Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Palak2812 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Was disappointed with Chahar's last over 

But he did bat well. 

Wese toh I don't ever want ki India ke bowlers ko batting mile

But if it happens hope he gets to bat early and not send at last. 

SoniRita thumbnail

India's lost run chases in home T20Is

216 vs SL Nagpur 2009 (29 runs)

168 vs NZ Chennai 2012 (1 run)

127 vs NZ Nagpur 2016 (47 runs)

197 vs NZ Rajkot 2017 (40 runs)

228 vs SA Indore 2022 (49 runs)

SoniRita thumbnail

A clinical performance by South Africa who have managed to avoid a 3-0 whitewash. If it was David Miller who played a rollicking knock in the previous game, it was Rilee Rossouw who played an equally impressive knock tonight. de Kock got them off to a flier, Rossouw weaved his magic, and Miller gave the finishing touches with his cameo as South Africa finished their innings on a high. India's bowling was once again under the scanner as most of their bowlers leaked plenty of runs. Their fielding wasn't that great either, as they put down quite a few chances.

In reply, India lost Rohit Sharma in the first over of the run chase, and Shreyas Iyer didn't last long either. Dinesh Karthik was promoted to bat at number 4, and he batted with a positive mindset till the time he was out there in the middle. Was proving to be an entertaining knock, until he played an ugly reverse sweep, only to find the stumps rattled. SKY who has been in ominous touch, couldn't contribute much, and the remaining other batters couldn't chip in with any significant contributions either. The South African pacers conceded a lot of boundaries and bowler a lot of extras, but they kept taking wickets at regular intervals, unlike the last game. The biggest positives for them will be the spectacular knocks by Miller in the last game and Rossouw in this one.

Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Palak2812

Damn 

I actually understood what he said while watching the match ๐Ÿคฃ

My brother went out for some reason and when I saw Chahar ka reaction I laughed my brother asks me kya hua 

Ab kya bolu Chahar ne Chu* bola Siraj ko ๐Ÿคฃ

https://twitter.com/Mohit_tiwari10/status/1577317054243557377?s=20&t=m0UT5Ar6BsoutNFAdhmKWQ

Had I been anywhere on that field (even a wandering makhi) I'd have used more dearer term of endearment.

SoniRita thumbnail

Everything going right for South Africa then, except the toss. That they won defending a score would please them no end. India, you'd argue, were a batter short. That said, their hell or high water approach shortchanged them in the end, mainly because they were thin on batting tonight.

Palak2812 thumbnail

Yes India lost 

But I am happy difference is of 49 runs 

Nahi toh jese irresponsibly Indian batsman aaj out hokar gaye the 

Bohot bura haarte 

India is still getting hurt due to big overs their bowlers are giving and also thanks to our fielding. 

SoniRita thumbnail

India coach Rahul Dravid:  I think so, good to get the right results in both series. In this format, you need luck, things to go your way, especially in close games. We didn't have that in the Asia Cup, but had some luck in Australia. We were able to rotate the squad a bit, pleased with how it's gone overall. I think so, we made a decision after the last T20 WC, sat down with Rohit, made a conscious effort to be positive. We have the batsmanship to play positively, we had to structure our squad with batting depth. Pleased with the way we've come along. Bumrah's absence is a big loss, he's been a great player but it happens, it's an opportunity for someone else to stand up. We'll miss him, his personality around the group. Today was an opportunity to give guys who haven't had much batting to get some time. It's hard on guys like Rishabh, Dinesh. Wish both of them could've continued, they were batting beautifully. 4-5 overs more and it could've been a lot closer. Happy with the way we kept going, Harshal and Deepak and the other guys. (Message ahead of the World Cup) We are going to do our best, weโ€™ve really worked hard and we can just hope for the best. In tournaments like those, you need to play really well but we need a bit of luck as well. We hope to bring smiles to peopleโ€™s faces. I think since crowds have been allowed into stadiums, weโ€™ve got great support everywhere weโ€™ve gone and the boys are really encouraged by that support. Weโ€™ll have that in Australia as well, weโ€™ll try our best.

Edited by SoniRSippu21 - 1 years ago
Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Everyone is talking a lot wrt WC, even during Asia Cup they did that.... Let's see what happens ๐Ÿค”

SoniRita thumbnail

India in bilaterals under Rohit Sharma as full time captain

Beat NZ 3-0 in T20Is (H)

Beat WI 3-0 in ODIs (H)

Beat WI 3-0 in T20Is (H)

Beat SL 3-0 in T20Is (H)

Beat SL 2-0 in Tests (H)

Beat Eng 2-1 in T20Is (A)

Beat Eng 2-1 in ODIs (A)

Beat WI 4-1 in T20Is (A)

Beat Aus 2-1 in T20Is (H)

Beat SA 2-1 in T20Is (H)

SoniRita thumbnail

Temba Bavuma | SA captain: A win like this is always good for confidence. We struggled with the bat in the first game, our bowling wasn't best in the last game, but we were clinical today. A lot to take from this game. We didn't turn up with the bat in the first game. In the second game, we couldn't execute our plans. We were a lot clear in the field today, it was a lot more clinical performance today. We need the points to qualify for the World Cup (next year). Some new guys will be coming in (for the ODI series) with some fresh energy. Every game from now on is important for us.