Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Alka Yagnik Vs Shreya Goshal - Better Singer?

Poll

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
khan.baba thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JayaBachan thumbnail

That’s a hard one but my votes goes to Alka. She has literally sung every song in planet Bollywood and suits me better when I’m lip-synching in the car, pretending it’s my real voice. Unfortunately, Shreya’s voice doesn’t suit me. 

Edited by FingerFetish - 1 years ago

SHREYA by a huge margin

ALKA KI AWAAZ KAANO MAY teer ki tarah CHUBHTEE HAI WHENEVER SHE SINGS AT A HIGHER PITCH

Edited by kingkhan22 - 1 years ago
atominis thumbnail

Voice quality I like Alka better and she is original compared to Shreya who copies Lata a lot. Alka was also more versatile and pulled off raunchy or item songs better than Shreya whose voice is too sugary sweet for such songs.

Technically Shreya is a better vocalist compared to Alka. Her craft is better than Alka and her classical base is also better than Alka. 

Anyone who has heard young Lata a lot, will not really find Shreya special. Shreya copies Lata too much. 

Originally posted by: atominis

Voice quality I like Alka better and she is original compared to Shreya who copies Lata a lot. Alka was also more versatile and pulled off raunchy or item songs better than Shreya whose voice is too sugary sweet for such songs.

Technically Shreya is a better vocalist compared to Alka. Her craft is better than Alka and her classical base is also better than Alka. 

Anyone who has heard young Lata a lot, will not really find Shreya special. Shreya copies Lata too much. 

Alka actually copies Lata a LOT, its a well known thing among listeners about her

Also the voice quality of Shreya is much better and sweeter than Alka

Shreya has sung raunchy songs better than Alka, do your research

Even Anuradha Paudwal sang DHAK DHAK KARNE LAGA a raunchy naughty song MUCH BETTER than ALKA's all raunchy songs

ALKA COPIED Lata TOO MUCH in 90s, even the way she emoted during the songs, she used to be call Lata junior for her copycat tendencies 

atominis thumbnail

Lulz. Even critics say Shreya's voice sounds closest to Lata. So I do not need to argue.

Shreya is too sugary sweet and sounded funny in Chikni Chameli. 

khan.baba thumbnail
Originally posted by: FingerFetish

That’s a hard one but my votes goes to Alka. She has literally sung every song in planet Bollywood and suits me better when I’m lip-synching in the car, pretending it’s my real voice. Unfortunately, Shreya’s voice doesn’t suit me. 

You were lyp-synch shreya voice in which film 😎, although i love alka too but her voice is too screechy on high notes , shreya is perfect in every note she sings

khan.baba thumbnail
Originally posted by: kingkhan22

Alka actually copies Lata a LOT, its a well known thing among listeners about her

Also the voice quality of Shreya is much better and sweeter than Alka

Shreya has sung raunchy songs better than Alka, do your research

Even Anuradha Paudwal sang DHAK DHAK KARNE LAGA a raunchy naughty song MUCH BETTER than ALKA's all raunchy songs

ALKA COPIED Lata TOO MUCH in 90s, even the way she emoted during the songs, she used to be call Lata junior for her copycat tendencies 

Alka voice sound sweet at times , apke pyar main from raaz she owned it , but i suppose shreya is better in basics , better in classical / funky songs , and yeah romance and sad songs are something everyone get to sings so thats why not commenting on melody songs 

JayaBachan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arsalan_khan

You were lyp-synch shreya voice in which film 😎, although i love alka too but her voice is too screechy on high notes , shreya is perfect in every note she sings

I found her screechy in Chikni Chameli. WOT EVEN WAS THAT? I try lip-synching to every female singers voice in the car but Alka suits my persona more. Shreya is too sweet sounding. Beautiful voice no doubt but if I’m pretending to perform at a filmfare event, then I gotta be realistic with my imagination. So I’m always either Sunidhi Chauhan or Alka. Ya get me? 

atominis thumbnail

Shreya is the one who is too shrill in high notes and sounds over sweet, diabetic almost.

She is nothing but an inferior copy of Lata Mangeshkar. Wannabe Lata.