Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

I am from urban India..and loyalty is a prerequisite in most relationships if not all..cheating is not something that needs to be promoted as a normal thing..open marriages are NOT common..to state it as a fact is literally making mockery of the whole institution of marriage..it might be happening in high societies because they are bored in life and wish to have some excitement by engaging in immoral activities..but what is the percentage of those people?? Heck forget urban India..even abroad I don’t see couples in open marriages..harmless flirting is one thing..sleeping around another 

They hide it well. I've heard from my colleagues how her friends swap partners frequently and all parties are willing.

So there. It's an open marriage.

And there's a difference between cheating and open marriage.

Cheating is going behind the partner's back and messing around.

Open marriage means both the partners are ok with sleeping with other people.

I think, physical cheating is still not as bad as emotional cheating. 

Welcome back Bhaisu!!!

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Ok then maybe I’m old school 🥲 maybe I have not seen this India that you’ll are talking about…and whether it is open marriage or it is deceitful cheating..both don’t make any sense to me at least...and if this is a common thing..why get married in the first place ..kartey raho jo karna hai ..

NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7

unfortunately and as much as I hate to admit it, Open marriages are common and it has been a thing since a very longgg time. I know multiple couples in the corporate setup in urban indian cities who involve in such activities. They have their own swinger club and they are obviously very very discreet. It works for them so who are we judge. I personally cannot be friends with them or hangout with them. 

does it ruin the whole sanctity of marriage, yes it does but thats my perspective and what my expectations from marriage are. For me infidelity is infidelity, mujhe yeh emotional, physical difference nai karna hai. 

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

Ok then maybe I’m old school 🥲 maybe I have not seen this India that you’ll are talking about…and whether it is open marriage or it is deceitful cheating..both don’t make any sense to me at least...and if this is a common thing..why get married in the first place ..kartey raho jo karna hai ..

@red you are old school and still wonder why people get married?

HELLO, Family pressure. It's like one of the strongest pillars of the old school found.ation 

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

I agree promiscuity is much more happening in urban india then we think, especially among younger people in metros, in coporates etc 

in other classes not so much maybe

it is obviously completely amped up in BW, even in a program like kwk, the way parents discuss their kids love lives (bhavna saying ananya was/considered dating 2 guys at one time), sex talk etc shows this 

but given deepika's background and the way prakash padukone has lived it is a bit difficult to digest and believe 

Edited by vcs17 - 1 years ago
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: DanceUntilWeDie

@red you are old school and still wonder why people get married?

HELLO, Family pressure. It's like one of the strongest pillars of the old school found.ation 

another pseudo liberal concept..people chose marriage as a sacred commitment and also as a testament to stay faithful to that person..urban India that I know of..people are no longer forced into arranged marriages..people date..or court and then decide whether they want to spend their life together..sex before marriage..yes that definitely is very common now..but open marriages 😂 being a millennial I do not agree with that..maybe Gen Z can enlighten me if things have significantly changed..anyway I no longer live in India..:)

jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

KJ's joke was about ranveer,not deepika.but if deepika wanted open marriage why didnt she forgive ranbir when he cheated her and say in her interviews that both physical and emotional loyalty is needed in her relationship?

Originally posted by: vcs17

I agree promiscuity is much more happening in urban india then we think, especially among younger people in metros, in coporates etc 

in other classes not so much maybe

it is obviously completely amped up in BW, even in a program like kwk, the way parents discuss their kids love lives (bhavna saying ananya was/considered dating 2 guys at one time), sex talk etc shows this 

but given deepika's background and the way prakash padukone has lived it is a bit difficult to digest and believe 

Bleue thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Open marriages are common in bollywood.. Inka alag hi chalta hain 

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Bleue

Open marriages are common in bollywood.. Inka alag hi chalta hain 

Also really common irl, lol. 

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: jasminerahul

KJ's joke was about ranveer,not deepika.but if deepika wanted open marriage why didnt she forgive ranbir when he cheated her and say in her interviews that both physical and emotional loyalty is needed in her relationship?

Because cheating and open relationships are not the same. Cheating involves lack of trust and communication about one partner involving in an extra marital affair/or fling without the knowledge of their partner. Where as in open relationships sleeping with other people is mutually agreed upon and there are no blindsides. You trust your partner to keep it discreet and remain married to you to share the greater life. Even an open relationship requires mutual understanding, trust and open communication to work. It's respecting wishes and being open about it. Cheating is lying and involves none of the above said qualities. I'm not advocating for open marriages but only drawing clear distinction between open relationships and cheating that so many people in this thread have them confused. 

Edited by DetachednNumb - 1 years ago