding of Sanatan Dharma, nor are they interested in learning about the philosophy of Hinduism.

It's simple really. To present something profound, you need to at least have some basic understanding of its foundations.

Bollywood folks are obsessed with Hollywood, the West, and Western myths and symbols. Whether it was Ayan with his Harry Potter obsession or now, Om Raut with his GoT-based aesthetic and understanding, modern-day Bollywood has never been interested in showcasing India's literature and history from an Indian perspective. They are hell-bent on adapting it with Western sensibilities.

Fair enough. Do what you wish. It's your money. But why feel the need to pollute, degrade Hindu scriptures and Hindu philosophy? Who's stopping you from making movies about Mughals, Sufism, etc.?

Good and evil, as black and white facets, is an Abrahamic feature. Even asuras and rakshashas in Hindu epics aren't outright evil. They're mostly colored in grey.

Raavan was never outright evil. Even after abducting Mata Sita, he had her stay at his favorite, most pure Ashoka Vatika and had the chivalry to ask for her permission to marry her. He didn't rape her, nor did he make her his slave.

It's best for Bollywood to stay away from Hindu epics. What do they have to lose any way? They're a largely Urdu-language based industry. Most Bollywood people are atheists or seculars, who have no connection to Hinduism. What's the big deal? Just stick to what you know. Spare us with your half-baked Westernization of dharmic epics.

It’s not out of any respect for Sita though because he tried all kinds of ways and means to persuade her to accept him.His harem consisted of women kidnapped from all the three worlds. He didn’t care if these women were someone’s wives or daughters or sisters or even mothers- he lays eyes on them and they become his in his mind.He didn’t care for Mandodari, his wife, either..The lesson Ramayana tries to teach through Raavana is that no matter how accomplished one is, if they cannot respect a woman they are bound to be destroyed.

atominis thumbnail

I agree with most of what you wrote except Ravana's non existent chivalry.

Ravana was cursed he would die and his head would burst to pieces if he touched a woman against her will.

He had molested women earlier 

https://arisebharat.com/2020/04/22/ravana-a-serial-rapist-and-tormentor/

atominis thumbnail
Originally posted by: Dimdim

OP:  In my opinion, The topic should be why ruin Hindu epics. No one will ever dare to make a movie with scriptures/verses/ books from any other community. 

And I really hope they follow the same with our Hindu  Scriptures. We don't need to see Ramayan and Mahabharat with a Game of Thrones template. 

Not just Hindu epics. In recent years they have messed up everything from past. Award winning film Chaar Sahibzaade was slammed for showing Guru Gobind Singh's mother and children as fair skinned, almost light eyed, or in pose like Mother Mary and Baby Jesus. 

In recent years some serials have also misrepresented culture, history and looks of medieval era rulers, British rule era as well. Foolishly showing them like Greek, Roman, Japanese warriors. 

Edited by atominis - 1 years ago
atominis thumbnail

BTW I was shocked to see Saif's palace in promo. Ravan lived in Sone ki Lanka and literally his palace was built of gold and so was his kingdom. How the hell did makers show a dark dingy castle of black colour belonging to Ravan? 

Where is the palace and kingdom of gold? And where is Ravan's janeu? Ravan is a Brahmin, no? Saif is not wearing janeu. Why? 

You are right about BRC Mahabharat which makes people still believe Draupadi laughed at Duryodhan and called him andhe ka putra andha which led to her vastraharan later.

Sagars also showed same scene in Sri Krishna. It is believed by many who blame Draupadi for own cheerharan. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Goddess figure from Indus Valley. 

A sari blouse like top and a short skirt with a headdress 

https://www.indianculture.gov.in/museums/mother-goddess

HearMeRoar thumbnail

This got me interested in vedic mentions of clothing. Atharva Veda does mention footwear. Lemme look up some more and will post.

@Chiillii, jump in please 

atominis thumbnail

Did they not wear those wooden type chappals? Were leather sandals there in Ramayana era? 

trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: atominis

Did they not wear those wooden type chappals? Were leather sandals there in Ramayana era? 

It's mentioned that during the Vanvas years, Shri Ram used to wear Khadau or Paduka (the wooden chappals you are talking about). Even the Kings, priests, scholars etc would wear them. Ofcourse, there were gold, silver, wooden and other variations as per the person's station. 

atominis thumbnail

Then why are Ram and Lakshman shown wearing leather sandals in exile in Adipurush promos? 

Where is paduka? 

atominis thumbnail

But Saif is NOT wearing crown in any scene in promo at all and neither has gold palace that Ravana is supposed to have. Saif was not shown with crown in any scene yet. His castle is also jet black. Where is sone ki Lanka?