Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I’ve never seen the podcast but has actually used the reasoning of “Navya is a girl”?  Has Navya reminded her that that’s the definition of misogyny?  

Maybe she knows but can’t answer back to her mom as she’s using her maternal connections to get success and fame? 🤔

P.S. Let’s see if Agastya is a one time wonder like Armaan Jain, Aadar Jain, etc or like his mama AB Jr

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Swetha-Sai

Maybe she knows but can’t answer back to her mom as she’s using her maternal connections to get success and fame? 🤔

P.S. Let’s see if Agastya is a one time wonder like Armaan Jain, Aadar Jain, etc or like his mama AB Jr

Is Agastya her son ? 

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Shweta Bachchan Nanda has two kids namely: Navya ( daughter ) and Agastya ( son )

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Yes...and Agastya gets launched with the Archies movie (director Zoya Akhtar).

So, what atominis wrote, seems to make sense as Navya's career isn't really a career but a 'try this - try that' (imo), but her brother (younger) gets launched as a film actor.

atominis thumbnail

Who knows? She did turn up in a glam avatar in a LoReal campaign.

She is pushing herself as an entrepreneur, gender activist and youth icon. She does not show much inclination for acting yet.

I do think she is trained really well in way she speaks. Quite unlike other star kids. After Sara she is the first star kid who I found well spoken. Sara is better than her though.

Navya gets lot of compliments on her eyes, height and looks. Comment section is full of people asking why she is not acting despite those looks and genes. 

I highly doubt it she could have expressive acting though because I honestly do not find her face expressive. She keeps stoic face and her eyes do not speak.

atominis thumbnail

Yes she did and she justified it saying no one judges a boy, no one says a word to boys but she is harsher on Navya as she is a girl and will have it much tougher, so she wants to prepare her as a mother.

Shweta and Jaya sound like fed up of patriarchal double standards. Jaya had also said men can get away with murder but women have it much tougher and are judged for everything. Shweta was calling Navya impatient and said she thinks it can change or why it is so but it takes lot of patience and time to change anything.

They sounded almost helpless and frustrated and sort of behaved like Navya has to fight some tougher battle ahead as she is a girl.

Navya tries to interject them in podcasts but both women prevail upon her and Shweta is specifically a very dominating mom. Once Jaya also countered Navya and said she is 24 and that was no age to give advice to youth or message to youth.

They sound too raw and irritated with world of media and society. For a change I liked Shweta admitting she was thin skinned and gets affected by trolls or Jaya justifying why she gets angry or Navya saying she too fights with trolls. Jaya was encouraging Navya to fight and respond to trolls and shut them up.

The irritation is palpable.

Clochette thumbnail

I doubt that irritation (and fighting against trolls) is a fortunate reaction...

Navya may be very well spoken but that would be rather needless if she does not invest herself seriously in the work she is doing.

Her mother and grandmother sound quite bitter but I doubt that 'ranting' brings any change.

Actually, I think, that the Bachchan's are an unhappy family.

atominis thumbnail

Jaya is regressive I think. I did not find bits of their interviews and podcasts feminist or progressive. Navya does seem to have more progressive ideas but Jaya and Shweta interject her a lot and call her cheeky or impatient or immature or reiterate regressive stuff like 'sacrificing work for marriage and career is not sacrifice, it is just putting someone else's needs above yours or that I enjoyed role of mother and wife more than any role offered to me'. As if working women are not moms or wives or they do not care about needs of others. 

I find the podcast wannabe and confused. Navya starts off assertive but usually lowers tone and speaks slower once her mom and granny take over as if her confidence is deflated. 

It is not progressive. It is rather reflective of generation gap. Confusion of women.

Shweta said it is important to have voice of yours at home. I wonder if she had any at her home.

IDK if they are unhappy or just frankly expressive of what they are and do not hide much.

Given how directionless and inconclusive videos and podcasts are, I wonder if Navya is indeed serious about it or is just trying her hand at gender activism.

She gets backlash from sexist Indian men and women who either accuse her of arguing with elders or claim she will suffer if she becomes feminist. Comments usually favour Jaya or SBN POV more. Bachchans seem to have a more traditional and conservative fanbase. 

Clochette thumbnail

atominis, they may have settled into the conservative thinking (mother and grandmother) but that doesn't mean that, at another time, they had another thinking (and hopes and dreams). I would not expect them to express them NOW...

The way both come across is, imo, more like justification or rationalization.

There is a strange way of repetition ... not supporting Navya to take another route, a more independent one, in an earnest way (hard working with dedication to a work she might love) will - after a certain time - lead to failure, I guess. They seem to give false messages - maybe not consciously with the purpose to keep Navya in THEIR place - which will not help her to boost her self-confidence.

Unhappiness, dissatisfaction and disappointment can give a lot of pain to a soul which one may try to soothen by adjusting instead of rebelling. The problem is that if a woman herself isn't happy, it could easily happen that she doesn't want to be her daughter being happy as well.

Spontaneously, two films come into my mind, just at this moment: Qala (which I watched when it was released on Netflix) and K3G (the interaction between Amitji and Jaya as film couple).

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
atominis thumbnail

I 100% believe Amitabh is the dominating patriarch at home like he played roles in Abhimaan, K3G, Ek Rishta etc. 

I just feel sad they are kind of repeating same pattern for Navya.