Posted: 1 years ago

box office tracking twitter handle.

Edited by -PoisonIvy- - 1 years ago
Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: -PoisonIvy-

box office tracking twitter handle.

Can you post the link where they predicted PS1 numbers?

PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

OP - I would keep my expectations low. The Hindi belt should have picked up by now. The team is to blame for no promotions .

I’m also wondering what happens if the movie doesn’t live up to the hype the novel has. Do you think people will still watch it anyways ? 

I cannot imagine Mani Ratnam’s state right now. Poor guy must be having palpitations. 

I never saw mani ratnam promoting his films in other languages other than Tamil except Bombay.

So i am not surprised with no proper promotion of PS 1 in other languages. 

I have faith in Mani Ratnam product. So hope for the best.

PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

OP - Realistic collections - 60-65 crore WW. Quoting sacnilk. Hopefully I’m proved wrong. 

Could have been higher with Hindi belt doing well. 

WW movie released ? I think tomorrow is the movie release in India right ???

-PoisonIvy- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

Can you post the link where they predicted PS1 numbers?

https://www.sacnilk.com/articles/entertainment/kollywood/Ponniyin_Selvan__Part_1_Opening_Day_Box_Office_Prediction?hl=en

Although I think overseas might be a little higher than what he’s predicting.

-PoisonIvy- thumbnail

Originally posted by: PD_forums

WW movie released ? I think tomorrow is the movie release in India right ???

Predicted nos.

-PoisonIvy- thumbnail

Originally posted by: PD_forums

I never saw mani ratnam promoting his films in other languages other than Tamil except Bombay.

So i am not surprised with no proper promotion of PS 1 in other languages. 

I have faith in Mani Ratnam product. So hope for the best.

i know he doesn’t promote outside the Tamil belt. But your are making a pan India film. Getting your actors to dub in different languages. Hindi belt is a huge market .If not for the business aspect of the film, promote what you’ve been making for the last 25 years. It’s your dream project , why would you not want everyone to see it ? What Bahubali did for Telugu industry, PS 1 would have done for the Tamil industry. This is a little baffling. If not Mani, the stars can be asked to promote the film in other belts. As much as I love Aishwarya , I really think  the onus of the Hindi belt lied solely on her. She can give solo interviews , appear on multiple shows. All other south actors are doing their bit on their home turf. 

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

i know he doesn’t promote outside the Tamil belt. But your are making a pan India film. Getting your actors to dub in different languages. Hindi belt is a huge market .If not for the business aspect of the film, promote what you’ve been making for the last 25 years. It’s your dream project , why would you not want everyone to see it ? What Bahubali did for Telugu industry, PS 1 would have done for the Tamil industry. This is a little baffling. If not Mani, the stars can be asked to promote the film in other belts. As much as I love Aishwarya , I really think  the onus of the Hindi belt lied solely on her. She can give solo interviews , appear on multiple shows. All other south actors are doing their bit on their home turf. 

I think it’s on the makers. They didn’t want to spend any more money on promoting it. I don’t see why Ash could not have promoted if they wanted her to.
Anyway i think the film could pick up really well if the WOM is positive so I have my fingers crossed for it.

-PoisonIvy- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

I think it’s on the makers. They didn’t want to spend any more money on promoting it. I don’t see why Ash could not have promoted if they wanted her to.
Anyway i think the film could pick up really well if the WOM is positive so I have my fingers crossed for it.

Why will the makers not want her to promote more ? I wish she had gone on Kapil’s show. She is the only one in the Hindi belt who people recognise very well. I was looking forward to seeing her there because she always had so much fun whenever she was there. Itna khilkhilake ke hasti hai.

I understand it could be because Salman is the producer now. But all actors from the cast are doing solo interviews everyday , I wish she could do that too sitting in Mumbai too . I say Ash doesn’t promote much because she didn’t promote fanney khan a lot either. She appeared on only 3 shows during ADHM too and I’m sure Kjo would have liked her at all events because the film was actually being sold on Ash Ranbir more than Anushka Ranbir. 
Anyways, *hopefully* very strong WOM should help. 

Edited by -PoisonIvy- - 1 years ago
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Did it make its opening with the clash ?