Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

The three leads but Zulfi was - in a certain way - very well joined-up in the ensemble cast of the triplicity.

I knew that neither Alia nor Shefali would disappoint me... Vijay was a welcome (very positive) surprise (first time watch as I haven't seen Gully Boy and Pink yet and Super 30 doesn't interest me).

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
Deviant_Pixel thumbnail

I loved it! Everyone was brilliant and I think it’s great they didn’t caricature the domestic abuser but showed exactly how manipulative and all consuming a person can be, showing even ‘positive’ traits.

I know some people had a criticism that it implied every woman is in a position to rise up but again this is cinema and it’s liberty.

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

undoubtedly  the best movie so far.... and can we please give the performance of the year to Vijay Verma already. what a performance...the show stealer!!!!! this guy gave me chills! holy crap.....so much talent. 👏no need to change his looks, work on his looks to scare you....damn...10 mins in movie and he just scares the shit out of you....what performance!!!!Image

Briaahna thumbnail

alia bhatt....again a shoutout to kjo...THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

no need to write essays on her.....i found this tweet which just nails it perfectly!!!!

https://twitter.com/ali_sahib45/status/1556092728919965696?s=20&t=eEbABg7-pMwN61OvjcRHgA

Edited by Briaahna - 1 years ago
Briaahna thumbnail

Shefali shah....take a bow....oh well you are gem anyways...delhi crime is enough!!👏

what mother daughter combo...shefali and aloo👏

roshan mathews..never heard of this guy...but he shines in a his role.

each and everyone, cast, crew members, etc...what a great team work!!

Briaahna thumbnail

i don't know who was the one who got Vijay Verma on board for this movie, whether it was shah, aloo, or director...A BIG HUG TO YOU!!!!!!

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Briaahna

undoubtedly  the best movie so far.... and can we please give the performance of the year to Vijay Verma already. what a performance...the show stealer!!!!! this guy gave me chills! holy crap.....so much talent. 👏no need to change his looks, work on his looks to scare you....damn...10 mins in movie and he just scares the shit out of you....what performance!!!!Image

i think both did decent in this scene & when badru repeated the same torment on him when she revealed about the miscarriage of their unborn daughter...vijay verma's good for sure ...

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Befikre

Okish movie. Nothing extraordinary. Felt more like a tv drama than a movie tbh. Haseen Dilruba was kinda similar, but that had better suspense. This one was gripping and entertaining throughout, but no climax here. They could have actually done something crazy and mind f*cking towards the end or kept it open ended like Andhadhun to engage people into discussion. 

Performances were good. All acted well. But again, no one gave soul stirring performance. 

One time watch. 2.5 stars mainly for decent acting and overall good package. The story was divided into two parts. He beats her up in first and she does the same in second. There could have been a third part and that could have elevated this mid film. 

i agree, nothing extraordinary stood out despite itt being a decent one-time watch....only the scene where hamza tormented badru with the heel/top piece of the red heel and the parallel scene of badru redoing the same torment before revealing the miscarriage of their unborn daughter was perhaps nicely performed....

Savera84 thumbnail

Darlings is a good movie.👍🏼

Shefali Shah owns the character she plays.  If I know she is in a movie, I will try to watch it.  She earned that respect.

Vijay Verma is slowly reaching that stage. He has done a good job in his previous movies too.👏

Alia Bhatt has done a good job portraying Badru.  She looked a bit delicate, otherwise everything else is ok about her in the movie. 👍🏼 

Roshan Mathew did not disappoint.

I must say, Gauri Khan, Alia Bhatt and Gaurav Verma have chosen a relevant topic to make a picture.

All the very best to the team of Darlings.

Cheers..

Siddu246 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

I looked forward to watching this movie especially with the topic but it was extremely boring, slow and dragged. 

Not sure why everyone is going gaga over it? 

This is probably the only movie where Alia had actual control over her OTT dialogue yelling in her Bombay accent along with her cringe flaring nostrils. Hopefully she continues on this path of control.