Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CottonCandyy thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: mz.gigglez

Whats currently “ in time” toxic thrash and violence? Just wondering 

Any movie that is suited for a theatre experience typically one with upbeat music, good visuals, and scenes that will give you a rush.  

Action? yes , toxic thrash ? Not necessarily.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: vcs17

I dont think he is biased, but yes LSC may not be to his taste as he didnt like Forrest gump too and lsc will obvoiously will be more emotional tadka

actually what I found is forrest gump has quite a few critics in US who find it very syrupy and manipulative

reddit has discovred him now but I follow on twitte, ppl know of him now after RRR but he has been viewing indian movies for years now, I have followed his reviews for long time now 

he has reviewed lot of aamir movies also very well such as talaash, he and some others like melanie actually have been watching indian movies for long and review little known ones too much before RRR, even other languages

as someone said i doubt whether western reviewers will be bought out but it is a matter of taste 

I went through his recent tweets. I felt he was biased for two reasons. He doesn’t like FG and already said in one tweet he hoped LSC is not as bad. Yea he’s entitled to his opinion but seemed unnecessary to announce that in advance. And in another tweet he retweeted a positive review and said it was wildly off base. Seems like a weird thing to do dragging another review down just because you disagree with it. Actually it’s rather unprofessional when you are a reviewer/critic yourself 

TorinoPasta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

This seems genuine. He does not belong to Aamir's clan .

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChCC8gwtR3L/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edited by TorinoPasta - 1 years ago
vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I went through his recent tweets. I felt he was biased for two reasons. He doesn’t like FG and already said in one tweet he hoped LSC is not as bad. Yea he’s entitled to his opinion but seemed unnecessary to announce that in advance. And in another tweet he retweeted a positive review and said it was wildly off base. Seems like a weird thing to do dragging another review down just because you disagree with it. Actually it’s rather unprofessional when you are a reviewer/critic yourself 

the second yes I agree, he shouldnt have 

but first no, when I watch a remake definetly I will tell my opinion about the original, in fact it is honest because now we can say that he didnt like fg itself so it is taste maybe, infact it is more damaging to say I loved FG and didnt like this

when somebody watches a remake/adaption whether critic or audience we will state our opinion about the original, any movie will face this, performance, making everything will be compared 

wasnt don remake compared to the original, drishyam's several versions, now vikram and veda will be compared and hrithik will be compared to vijay setupathi by both critics and audience, that is the risk you take when you remake 

on a different note, i was listening to aamir interview with baradwaj rangan, the usual south success question, he said hindi audience are now very aware and open which he always complained about the lack of earlier. my sense is he also didnt realise that ppl know so much about FG, this movie (success or failure doesnt matter) he wouldnt have spent time on if he knew it, just my guess as he is very perceptive

Edited by vcs17 - 1 years ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

the second yes I agree, he shouldnt have 

but first no, when I watch a remake definetly I will tell my opinion about the original, in fact it is honest because now we can say that he didnt like fg itself so it is taste maybe, infact it is more damaging to say I loved FG and didnt like this

when somebody watches a remake/adaption whether critic or audience we will state our opinion about the original, any movie will face this, performance, making everything will be compared 

wasnt don remake compared to the original, drishyam's several versions, now vikram and veda will be compared and hrithik will be compared to vijay setupathi by both critics and audience, that is the risk you take when you remake 

on a different note, i was listening to aamir interview with baradwaj rangan, the usual south success question, he said hindi audience are now very aware and open which he always complained about the lack of earlier. my sense is he also didnt realise that ppl know so much about FG, this movie (success or failure doesnt matter) he wouldnt have spent time on if he knew it, just my guess as he is very perceptive

Hmm, I don’t know. He did mention in the same interview that he was very impressed with Atul’s script and even without seeing FG he would have liked it as a great Indian story. I didn’t get the vibe that he wouldn’t have taken this one if he knew, but if true it might not be lack of perception but rather just timing. He started this project years ago before the explosion of OTT in India and exposure of foreign movie to Indian audience. So maybe if this project had come to him five years ago he might not have done it. But if he’s genuine about loving the script anyway then who knows 🤷🏽‍♀️

Also, interesting and very fair points regarding remakes and comparisons, and coming clean whether you’ve liked the original or not 👍🏽  

vcs17 thumbnail

Hmm, I don’t know. He did mention in the same interview that he was very impressed with Atul’s script and even without seeing FG he would have liked it as a great Indian story. I didn’t get the vibe that he wouldn’t have taken this one if he knew, but if true it might not be lack of perception but rather just timing. He started this project years ago before the explosion of OTT in India and exposure of foreign movie to Indian audience. So maybe if this project had come to him five years ago he might not have done it. But if he’s genuine about loving the script anyway then who knows 🤷🏽‍♀️

