Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

Open marriages are quite common irl (of course in metropolitan cities in India), even more so in Bollywood. But I don't think DP-RS have an open marriage. DP doesn't seem to be that type. She's been burnt too many times so she's extra cautious when it comes to love. She's smart enough not to jeopardize what she has. Also, their whole equation is such that DP has an upper hand in their relationship and RS gladly accepts that. What she says goes and this is def not her scene. 

jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

U r completely right.But Deepika said that she does'nt want to share her partner with anyone else and she can't be close to any guy with whom she does'nt have relationship.So why is she ok with Ranveer's open relationships now?Some say that even Deepika is into multiple flings.What made her change?

Originally posted by: DetachednNumb

Because cheating and open relationships are not the same. Cheating involves lack of trust and communication about one partner involving in an extra marital affair/or fling without the knowledge of their partner. Where as in open relationships sleeping with other people is mutually agreed upon and there are blindsides. You trust your partner to keep it discreet and remain married to you to share the greater life. Even an open relationship requires mutual understanding, trust and open communication to work. It's respecting wishes ans being open about it. Cheating is lying and involves none of the above said qualities. I'm not advocating for open marriages but only drawing clear distinction between open relationships and cheating that so many people in this thread have them confused. 

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

another pseudo liberal concept..people chose marriage as a sacred commitment and also as a testament to stay faithful to that person..urban India that I know of..people are no longer forced into arranged marriages..people date..or court and then decide whether they want to spend their life together..sex before marriage..yes that definitely is very common now..but open marriages 😂 being a millennial I do not agree with that..maybe Gen Z can enlighten me if things have significantly changed..anyway I no longer live in India..:)

You really know nothing, then. 🤣

You don't live in India right? Bas, it ends there. NRIs are the last people who should comment on what's happening in Indian society. 

There is force, pressure and emotional blackmail. That's why lot of people are moving out, opting for courses at faraway Universities and working there so they don't have to live here in India. 

Very few Desi parents are cool with their grown-up kids dating or being in casual relationship before settling for one guy. 

Hence kids date secretly A LOT.

Just because one doesn't understand or know about what's happening in a society, doesn't mean that it is pseudo liberal 😆

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: DanceUntilWeDie

You don't live in India right? Bas, it ends there. NRIs are the last people who should comment on what's happening in Indian society. 

There is force, pressure and emotional blackmail. That's why lot of people are moving out, opting for courses at faraway Universities and working there so they don't have to live here in India. 

Very few Desi parents are cool with their grown-up kids dating or being in casual relationship before settling for one guy. 

Just because one doesn't understand or know about what's happening in a society, doesn't mean that it is pseudo liberal 😆

I stopped reading at “arranged marriages aren’t the norm” or something like that. 😆 Too many people, even in urban India, are coerced into arranged marriages. I literally thought the post was a joke until I realised OP was serious! 🤣 How can one not realise that Indian society is DEEPLY DEEPLY DEEPLY hypocritical & that all of us grew up dating/entering relationships in secret. Open marriages & cheating are very common in urban Indian society, heck, even non-urban Indian society. I literally know atleast 3-4 couples who are in open marriages & think no-one knows about them, lol. Word spreads, people talk & the world is a small village. And no, before anyone says it, i come from a fairly easygoing regular middle-class family so it isn’t even “high society” where I know far many more open marriages & cheating is extremelyyyy common!!!

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

I stopped reading at “arranged marriages aren’t the norm” or something like that. 😆 Too many people, even in urban India, are coerced into arranged marriages. I literally thought the post was a joke until I realised OP was serious! 🤣 How can one not realise that Indian society is DEEPLY DEEPLY DEEPLY hypocritical & that all of us grew up dating/entering relationships in secret. Open marriages & cheating are very common in urban Indian society, heck, even non-urban Indian society. I literally know atleast 3-4 couples who are in open marriages & think no-one knows about them, lol. Word spreads, people talk & the world is a small village. And no, before anyone says it, i come from a fairly easygoing regular middle-class family so it isn’t even “high society” where I know far many more open marriages & cheating is extremelyyyy common!!!

Word, some of posters are truly living in a Lala land. But we city people KNOW. Girls are being forced and or pressurized to marry, sometimes at a very young age, EVEN TODAY.

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

If they have an open marriage then good for them. Cuz in India it’s usually the men who can be a community di*k but the wife is expected to be a sati savitri 

Edited by Sharpener - 1 years ago
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Sharpener

If they have an open marriage the good for them. Cuz in India it’s usually the men who can be a community di*k but the wife is expected to be a sati savitri 

I laughed so so hard at “Community Di*k” I think I just spilt water! 🤣

Good to see you back, Sharpener! Always thought you wrote well & were level-headed & sane, something most people here lack, LOL. 

driven thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sharpener

If they have an open marriage the good for them. Cuz in India it’s usually the men who can be a community di*k but the wife is expected to be a sati savitri 

are you single?

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: DanceUntilWeDie

but I did get married when I was still in India and I moved out only a year back 😂 so idk why you guys are harping about open marriages like it’s a casual normal thing 😂😂 whatever you are saying about India and how Indian parents are blackmailing their kids etc is a dated comment by at least 10 years..or it’s about Tier 3 cities and towns which I have no idea about..today Indian parents are far cooler ..I have seen many support their kids when things weren’t working out for them in a marriage unlike Gen X being forced to live with that person forever by Baby Boomers..I find Millennials to be far more sensible and practical perhaps because both partners are now earning..so nobody is willing to take shit lying down..and please don’t pretend to be a know it all about India and equate every working Indian couple to be like RS-Deepu who may or may not be in an open marriage..yeh sab ameero ke chochle hai..open marriages, drugs, orgies..etc there are still far more people out there who are living a respectable morally correct life lol 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

I don't get generalization when it comes to a country like India where the urban life still differs very much from the rural life.

There may be a "modern" India in parts (whatever one means with "modern") but it will still take some more generations and a better economical situation to change certain tradtional thinking in general, imo.