Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Why Bollywood doesn' make children-oriented films?

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

It saddens me that there aren't many films today that I can safely watch with my little nephews and nieces.

Only a handful of BW films come to my mind when I think of films in the recent past that were kinda made for children.

I think is silly to think that adults can't/don't watch films that are primarily made for children. For e.g. Films like "A Flying Jatt" (2016) and "Secret Sperstar" (2017) were equally enjoyed/watched by adult audiences, but they were kinds children/teen oriented.

Now think about it. They were released more than 5 years ago.

Maybe my memory is weak OR BW has stopped focusing on kids altogether? 🤔

I mean I love spending time with kids, and they frequently insist on watching "movies", but I always end up playing an animated or some superhero flick for them, because there is just no interesting content for them🤪

Netflix has a kids section, but I don't know why kids around me don't like that content. The Cartoons on TV also suck.smiley11

Offcourse, I can still watch wholesome films like RRR or Bhool Bhulaiya with kids but they are not made very often. Most of the stuff today is (unncessarily) sexualized and explcit.

I must say mid90s to early2000s was the best time to be a kid.

• You could watch most BW films of almost any genre with your entire family (including kids).😃 Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke, DDLJ, Border, Hero No.1, Baadshah, HSSH etc. All very different films from one another, but they could be watched by anybody and kids loved these films.
  • Cartoon Network, Nickelodean, Pogo had some top-notch cartoons and even prime TV channels had a dedicated hour for kids. Does anyone remember Fox Kids?😃
  • Hindi Television shows were also good like Just Moh abbat, Tu Tu Main Main, Shaka Laka Boom Boom, Sonpari etc.
  • Indi-POP music was at its peak. So was the international music scene. (Does anyone remember Vengaboys songs?)
  • HW also produced gems like Termintor 2, Jurrasic Park, Home Alone that were dubbed and played on TV frequently.

That's why late Zillenials (1993 to 1998 born) are the most nostalgic generation of all time. We certainly had the best time as kids.

Thoughts, anyone?

Edited by diasingh2 - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

There’s still a lot of clean films kids can watch. Bhool Bulaiya 2 seemed kid friendly 

But if your talking about kids as lead protagonists In films than it comes back to star system an if those films will work at the box office. The films get put into a certain section 

priya185 thumbnail

Yes they should make more films where children are central characters

I liked tzp and secret superstar

priya185 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

There’s still a lot of clean films kids can watch. Bhool Bulaiya 2 seemed kid friendly 

But if your talking about kids as lead protagonists In films than it comes back to star system an if those films will work at the box office. The films get put into a certain section 

In bhool bhulaiya 2 they bullied the fat kid ðŸ¥º

Maharani69 thumbnail
Engager 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6

Pehle adult audience toh BW movies dekhne ayein. 

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maharani69

hey maharani welcome back ðŸ¥³

diasingh2 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Maharani69

LOL... that's actually a good point.😆

But you've to admit there is a serious dearth of children-friendly or wholesome content on films, TV, OTT... almost everywhere.

Children are a way to keep up a good legacy. There is a reason 90s nostalgia is so cherished today, because kids from that time are grown-up now and currently in the position of decision-making/content-making verticals. They are also the biggest consumers of the entertainment industry.

But current generation is growing up watching cringe remakes and generic biopics. Bollywood will lose its legacy.

Edited by diasingh2 - 1 years ago
vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

I agree even the family movies those days like HAHK, Hum hain raahi were very kid friendly but nowadays jug jug jeeyo, kank etc are not 

i watch some movies from the south with my kids (they are 10+), like some of the village type family movies, charlie 777 , karthikeya 2, bangalore days is also child friendly, even movies like doctor, beast are watchable with kids 

diasingh2 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Kid-oriented films don't always need kid protagonists. Also, star system has always existed. But filmmakers and actors have always taken risks.

For. eg

Koi Mil Gaya could've easily backfired for Hrithik, but it became a life-saver for him during his flop phase.

Kids who loved him, grew up adoring him and they still look forward to his films.

Same reason for Sridevi. She was loved by kids, and that's one of the reason she had a huge career and a successful comeback. Mr. India is still such a universally loved him even today.

diasingh2 thumbnail
Originally posted by: priya185

In bhool bhulaiya 2 they bullied the fat kid ðŸ¥º

I agree. It was such a generic plot-line of having a fat kid only for the purpose being bullied for his weight. It would've made sense if that kid served some other purpose in the film, but he didn't.