Aamir Khan to Blame for Bollywood's Loss of KGF-Style Tonality: KJO

hasini009 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Koffee With Karan 7: Aamir Khan To Blame For Bollywood's Loss Of KGF-Style Tonality, Per Karan Johar

"No you're wrong," Aamir Khan told Karan Johar

Bollywood Asian News InternationalUpdated : August 04, 2022 8:03 am IST 

<i>Koffee With Karan 7</i>: Aamir Khan To Blame For Bollywood's Loss Of <i>KGF</i>-Style Tonality, Per Karan Johar

Aamir Khan on the Koffee With Karan 7 couch.(courtesy: 

New Delhi : 

Director Karan Johar, in the recent episode of Koffee With Karan 7 claims that actor Aamir Khan is responsible for losing the tonality in Hindi cinema that South cinema offers. In conversation with Aamir, theAe Dil Hai Mushkildirector said, "There's been so much success that some of the South Industry films have offered us in terms of Baahubali, RRR, KGF, and Pushpa and some of our films that haven't been working. Is there a shift that's happened in our movies recently in terms of like there's a tonality that KGF has or Pushpa has that actually Hindi cinema used to have. We actually let go of it and you're responsible for it." 

Explaining the reason why he finds Aamir is responsible for all this, Karan said, " In the year 2001 you came up with two films Dil Chahta Haiand Lagaan, both had new sensibilities, both had a new syntax in cinema then after that you came up with a film Rang De Basanti in 2006, then you made Taare Zameen Par right after that, with the result you started making a certain audience and filmmakers."

To which Aamir denied all the claims and said, "No you're wrong. Those were all heartland films. Those movies had emotions. They reach the common man. It's something that you will emotionally connect to. Rang De Basanti is a very emotional film. It touches the people at grassroots." 

Aamir further said, "I am not saying make action films or crude films. Make good films with great stories but choose topics that are relevant to most people. Every filmmaker has the freedom to make what they want. But when you are picking something that the bulk of India is not really interested in... There are niche people who are interested, which most of us don't realise. That's what I feel is the difference."

South Indian films in the past few years have performed exceptionally well worldwide. But big Bollywood films like Prithviraj, Ranbir Kapoor's Shamshera and Ranveer Singh's Jayeshbhai Jordaar failed to bring audiences to the theatres. 

https://www.ndtv.com/entertainment/karan-johar-claims-aamir-khan-is-responsible-for-loss-of-tonality-in-hindi-cinema-3222873/amp/1

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hasini009 thumbnail

Oprah Winfrey Point Out GIF - Oprah Winfrey Point Out Pointing GIFs

You, you , you. This is all your fault, not mine.

Edited by hasini009 - 1 years ago
pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Yeh rite

Aamir is responsible…. I mean shoving expensive Lehngas, rich Raichands landing in helicopters for work, expensive American looking schools like st teees didn’t alienate the common man and the grassroots level audiences at all 

angels_eyes thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: hasini009

Aamir further said, "I am not saying make action films or crude films. Make good films with great stories but choose topics that are relevant to most people. Every filmmaker has the freedom to make what they want. But when you are picking something that the bulk of India is not really interested in... There are niche people who are interested, which most of us don't realise. That's what I feel is the difference.”

I agree with Aamir on this 

Johnny.Balraj thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Salman was selling corns from 2010 to 2016?

cts22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Aamir has actually made great films.

They have had an emotional connect that is why they did well. Lagaan, Rang de or Taare had so much emotions at an inter personal level. Whether parental, friendship, student teacher or romance.

It is the below par writing and too much influence of over priced stars plus fashion than on story writing and music

KGF had swag and an emotional story and that is why it connected. Shamshera was atrocious in all levels and Ranbir does not have the swag that Yash had to carry out that persona.

Similarly Big B had great stories but he also had the persona which took his films to another level.

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: pathaka

Yeh rite

Aamir is responsible…. I mean shoving expensive Lehngas, rich Raichands landing in helicopters for work, expensive American looking schools like st teees didn’t alienate the common man and the grassroots level audiences at all 

K3G came in 2001, after 21 years we still mocking Karan? 😆

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

I don’t think a movie has to be relatable to work, it just has to connect well with the audiences. It’s why a movie like K3G or DDLJ worked, because aside from the story, the emotions were portrayed so well. Shamshera flopped because it was God awful, not because audiences taste in movies has drastically changed. 

blahhhh thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cts22

Aamir has actually made great films.

They have had an emotional connect that is why they did well. Lagaan, Rang de or Taare had so much emotions at an inter personal level. Whether parental, friendship, student teacher or romance.

It is the below par writing and too much influence of over priced stars plus fashion than on story writing and music

KGF had swag and an emotional story and that is why it connected. Shamshera was atrocious in all levels and Ranbir does not have the swag that Yash had to carry out that persona.

Similarly Big B had great stories but he also had the persona which took his films to another level.

aamir made these movies?

blahhhh thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

K3G came in 2001, after 21 years we still mocking Karan? 😆

he showed real college life in SOTY👌