Sports/Cricket

🏏India Women Tour of England - 3 ODIs - 3rd ODI at 3:30PM IST 🏏

Savera84 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

๐ŸIndia Women Tour of England - 1st ODI in Hove - 18/09/2022๐Ÿ

Please note all three matches will be covered in this thread.  The match number and page number will be changed in the title accordingly.

India bowl with Jhulan Goswami back in XI; Capsey debuts for England

It would be the first time in Goswami's career of 202 ODIs that she would be playing without Mithali Raj in the XI

Toss India chose to bowl vs England

Jhulan Goswami is set to play her first game in nearly six months - which is also her final international series - as India opted to bowl in bright and sunny conditions in the opening ODI against England in Hove. Captain Harmanpreet Kaur said at the toss she preferred to know what target her side would be chasing. It would be the first time in Goswami's entire career of 202 ODIs that she would be playing without Mithali Raj in the XI.

India brought in a number of changes after losing the T20I series 2-1; Harleen Deol, Yastika Bhatia, Rajeshwari Gayakwad and Meghna Singh came into the XI.

England handed a debut to 18-year-old batting allrounder Alice Capsey, who scored two unbeaten knocks in the recent T20Is against India, and had taken 2 for 17 before scoring a 25 off 17 for Oval Invincibles to help them win the Women's Hundred earlier this month. England also made a few changes from the T20I side: Tammy Beaumont and Emma Lamb returned as the openers in this format, Alice Davidson-Richards was another all-round option apart from Capsey and Sophia Dunkley, and Cross was joined by Issy Wong in the pace attack.

Amy Jones is leading England again in the absence of Heather Knight and Nat Sciver.

England 1 Emma Lamb, 2 Tammy Beaumont, 3 Sophia Dunkley, 4 Alice Capsey, 5 Danni Wyatt, 6 Amy Jones (capt/wk), 7 Alice Davidson-Richards, 8 Sophie Ecclestone, 9 Charlie Dean, 10 Kate Cross, 11 Issy Wong

India 1 Smriti Mandhana, 2 Shafali Verma, 3 Harmanpreet Kaur (capt), 4 Harleen Deol, 5 Yastika Bhatia (wk), 6 Deepti Sharma, 7 Pooja Vastrakar, 8 Jhulan Goswami, 9 Sneh Rana, 10 Rajeshwari Gayakwad, 11 Meghna Singh

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Savera84 thumbnail

India chose to field.

England  51/2 in the 15th over.

Alice Capsey* 14
Sophia Dunkley* 17
Jhulan and Meghna took a wicket each.

MochaQueen thumbnail

I didnt even know theres a match today

Thanks Raji๐Ÿค—

Savera84 thumbnail

England 59 for 2 at the end of 17 overs.

Savera84 thumbnail
Originally posted by: la_Reine

I didnt even know theres a match today

Thanks Raji๐Ÿค—

Me neither Hinna.  I just found out.  

So many matches are happening across the globe.  

Girls are playing good cricket and they need recognition.

Cheers..

kooki07 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Which match is on dear?

Savera84 thumbnail
Originally posted by: kooki07

Which match is on dear?

ODI between Indian Women and England Women.

Cheers..

Edited by Savera84 - 1 years ago
Savera84 thumbnail

England 79 for 3 in 22 overs.

Danni Wyatt* 11
Sophia Dunkley 26

Nichuss thumbnail

already 2 wkts down... gud gud

Savera84 thumbnail