Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: LilBitOfAlexis

The 5 days weekend saved aamir’s ass otherwise this movie would have been a mega disaster , 50 cr bhi nahi hota πŸ˜†

who knows tat 50cr is fake r not πŸ˜†

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: aparnauma

The trailer itself was so boring and add to that the bad word of mouth publicity are the reasons for the film not doing well.

But all the films in the making currently should go back to the story board if they want to survive.

They already have story board , how to blame viewers 101 , victim card 101 πŸ˜†

Chiillii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Has anybody seen Kaante. It’s an adaptation of Reservoir Dogs. And such an amazing adaptation that the original director Quentin Tarantino himself praised it

Or has anybody seen Omkaara Maqbool and Haider adaptations each of Shakespeare Othello Macbeth and Hamlet

Or has anybody seen Chalbaaz, an adaptation of Sita aur Gita which itself was adapted from Ram aur Shyam

Even Don 1 an adaptation of the previous Don

Or Dev D an adaptation of Devdas 

Many people have successfully adapted previously acclaimed films into a new version which were equally successful 

However in all the above adaptations we can see the creativity and hard work put in by the makers providing something new and relatable and upgraded to the times for the audience to like the film

Forest Gump could be adapted well in the hands of a better director/ producer Aamir is solely responsible for ruining it 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Chiillii

Has anybody seen Kaante. It’s an adaptation of Reservoir Dogs. And such an amazing adaptation that the original director Quentin Tarantino himself praised it

Or has anybody seen Omkaara Maqbool and Haider adaptations each of Shakespeare Othello Macbeth and Hamlet

Or has anybody seen Chalbaaz, an adaptation of Sita aur Gita which itself was adapted from Ram aur Shyam

Even Don 1 an adaptation of the previous Don

Or Dev D an adaptation of Devdas 

Many people have successfully adapted previously acclaimed films into a new version which were equally successful 

However in all the above adaptations we can see the creativity and hard work put in by the makers providing something new and relatable and upgraded to the times for the audience to like the film

Forest Gump could be adapted well in the hands of a better director/ producer Aamir is solely responsible for ruining it 

Maybe someone else might've done a better job than this but would've still fallen short as I feel FG shouldn't and couldn't be adapted in BW...

Indian sensibilities being different and all...

Edited by BettyA1 - 1 years ago
CottonCandyy thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sukun

If you have warched the movie, you would know calling it worst film is an understatement.

It's a terrible movie, no Wonder amir khan didnot promote  it as much as he shouldve considering he had been working on it for 14 years.

Forget krk, have you come across a single member review where anyone has wholehartedly n thoroughly enjoyed or appreciated the movie? What seemed to me is that everyone is being extra careful in their reviews in not critiquing it too harshly due to the sympathy wave amir khan has created for himself. 

@bold Could be true but i simply didn’t agree with worst flim tag for LSC because I have seen movies like Humshakals πŸ˜†

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: BettyA1

Maybe someone else might've done a better job than this but would've still fallen short as I feel FG shouldn't and couldn't be adapted in BW...

Indian sensibilities being different and all...

When I read Aamir's first announcement, I really hoped that he would be able to adapt this fairy tale story for Indian sensibilities and events. I bet that this was the idea...

However obviously there is too much that was done in a wrong way:

The magical story, the smoothness of transition of one part of Forrest's life to another and a kind of inherent humour seem to be lacking instead there was a kind of preaching and forced messages (only my impression after having read so many reviews).

And - in my feeling - playing this character, there was  N O need at all for looking at the world (and people) with these eyes wide as saucers (for the third time while playing an innocent soul)...

Nevertheless, it could have worked - with a better (Indian) storytelling and another acting.

sharmajikaladka thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

The movie finally has come to halt with collection of 1.5 Cr. today. Who could have imagined Aamir Khan movie would earn 1.5 Cr. in a day  in the first week itself ?

raj80 thumbnail

I am amused to see Betty and few boycotters take active interest in a Aamir film.  πŸ˜†

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: raj80

I am amused to see Betty and few boycotters take active interest in a Aamir film.  πŸ˜†

That's why we're here πŸ˜†