Also, interesting and very fair points regarding remakes and comparisons, and coming clean whether you’ve liked the original or not 👍🏽  

yes, i meant the same that he is perceptive or smart to know that timing may not be right given the explosion of OTT, in contrast to kareena who is going on about classy and elite ppl only having watched FG 🤣 , i mean dubbed version of avatar and spider man are big hits, korean shows have penetrated small towns

as someone said this maybe 3-5 yrs late

he also has good business sense so investing on something which faces this risk he may not have taken especially as he invests so many years on his movies 

but then i heard he is remaking some spanish movie next  so dont know, of course spanish maybe more under the radar

any remake now will face this risk very obviously now

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

yes, i meant the same that he is perceptive or smart to know that timing may not be right given the explosion of OTT, in contrast to kareena who is going on about classy and elite ppl only having watched FG 🤣 , i mean dubbed version of avatar and spider man are big hits, korean shows have penetrated small towns

as someone said this maybe 3-5 yrs late

he also has good business sense so investing on something which faces this risk he may not have taken especially as he invests so many years on his movies 

but then i heard he is remaking some spanish movie next  so dont know, of course spanish maybe more under the radar

any remake now will face this risk very obviously now

Kareena is Kareena. She’ll always make some weird crazy statement. Although this time she might have meant that FG was more of a multiplex movie but she definitely mangled up her articulation 😆.

I’m sure Aamir will still make a profit here. It’s just a matter of how much now. I’m sure he’s got a good chunk from satellite and OTT deals just based on his reputation and record alone. I’m also curious if he’s getting any percentage of the profits from overseas sales specially the ones Paramount distributing? 

vcs17 thumbnail

Kareena is Kareena. She’ll always make some weird crazy statement. Although this time she might have meant that FG was more of a multiplex movie but she definitely mangled up her articulation 😆.

I’m sure Aamir will still make a profit here. It’s just a matter of how much now. I’m sure he’s got a good chunk from satellite and OTT deals just based on his reputation and record alone. I’m also curious if he’s getting any percentage of the profits from overseas sales specially the ones Paramount distributing? 

basically kareena belongs to category for whom english speaking is elite and classy, i think she has been asked to control but slips these gems in between 

profit is not the issue it will make it but it is a test of whether the peak stardom is there or over, i personally think age cannot be stopped and khans are approaching it, basically your fans are also middle aged now so not so vested in you

every star before this faced it from rajesh khanna to amitabh bachchan and much more given that they were stars when cinema was supreme

example mani ratnam had an amazing run, makes some ok movies now but is well past peak, everybody knows it

for stars it is tougher 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

basically kareena belongs to category for whom english speaking is elite and classy, i think she has been asked to control but slips these gems in between 

profit is not the issue it will make it but it is a test of whether the peak stardom is there or over, i personally think age cannot be stopped and khans are approaching it, basically your fans are also middle aged now so not so vested in you

every star before this faced it from rajesh khanna to amitabh bachchan and much more given that they were stars when cinema was supreme

example mani ratnam had an amazing run, makes some ok movies now but is well past peak, everybody knows it

for stars it is tougher 

Aamir still has the advantage of credibility of quality even if not the star value of box office.  And looks like LSC might solidify that since it’s looking like it will probably get very good reviews but box office is still questionable. So the name Aamir Khan might continue to carry clout if he moves from acting more towards production or even directing. As a lead actor ehh, he’ll have to find scripts where it’s age appropriate for him to be the lead and eventually he might have to accept that he’ll be the supporting character in the movie and not the lead. But overall his transition might be smoother than other Khans provided he doesn’t push his luck until he has consecutive failures. 

vcs17 thumbnail

Aamir still has the advantage of credibility of quality even if not the star value of box office.  And looks like LSC might solidify that since it’s looking like it will probably get very good reviews but box office is still questionable. So the name Aamir Khan might continue to carry clout if he moves from acting more towards production or even directing. As a lead actor ehh, he’ll have to find scripts where it’s age appropriate for him to be the lead and eventually he might have to accept that he’ll be the supporting character in the movie and not the lead. But overall his transition might be smoother than other Khans provided he doesn’t push his luck until he has consecutive failures. 

I agree but this is the biggest challenge and not easy to accept, example Kamal hassan he is much better writing and directing but he is continuing to act and however intelligent one is, accepting is not easy, maybe its ego 

clint eastwood did it excellently 

Here I would say amitabh has adapted himself the best despite being just an actor